Burger King / but one get one free

1 1950 Lincoln Way EastChamberburg, PA, United States Review updated:

December 7th, the Burger King sign out front say's buy one original chicken sandwich get one free. So hats just what I did, ordered a #9 combo (original chicken sandwich, fries and a Coke). I payed for my order and continued driving East on route 30. When I opened my bag all I had was one sandwich and fries, so I called the restaurant and talked to Sheila who proceeded to tell me that they do not give out the free sandwich unless I had asked for it. I did not ask for it, but I expected it, as for any buy one get one free. Simply preposterous, I will not be dining at BK in this lifetime!

Comments

7th of Dec, 2010

Thats sucks. Thats why I cook at home. I worked at 2 different chains as a kid...lets just say you are eating a lot of things you dont want to be eating. Employees hate their jobs and take it out on the consumer

7th of Dec, 2010

Thats the American way these days. My Grandfather tell me that He doesn't even recognize his own country anymore.

• Am
      7th of Dec, 2010

This isn't uncommon really, and not that big of a deal. Sometimes people don't want two sandwiches, I've encountered this before and simply ask for the extra one. Nothing worth boycotting BK for, but I guess some people need to feel better by getting mad at everything. Relax.

• Si
      14th of Dec, 2010

I work for BK and just for the record at our store you can not get the sandwich free if you order a value meal. However if you ask for the buy one get one we will give it to you and then you can get the fries and a drink which in the end would still be a hell of a deal. I would also like to add that I have never been anywhere that offered a buy one get one free that just put it in my bag without asking me. Not any store, fast food, merchandise or otherwise would just throw it in the bag..Kind of like throwing money down the drain.

• Jf
      21st of Dec, 2010

I work at Burger King and I very much dislike people that expect us to know they want the free sandwich. But we're a little smarter then the rest and we ask if the customer wants the BOGO sandwich or not. Problem solved.