Budget Auto Milan (Malpensa) Airport / Fraudulent rental car repair charge

1 Italy Review updated:

My wife rented a defective car from Budget Auto at the Milan (Malpensa) airport. The car broke down on the Auobahn and she was later charged $1500 to repair the defective auto. Since this is an international airport car rental they knew she was leaving Italy and would have a difficult time to prosecute them.

Comments

• Hi
      18th of Dec, 2011

DO NOT TRUST BUDGET, I hire almost each month cars from malpensa airport in Milan or from Bologna airport, since two years I never had problems working with europe car or Hertz last month I reserved my car through budget and it was a disaster, we arrived to the airport and the guy in budget charged my GOLD credit card with 1200 euro as a guarantee (note that we already paid 450 euro which is fully the car hiring amount when reserving including also the full insurance) they debit the money fully and after that refused to give us the car saying that THEY DO NOT FIND MY ADDRESS IN GOOGLE MAPPS) I could not believe this but they just told us to piss off because of that, CRAZYYYYYYYYYY we couldn't find anothor car unless paying the almost double that amount to rent it from HERTZ. Until today and after 1 month we have no news about our money...