Bubbles Salon / Never again!

1 2020 K StreetWashington, United States Review updated:

My husband was in Bubbles Salon on K Street, NW, last week for a haircut with a woman named Tonya. She gave him the worst haircut I've ever seen in my life. His hair was patchy, his sideburns were uneven and patchy. The whole thing looked like it had been done by a blind monkey. Unbelievably, he wasn't even offered a mirror at the end-he was just hustled out of his chair and pushed out for the evening. When he came home and I saw the disaster, I immediately called the salon and asked for a refund, at which point someone there told me, "No problem-have your husband swing by tomorrow and we'll take care of it." The woman also told me that the manager would give him a call the following day. Sure enough the manager called...to let him know that their policy was "no refunds." Incensed, I called the corporate headquarters, Ratner Company (?), where I was led into a maze of answering machines, where I had to leave a message because I couldn't get hold of a live human being. Apparently this company owns numerous "salons": Hair Cuttery, Bubbles and Salon Cielo. (I will never give business to any of these places again. What a mass market disaster.) A few days later my phone call was returned by a rude district manager who told me that my husband would have to return to the salon, jump through a million hoops with the salon manager and even then, couldn't answer me as to whether there would actually be a -refund- at the end of the day. For $30-odd bucks, this isn't worth it. But heed my advice: if care at all what your hair looks like, DO NOT GO to this salon. It has locations all over DC and Virginia.

Va

Comments

• To
      25th of Aug, 2009

My complaint isn't with their styling, but their attitudes. I recently scheduled an appointment to get a perm and upon arriving at the salon the stylist's first words were "Are you serious?!" The remainder of the conversation consisted of her swaying me from going with this particular style but in a manner where I wad being talked down to. I understand it's a stylist's job to help make a good decision for the client but just because you know more than me doesn't mean you should treat me like a child. This is not the first time this has happened to me with this particular salon.