Buckle Reatil Store / Racial Profiling

1 4403 Black Hourse Pike, Mays Landing, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 609-813-2326

Yesterday I was shopping for Chrisman’s gift in a large chain store (BUCKLE RETAIL STORE) after getting several items I placed does items in the counter and continued shopping. After a couple of minutes two police officers entered the store and went into the rear of the store, I was thinking they must have a shoplifter in the rear and paid them no mine and continued to shop. Seconds later they approached me and began to question me, off course I was chocked of the reason why. Well long story short after they left and took my information and the embarrassment of getting surrounded like I was a criminal or stealing. I asked the store why the police was call and the Assistant Manager explain to me that because I had over 500 in merchandise I was probably or likely or possibly going to rob the store. ??? Excuses me. I really was so upset and mad that I could do nothing but smile. Needles to say I didn’t purchased the items and left the store extremely upset. After getting home I called the Corporate Office to voice my compliant and they would not even return my call and all they said was “thank you for you feedback” WOW that all I have to said about that, in other words they do not condemn racial profiling in the stores. Well if that’s not racial profiling then I don’t know what it is. I’m not African American but my skin color is of dark completion and I guess that automatically makes me a criminal. Buckle shame on you.

Nj

Comments

• Sm
      10th of Dec, 2010

when you are the best at your job and the customers try to use you to get what they want...all you can do is just do your job and let them look foolish.