Burger King / advertised pricing not honored

Live Oak, FloridaLIVE, US

On 11/15/17 at Burger King in Live Oak Fl 129 south, several customers and myself waited 20 minutes in the drive thru line and finally gave up, parked & went inside. The cashier told us to be patient she was one of only 2 employees working in the store this morning. A young teenager in front of me holding a $1.00 bill in her hand ordered $.89 pancakes clearly advertised on the menu board. She was rudely told that the pancakes were no longer $.89 but were in fact now $2.13 . I engaged the cashier and explained that she must honor the advertised price or either change the sign to the correct price, to which she refused. I bought the kid her $2.13 pancakes. First of all, we have major traffic on the road frontage of this store in the early morning and it seems ridiculous to only have 2 employees in a fast food store serving breakfast. Secondly, advertised prices must be honored no matter what! No big deal if the ancakes ARE in fact $2.13 that's ok, but if your sign says $.89, well then sorry, you messed up & should honor that advertisement. CHANGE YOUR MENU SIGN!

• Updated by Kathy Lamb Hals, Nov 15, 2017

On 11/15/17 at Burger King in Live Oak Fl 129 south, several customers and myself waited 20 minutes in the drive thru line and finally gave up, parked & went inside. The cashier told us to be patient she was one of only 2 employees working in the store this morning. A young teenager in front of me holding a $1.00 bill in her hand ordered $.89 pancakes clearly advertised on the menu board. She was rudely told that the pancakes were no longer $.89 but were in fact now $2.13 . I engaged the cashier and explained that she must honor the advertised price or either change the sign to the correct price, to which she refused. I bought the kid her $2.13 pancakes. First of all, we have major traffic on the road frontage of this store in the early morning and it seems ridiculous to only have 2 employees in a fast food store serving breakfast. Secondly, advertised prices must be honored no matter what! No big deal if the pancakes ARE in fact $2.13 that's ok, but if your sign says $.89, well then sorry, you messed up & should honor that advertisement. CHANGE YOUR MENU SIGN!

Ka