Budget Truck / bad service

1 United States

I rented a sixteen foot moving truck from your franchise in Southfield MI. I reserved the vehicle in November and picked it up on December 28th to move the remaining household goods from Michigan to Atlanta. My son and I departed at 5:30am Monday morning in a truck that was so loud in the cabin we could not speak to each other and had an oil gauge registering 80 from the beginning.

At 2pm that same day the truck began swerving on I-75 in Tennessee approximately 35 miles north of Knoxville. I thought we had blown a tire and my son began to panic as we slowed down on the freeway and pulled to the side. When we got out, smoke was coming out of the engine department and the front passenger wheel was sitting at a 45 degree angle. We were fortunate we did not have a tragic accident. The truck SHOULD NOT have been released for a rental of that distance if at all. This represents an act of total negligence on behalf of your company.

What ensued was many hours of constant lies, on-hold times and disrespect. We waited on the side of I-75 for 4 hours for a tow to arrive. The garage said there was no way to fix the vehicle. Backup trucks were nowhere to be seen. More promises that were lies. I had to drive 30 miles to pick up the replacement at noon the next day. The move crew shows up an hour after we move and leave. NEVER rent a Budget truck, un-safe trucks and zero service.

Do