Bud's Gunshop / Terrible Service

1 Lexington, United States Review updated:
Phone: (859) 368-0371

I was one of their "VIP" customers. Placed an order for Ruger Mark III on 3-18-12 using the "E-Check" method. I used E-Check to avoid the 3% surcharge placed on the order for using a credit card (check with MasterCard - this is a prohibited practice for MC vendors!). They verified the debit to my acct. on 3-19-12. The debit showed up on 3-20-12. Info on their website says this EFT takes "6 business days" to be credited to their account (my bank said 3 days was more than adequate for this type of transaction).

After 8 business days I e-mailed their special "VIP" Customer Service (CS) site to inquire as to the disposition of my order. My question was never answered. Received instead an automated response parroting the same blather about having to wait 6 business days for my E-check to be "deposited" in their bank, and then another 6-7 days for "processing". As they list no phone number to call for assistance (sure great being a "VIP" customer!) I went to the Internet and found the number thru a 3rd party. After wading through their phone menu options (each one encouraging you to use the e-mail CS function) I finally got a real person. I explained my situation (I was now at the 9th business day). The CS rep looked up my order and actually stated, "your gun has been sold - there is nothing else available'. He then stated his supervisor was "too busy" to talk to me. He then offered to refund my money and my VIP membership cost. Later I received several e-mails (all their e-mails are "No Reply) indicating I may not be getting my VIP membership fee refunded (although in my Bud's account they already had it cancelled as of the day I had signed up for it (1-14-12).

Bottom Line:
1. The CS rep I talked to was a nice kid who was new enough on the job to actually tell me the truth. The presumptive reason my gun was sold to someone else was that someone else purchased it with a credit card - a transaction that is processed by Bud's immediately. The Mark III's (stainless steel, 6.88" barrel) are hot selling items that move fast off the shelf, especially when they are reasonably priced).
2. I (later that day, 3-30-12) received a pathetic e-mail "apolgizing" for the inventory "mix-up", and offering me a $15.00 coupon "on my next purchase" (yea, right)

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Bud's is well known for doing this. You are better off getting your money back and buying from a local shop.

• Ck
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Bud's Gunshop - Extreme Delay and No Information
    Bud's Gunshop
    Lexington
    Kentucky
    budsgunshop.com

I am writing this review 153 days after making my purchase of an M1A Scout with Mossy Oak stock from Bud's Gunshop. I am still waiting for the rifle to ship. I have not been given any information from Bud's Gunshop regarding time frame for my rifle to ship. I contacted Bud's Gunshop customer service around day 90, they told me I could cancel for my full refund since it had been 90 days. I asked them to be as vague as to let me know if I would see my rifle within the next six months or not. They could even have said, "Hey you are number 100 on the list and number 43 just get their rifle last week." That would be all I need to know at some point I can expect to see my rifle in this lifetime. I just want my rifle, I want to know why it has been 153 days since i ordered my rifle. I understand that they are having a high volume of purchases due to current events. I still paid $1600 up front for an item and have been sitting with nothing for 153 days. I do not recommend making a purchase from Bud's Gunshop unless you too want to wait at least 153 days for your product when paying in advance. I will never purchase from Bud's Gunshop again. I have posted this review on several sites now I hope it helps you make an educated choice on where to make your next firearm purchase and hopefully help Bud's Gunshop fix an obvious service issue.