BullieAngel4me / Not receiving an item that I purchased from Ebay

Ashtabula, OH, United States Review updated:

I bid on a book advertised on the eBay, and subsequently won the bid. I paid for it with my credit card through PayPal, on January 16th. When some time later I have not received the book, I sent a message to the seller, who, to my surprise, replied with the following, "You bid on 0 of my items." I sent a few emails to both eBay and PayPal, to no avail. They just kept suggesting to talk to the seller. That made no sense to me, since the seller already denies my bidding, so what's the point of talking to them? Only after I sent an email to PayPal, saying that if I don't get either a book or my money back, I will complain all over the Internet, and will dispute the payment with my credit card, PayPal advised me of the possibility to dispute with them. Turned out I had only 45 days from the transaction date to do so, and it appeared to me that they were dragging their feet, possibly hoping that 45 days will come and go. I was able to file for a dispute after 20 days. I don't expect miracles from this dispute process. But isn't this ridiculous? You bid on an item, you won your bid, you do not receive the item in question, and then you start a lengthy process, that is, if you are lucky enough to even receive an information about your rights.

The seller's user name is bullieangel4me, they are located in Ashtabula, Ohio; I will never buy anything either from this seller or from eBay.
Va

Comments

La
  4th of May, 2008
when you pay for something on ebay using pay pal, you should receive an email confirming your payment and who your payment was sent to. Always keep it until you receive the item you purchased as proof of purchase.