Bullseye Indoor Range and Gun Shop / Watch out!

221 W. Crogan St.Lawrenceville, GA, United States Review updated:
3.65
My wife and I came into the store to purchase her first gun. Things started out fine until the owner begins talking to my wife in a very condescending manner. If you haven't had the opportunity to meet Randy Powell and his son Jeremy you are really missing the opportunity to meet two of the world's two most arrogant people you would ever want to meet. My wife was at the point of tears. Needless to say we left without incident.

When I came home I began to look for other gun dealers in the area when I came across other reviews on these guys. It seems they have a reputation of customer abuse.

They may have a large selection of guns but I would offer them a course in ethics and manners. WATCH OUT!!!
Va

complaints board.com

Posted on YahooLocal

Ronbo
3/12/08

Horrible inattentive staff. Went in (Sorry, I am not a regular) but wanted to purchase an H & K USP Tactical .45 and could not get a straight answer for a price, delivery or even then were unsure if they would even sell the one they had in stock much less given a price beyond "around 900..." I left and will take my $$$$$ elsewhere. Maybe if I was a regular...Sorry with answers like that I'll stay a stranger.

Medguy
3/9/08

Purchased a shotgun from them last year. Staff was helpful but somewhat inpatient, like hurry up and buy don't ask questions. Excellent prices though. Cater to 'regulars'

Gunman
2/08/08
Visited for the first time, found staff to be unhelpful, rude, and condescending. On the plus side, they have a good selection of guns. Their prices are about average. I think I will continue to do business with David's Gunroom, they always seem interested in helping you with your purchases

Shooter
1/25/08

As
  3rd of Apr, 2008
Went to the range with a buddy to shoot our handguns. After we finished and went to the counter to pay, my friend asked the guy behind the counter if he offered law enforcement discounts, at which point the man became very agitated and replied that "no we absolutely don't - I wish you'd told me you were law enforcement before you started shooting, I would have charged you more." When I told the guy that I wasn't a law enforcement officer, the man behind the counter relented somewhat and said he'd charge us the normal rate.

He spoke in a very rude and condescending tone the whole time and acted as if he couldn't be bothered to answer questions. I thought he might have been having a bad day, but after reading these other comments, I realize my experience is all too common, unfortunately.
Ra
  23rd of Apr, 2008
This guy, Mr Washington from Super Clean Carpet Care is upset because i gave him a bad rating on his business and now he is making up stuff about us! He has never been in Bullseye! He quoted us a rate for carpet cleaning, then doubled the price and then tried to charge us $50 for a trip charge (that didnt float with Master Card!). Now he is trying to trash Bullseye. Avoid Super Clean Carpet Care in Suwanee, GA!!!
Gr
  5th of Jun, 2008
Bullseye has always been extremely rude. It's as if they do not like the business they're in. I believe if they really would at least adjust the attitudes a bit they would get a lot more customers as well. Also I know of many law enforcement officers in the area that say the same thing. What if they were to go to one of the departments and get treated like ### they would probably have the news crew involved! Guys (Bullseye) relax its just a job not the end of the world, not evryone is a genius like you guys, so if you dont like it just quit move to the mountains and die alone somewhere!
Jo
  21st of Aug, 2008
I like these guys..all gun stores are like music/motorcycle shops...be prepared to deal with a little hazzing...squids unite on the internet and talk smack...welcome to the real world where some folks have bad days and alos don't like cops...they give expensive tickets you know.
Be
  15th of Nov, 2008
I was searching around on the internet about places to purchase a new gun and I was told that David's Gun Room is a good place to purchase a gun. Thanks for all of these reviews. I will check out David's Gun Room.
Jo
  18th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am a former Bullseye Regular. I formerly rented and shot SMGs every Friday night as my weekly stress relief, and I have purchased more than a few firearms from Bullseye. And I learned to ignore the pompous pseudo-experts who run the shop. I even overlooked them cheating me 7 rounds out of every box of 50 of their reloads that you're required to shoot through their SMGs.

However I did not decide to cease doing business with them until I had Jeremy install a YHM quad-rail on my AR. All was installed correctly, however when I picked up the gun and took it home, the original handguards, delta ring, and the other associated parts were not with the gun. I called and asked where they were, and he said that the gun was not dropped off with the parts. I stated that the fees I paid were to remove the old and install the new and to go find the parts he knew were sitting back there on his bench. He again said that he didn't have them, but he'd be happy to sell me an extra parts set he just happened to have in his display case that just happened to be from my gun's manufacturer. All the money I've spent in that shop and they blatantly steal my parts - what a good "Christian witness" - how about you write a song about it for your little "Christian" band, Jeremy. You can call it, "Do as I say, not as I do" or "I, Hypocrite."

Don't shop at Bullseye. Customer loyalty will only get you screwed. Apparently all the more if you happen to hold traditional American Judeo-Christian values.
Jt
  3rd of Feb, 2009
I will just looking for a new gun shop in the area to do business with and am glad I read the comments listed here. I will not be going to Bullseye.
Ch
  18th of Feb, 2009
I agree that the folks at Bullseye are not friendly or helpful. I like the prices and selection. I just spent over $600 and I felt like they were doing ME a favor by waiting on me. The staff at David's in Norcross and Franklin's in Athens are much better. I was "just looking" recently at Franklin's and ended up talking guns with the young clerk for almost 30 minutes and really enjoying my visit. There are so many good gun stores in Georgia and with the sucky economy the retailers need to realize how important a customer is. I'll let Kharma take care of rude salesclerks with large pistols and small sexual organs.
  22nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have bought 4 guns from Bullseye and go to the indoor range quite a bit.First I'll start off with the store.The only reason I have bought from them is prices and convenience from home.Their customer service absolutely SUCKS ###.RESEARCH what you want before you even enter the store because most likely if you even get help the answer will be "I don"t know" from the younger guys and a completely different tone from the older guys which is I am a gun expert and every question is a stupid question, know your stuff because you are not worthy of talking to me.My next purchase will probably be from David's gun room in Norcross.They are Extremely friendly no matter how busy they are and WILL spend the time with you on a purchase or just trying to decide on what to buy if your not sure.To me, that's what it's all about.Anyway, my last purchase there was a brand new Kimber Pro TLE/RL II at a sweet price.I asked the young guy if he could throw in a box of .45 practice ammo and he said "No, I can't do that all I can do is give you some range time".Okay, not bad but when you have a customer drop $1, 000 cash a box of ammo costs you what uhhh..nothing? He said "You bought the cheap Kimber huh" I laughed and said yeah thinking he was kidding but he wasn't.A cheap Kimber?I'll bet Kimber would like to know that one of their dealers thinks that their firearms of any price range is cheaply made.Know what you want if you must go there, ask to see it (if you can get somebody to help you) don't ask them ###, and buy it.And when you do, make sure everything that is supposed to be included with the gun is there.For instance, if you buy a Springfield 1911 loaded model it should come with 2 mags, mag holster and a holster for the gun, and a bore brush.Know these things before you buy there.Their prices are very good but the attitudes there suck ### and they can be a bit shady.Be careful, if your a newbie to guns you will probably leave discouraged without purchasing, so go elsewhere trust me.Now the range - It's crappy.There's always 50 million people there, and there is no one overseeing what's going on in there like stupid kids blasting down range, holding their pistols like gangbangers makes for a dangerous situation.The last trip there was unreal.On the rifle range there are 4 lanes and a VERY small area behind you, not enough room for anything but a chair.These thugs came in next to me with what appeared to be a family reunion.2 people shooting and 4 or 5 standing around not even shooting.They didn't even set up a target and started blasting away hitting the ceiling beams, floor, the wall, backstop and even nailing the cheesy target hangers they give you in the showroom knocking them to the floor.I wanted to say something but feared they might turn a gun on me.Pull your damn pants up, take off that stupid sideways hat and act like you have some sense or get the hell out.Then next to us there were 5 people crammed into one lane taking turns to shoot.I was just waiting for a round or 3 to come through the 3/4" plywood partition.you have to wade through the mountain of shells on the ground around you which makes for danger of slippage and accidental discharge.The best and last part is the sign on the wall outside of the shooting rooms where they have a massive amount of 5 gallon buckets filled with empty brass that reads "DO NOT take any brass from the buckets, VIOLATERS WILL BE PROSECUTED".Threaten the customer, that's absolutely the best way to do business in their eyes.The thugs that come in there take it, I've seen them do it.Someone is going to get hurt in there it's just a matter of time because there is ZERO supervision.I will not take my wife there to shoot because you can't concentrate and Bullseye rents lanes to gangbangers that are there to hone their car jacking or home invasion skills.Oh yeah I almost forgot, don't trip on the missing sqaures on the linoleum flooring on the range and don't forget to turn in the bent up "target hangers" that they handmade from wire and paperclips when you are done.the gangbangers need those to shoot at.The range to me is just downright dangerous.Not saying a firing range is supposed to look pretty but c'mon make it safe, have someone down there keeping an eye on what's going on and have some pride in your store.Wouldn't you want your customers to enter feeling safe without worry of busting their ### on crap laying around, dangerous flooring or mostly irresponsible thugs that have no business with a gun.
Aa
  19th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Was in bullseye this past weekend to let my wife get familiar with a few of our home protection guns. These posts are absolutely right. What a bunch of ###s. My wife even asked if they are always like this and I told her I hadn't been in before and wouldn't again. If I wanted to get talked down to I would go back to Georgia Outdoor Sports in Danielsville. If you really want to be belittled or talked down to, go see the fat dude that works there. World class ###.
Al
  29th of Mar, 2009
Alan, I have lived in the Atlanta area since 1978 . Everything you hear in the blog is true . I have only purchased two guns from them over the years. That might not seem like a lot but I have over 100 guns in my collection. And yes, they could have sold me many more. Randy and his staff need to understand that the people are his business, and they need to treat them as such. I go there only for magazines and paper targets. Maybe Randy was born with a silver spoon up his ###, or he was beat up a lot in school, which might explain the way he acts towards customers. There are twenty other gun shops in the Atlanta area, I suggest you call around and get pricing. The best customer service I have found is Clyde Armory in Athens or David's Gun Room in Norcross. "Remember we are just cat turds on the highway of sucess"
Da
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Some of the guys at bullseye are ### holes but they know what they are doing and know what they are talking about. They offer a service that is trying to be taken away by our soon to be communistic government. I appreciate what these guys are doing for us.
Jb
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been there quite a few times to rent and shoot a gun and look around, yeah, they dont seem like the happiest of people.
Ta
  6th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I went in there once just passing by, I asked a few questions, they didnt have the correct answers so they tried to ### me. They were rude and condescending. I told the older gentleman, that he didnt know anything worthwhile about firearms or self defense, he was bent on selling me a laser and light combo rig that I didnt want and was being pushy and irritable because I didnt want it. I will never again visit that wretched ### hole.
Jb
  6th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yea they loose their patience with people that do not really know anything about guns. But any shopping purchase is going to be a better experience if you do some research before you buy. Since most gun shops are all sales are final you need to do some research. LOL! The old guy he is worthless he does not know his ### from a hole in the ground! Do not go to a gun shop looking to get educated about guns it is not really the place for it anyway you do not go to the DMV to learn how to drive. Contact the NRA take a safty class first this is were you need to get your beginner information. My experience with them has been ok but i do my research and know what i want to buy i do not need their stupid opinion. Any ammo you buy check it their maybe some rounds missing from the box they try to pull that one but never get me. I check it before i pay for it. I buy guns there because of the price the prices are very good. I do not go to Davids gunroom any more i was trying to pay for a Ruger SP101 and the guy their was just a extreme smart ###. We ended up screaming at each other. Worst buying experience i have ever had buying anything. I was a customer their for 15 years bought like over 20 guns told David personally i will never be back. Davids Gun room charges more also.
Do
  19th of May, 2009
I coulden't agree more... "staff to be unhelpful, rude, and condescending". They will *NOT* try to "make it right" when they sell a gun that does not work. I've witnessed, on at least 2 occasions, people trying to return defective guns. BOTH times the blame was placed on the person and they would not exchange/take it back (even though one of the guys was trying the NEW gun out that SAME day that he bought it). I did see them give a free box of shotgun shells (cheap birdshot) to this one father/son who came in with a brand new double barrel that would simply NOT eject shells (they had to use a knife to get the empty hulls out)...the father/son were NOT happy and I don't see them ever going back to the store again.

SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE and GO TO ANOTHER SHOP THAT ACTUALLY WANTS YOUR BUSINESS.
Gu
  21st of May, 2009
I have purchased two firearms from bullseye and I agree totally with all of the complaints on here!Their is no supervision with the automatic rentals, one of these in the wrong hands could spell a prime spot on the evening news!The staff is rude, the store is a ### hole and they don't know much about guns, or at least act like it so they don't have to help you!
Gu
  21st of May, 2009
just look at pic! says it all!!!
Al
  13th of Jun, 2009
the picture looks like randy and son on a good day!