Budget Rental Carrental car poor service

We made this reservation through Expedia. When we arrived at LAX, it took over 1 hour to be picked up by the Budget Bus after we were standing at the curb pickup spot. There were buses that were going by that were full, so they did not stop. There were others waiting and equally frustrated with the situation.
After arriving at the Budget Car Lot, we had to take a number and wait another 45 to 50 minutes to get waited on. This would have been much longer, except a nice person gave us their number which was significantly lower than our number, so it lessened our wait time.
Our flight arrived at 1:44 and the time stamped on my car rental agreement was 3:25. It should not take this long to rent a car at a major airport.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Bellaire, TX
When I finally arrived at the counter, the employee told me that I was late so my car was no longer available. Of course, I am used to up-selling at the counter, but this lady would not provide me with a substitute automobile. She insisted that I would have to rent a larger car. Since we were visiting relatives in LA, who had plans for that afternoon, I could not wait her out or take time to speak with her supervisor. Instead of paying the quoted $143.45, I ended up paying $237.45.
The worst part of this is that I was late, not because the flight was late but because Budget could not handle the crowds at the airport or at their off site location. This employee was so rude that she should not represent Budget.
I equate this experience to what we have recently seen at Wells Fargo with too much pressure being placed on employees to sell!

Ar
Oct 20, 2016

Comments

• Es
      Oct 21, 2016

"Our flight arrived at 1:44 and the time stamped on my car rental agreement was 3:25."...
    "it took over 1 hour to be picked up by the Budget Bus"...
    "we had to take a number and wait another 45 to 50 minutes to get waited on"...

Something doesn't add up,

If you arrived at 1:44 and you finalised your paperwork for the car rental at 3:25. That is a total time of 1h40m.

So in 1h40m, your flight arrived, you got your luggage, walked out of the air port, got picked up by bus, got driven to the car park, waited in line, got a teller and did the paperwork for a car. All in 1h40mins? That actually sounds not that bad.

Jun 14, 2017

Make a complaint through Corporate HQ, like I plan on doing for my reservation that was just canceled, the night before pick-up, by Customer Service Reps who can't communicate adequately in English.

Jun 14, 2017

@Kell Arellano Also post complaints on multiple consumer complaint boards, such as pissedconsumer.com .

Jun 14, 2017

Budget Complaint Escalation Form http://avisbudgetgroup.com/contact-us/customer-service/budget-complaint-escalation/