BT.com / Telephone calls from unknown people

This seems to be the only way of getting a response maybe not even then.

We are receiving telephone calls via our BT line from unknown people. Mainly 0800 numbers. Yes we know the story about unsolicited calls but we want them stopped. Yes have tried to telephone BT so unsympathetic and no do not want to pay for the privilege thank you. Perhaps you would be so kind as to reply to this e-mail. Just for your information we are pensioners my husband is ill and waiting to go into hospital. every time the telephone rings and he is alone in the house he finds it very painful to move to get to the telephone. Please help.

Va

Comments

El
  21st of Dec, 2007

bt mobile phones A910 motorola are faulty and do not work properly.
they overheat and stop working. replacements also faulty, please send new model phones, not this model.

El
  14th of Jan, 2008

I HAD WORKMEN WORKING OUTSIDE MY HOUSE MONTHS AGO THEY CUT THROUGH MY BT LINE . I WAS TOLD BY BT IF IT WASNT MY FAULT I WOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS I WAS HORRIFIRD WHEN I RECEIVED A BILL FOR £638.60 MUCH HIGHER THAN MY USUAL BILL HOWEVER £359.88 WAS A ONE OFF CHARGE FOR FIXING THE FAULT. THE FIRST TIME I CONTACTED BT I WAS TOLD TO CANCELL MY DIRECT DEBIT AND NOT TO PAY THIS BILL UNTIL THE MATTER IS RESOLVED. MY PAYMENTWAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT ON THE 29TH OCT THIS SHOULD TELL YOU HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SORT THIS MESS OUT I HAVE LOST COUNT OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE I HAVE SPOKEN ABOUT THIS MATTER EVERY TIME SPEAK TO SOMEONE THEY ARE RAISING THE ISSUE AGAIN. I DONT HAVE ALL DAY TO SIT ABOUT WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ANSWER THE PHONE. ON FRIDAY 10TH JAN I WAS PUT ONTO INCOMING CALLS ONLY WHEN I MANAGED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE I WAS TOLD SOMEONE WOULD CALL ME BACK AGAIN WITHIN 24 HOURS ITS NOW MON 14TH AND IM STILL WAITING. THE COMPANY WHO CAUSED THE FAULT HAVE ASSURED ME THEY HAVE PAYED THIS BILL AS BT BILLED THEM FOR £1500.00 AS THEY CUT THROUGH FIVE DIFFERENT PEOPLES LINES. I HAVE PAID MY HALF OF THIS BILL AND BETTER NOT BE GETTING ANY MORE CHARGES ADDED ON. MY NEXT EMAIL IS TO OFCOM.