Budget/ car rental / insurance fraud
The budget sales rep asked me while renting the car if I wanted insurance. I said I was declining insurance. The sales lady said, "If you are declining insurance, initial here in the highlighted area". The area she highlighted was to accept the insurance. I initialed in the highlighted area and was charged $15/day insurance when I returned the car.
The sales lady and the manager at the rental location said that I should have read the highlighted area. But what really blew me away was when the manager said that regardless of if you are declining or accepting insurance, the sales agents are instructed to only highlight the 'accept insurance' lines. It is up to you to not sign the highlighted area if you are declining insurance.
This seems like a 'standard operating procedure' for Budget rent-a-car. Has anyone else fallen for this scam or am I the only one?
More Budget/ car rental Complaints & Reviews
- Budget Car Rental - hidden charges 
- Budget Truck Rental - horrible customer service! 
- Budget Rent A Car - fraudulent charge on credit card 
- Budget Rental Car - hidden charges for rsn and xmr 
- Budget Car Hire - appalling service 
- Budget Rent A Car - rental process confirmation #44459493us1
- Budget Rent A Car - fattura e addebito automatico car rental malta airport
- Budget Rent A Car - misrepresentation
- Budget Car Rental - car availability
- Budget Truck Rental - incompetence-confirmed rental. no truck available