Building Products Of Canada Corp / 20 Year shingle Warranty - a joke

1 Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 519-747-3110

I Brought a new house 10 years ago and Building Products Of Canada Corp supplied the shingles with a 20 yrear warranty.
Well 10 of my warranty have gone and if you go down my street every house has bad shingles some worse than others.
Any way I and another neighbour put in a claim got a cliam # took pictures ourselves and send them in, BP said they would only
cover around $766. that has to be less than a third of the cost of new shingles for my roof, such much for 20 year warranty.
The same for my nieghbour. No-one came to look they probably just looked at the pictures and went by them. We only took pictures of a few areas. I wish some one would help out us homes buyers for once we pay a lot of money for new houses and get cowboys doing the work most of the time.
Attached are a few photos
my email is [protected]@hotmail.com not that you can probably help me but just let others out there no they are not alone.
Thanks Jenny Burness

Building Products Of Canada Corp

Comments

• Be
      11th of Dec, 2010

We ourselfves have had a 10 year failure on 20 year shingles. In fact, our roofer stated everyone who purchased BPoC shingles have had failures as it IS a material defect. However, BPoC is NOT honoring their warrenties, and if they do it will take months to even a year to get the most minimal of compensation.

Though a product issue, the crux of the matter is that it is more a BPoC company issue backing their products. The best advice I can give would be for any to not purchase BPoC products, refuse to allow roofers to use them, and pressure your local vendors and suppliers to cease doing business with them.

The shingles are simply a symptom of the disease...Bad Business.
    I will be posting this and more as many places as I can find.

B.E. Fleenor, Lakeland Michigan

• Be
      11th of Dec, 2010

see above text...re-upload of photos

BEF

• Pg
      12th of Sep, 2011

My shingles are only 1o years old and need replacing. I have been trying to locate my builder but I fear he is no longer in business. I got a claims forms from the internet but it is asking for information I don not have. There is no Item on the contract form from the builder that covers shingles. The other homes in this area by the same builder are having the same problem. I don't know where to go from here. [protected]@yahoo.ca