Bulldogs NYC / Sick Puppy

2277 MacDonald AveBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 347-587-4137

I purchased a male miniature english bulldog puppy from this breeder on August 9th. He was intended to be a stud dog with his 'excellent pedigree'. A month later, he was diagnosed with demodectic mange - a genetic and hereditary disease that makes breeding unethical. Dogs that have demodectic mange will pass on the condition to at least one puppy in each litter. These breeders are knowingly selling sick, immunosuppressed puppies. Beware.

Comments

Brooklyn
New York
Phone: 1-347-587-4137
bulldogsnyc.com

Yesterday I forgot to add that while Steve was out of town the phone was answered by Chris. Go figure? At 2 different times I have tried to get another dog that was owed to me and on the website they said available and when I finally got a hold of someone, they seemed to sold already without updating the website. Considering they assure you they update website everyday. They are trying to get rid of me and it isn't happening!!! I feel very frustrated that everyone employed with this company will do nothing to help clients and reslove problems. These people are a complete joke and con-men!!!
Fo
  3rd of Jul, 2009
I bought an English Bulldog puppy last year from them as well. Now named Bulldogs NYC. Two days after I brought my puppy home he got extremely sick. I brought him to the emergency vet hospital where they told me that he had parvo and and Gerardia. If you are not familiar with Parvo, Parvo can only be transmitted through dog to dog contact or a contaminated kennel. $15, 000 later my beautiful puppy came home and is doing great today. With that said, I've been wanting to do something to get them shut down. When this happened last year I found out that they were shut down several times under a different name, Puppies Elite. They reopened and they were investigated several times because of complaints from other people that also bought puppies with Parvo. I would really like to talk to people about their experiences, maybe together we could get them shut down. I just put another call into the ASPCA to hopefully get them investigated again. I just looked at their website and see that they have a lot of puppies for sale, not to mention that one of their dogs on their website is named Bentley, that is my dog's name. I told Chris, the guy I bought my puppy from last year that I was going to name my new puppy Bentley, he loved the name, thought it was a great name for a bulldog. Now he has listed one of his puppy's as Bentley on the website. It is such a slap in the face. I'm still very upset about what happened to me last year. They do not deserve to make money off of puppies, especially since they sell sick puppies. I don't want anyone else to go through what I went through last year. Steve promised me that he would pay for all my medical bills when I spoke to him on the phone after I found out that my puppy had parvo, then like the coward he is wouldn't return my calls. I spoke to Chris as well, and then ended up having to get a lawyer. I only got 1900 back when I just spent $15, 000. These guys should be in jail, for doing this to people but more importantly doing it to animals. I want them shut down!!!
Mu
  19th of Jul, 2009
I just bought a dog from them and it has parvo and has been in vet ever since i brough her home. Its touch and go. After reading all these complaints about them now iam thinking i will be cheated out of what they owe me as well. Its not just the money at this point . its doing the right thing and treating these animals with respect and care.
I want to do all i can to help shut them down
contact me
luvpets78@yahoo.com
Ja
  9th of Sep, 2009
www.BullDogsNYC.com are CROOKS. I own an advertising agency that has been doing business with Chris, Steve & Victor for over a year. Come to find out that they are are disputing all charges with AMEX saying that they never did business with us. We are in the process of initiating a law suite and collection measures. I don't kow about their puppy mill process but I do know that they are COMPLETELY DISHONEST business men. Please email me to if you would like to talk or discuss how we can bring them to justice. james@strategicmarketing-usa.com
St
  10th of Sep, 2009
We purchased a "mini" English Bulldog from these guys in July (unfortunately did not see these message boards until after). We were fortunate that our puppy is healthy - granted she tested positive for ringworm, roundworm, and had been underfed, but overall she is in good health (so far). We are still worried about what is going to come down the line. They said they would send her papers - two months later we still have no papers for her - despite repeated phone calls to them. We are also questioning the papers we did get claiming when her birthdate was and when she got her first round of shots. We doubt she spent very much time with her mother or any litter mates as she exhibits many signs of this. Overall, we are lucky we don't have the horror stories, but these are certainly not "breeders" of any quality.
Zo
  24th of Sep, 2009
I bought a miniature english bulldog from bulldognyc.com last june. I found them online, found a puppy that I couldn't resist, talked to them on the phone and went in for a visit. I was confused upon arrival because the place where the dogs were being held was very small but they said they were the middleman and worked with breeders outside the city, which being a city made sense. I never got any information on my dog's parents or the papers that were supposed to be sent in the mail. Zoey, my dog, has had minimal problems since we got her and most were not in her first few months. I am concerned that I gave these people $2, 000 to support a puppy mill and am not sure exactly if thats where the animals are coming from but I would like to somehow find out more information on these guys. Please respond to this comment if you feel this way too.
Jo
  25th of Sep, 2009
Wow, I've had their website bookmarked for a while now because I was planning on buying a bulldog from them and they are in Brooklyn New York and I am about 2-3 boroughs away in the Bronx and was planning on visiting the store to see some bulldogs, If this would have been done to me they best believe that I would be at the their store wanting my money back and now that I see these complaints here and see their website got shut down now I wont purchase ANYTHING from them, Thanks for the heads up people I really appreciate it.
Je
  6th of Nov, 2009
they are ###
Ab
  18th of Nov, 2009

Bulldogs NYC - INHUMANE AND HEARTLESS SCAM ARTISTS!
Bulldogs NYC
2277 Mcdonald Ave.
Brooklyn
New York
Phone: 347-587-4137
bulldogsnyc.com

My boyfriend and I had purchased a female bulldog from BulldogsNYC in July of this year. I found the place and the two men we dealt with to be extremely shady. When we went there they brought the puppies out from a basement to us so we couldn't see where they kept them. I told them I wanted to see where they kept the puppies before I purchased one. They agreed and let me go downstairs into a basement where they kept the puppies. To my surprise there were only about 4 puppies downstairs, in clean quarters with adequate space.

HOWEVER -

We still have not received her papers as we were promised to receive them months ago. I called 2 months after we got her and told them we still have not received the papers and they told me we eventually would, now almost 4 months later we still have no papers for her. I'm not even sure that she was born on the date they told us she was.

She has already had one surgery for her Cherry Eye (canine nictitans gland prolapse) and now needs to go back again for an additional surgery which should end up costing us approximately $1500-$2000 in total.

I have read about all of the other HORROR stories from others who have purchased a bulldog from BulldogsNYC and they are HEART BREAKING! Some have even resulted in DEATH only a week or so after they purchased their pup. I know one person reported spending $15, 000 on all of their surgeries.

I am extremely interested in pursuing these guys legally in the interest of the animals. To think that there are many animals who have suffered and many more who will suffer if these ruthless people are not caught, is sickening.