Bss Web Grant Access/grants.com / Additional charge of $56.73

1 ME, United States Review updated:

On August 19, 2010 I was charged an additional amount of $56.37, I was under the impression the charge was to be $2.97. I was charged $57.61 and then $1.73 for "International Transaction Fee."
This is bull crap. The website is www.grants.com. They e-mailed me a user name and password to www.fed-pack.com/kit/categories/117.
I called the number on my bank statement [protected] on September 25, 2010. The woman I spoke to said the fee of 2.97 was for a 24-hr. trial period and if not cancelled I would be billed $57.61, No where did it say that on the website or in my e-mail!!! And then she said she only had authority to give a $40.00 refund. So they made $16.37 off me. I took the refund and cancelled my "subscription."
Maybe this is how they raise money for the "free" grants. Beware people.

Comments

• Je
      28th of Sep, 2010

how did you cancel your subscription?

29th of Sep, 2010

When I called to complain I told them I wanted to cancel it. She did and gave me a confirmation number.

29th of Sep, 2010

I got the same thing!!! but they wont give me back my money and charged me twice in one month!!!
    It's bull ### that they charge without asking. Instead they should cancel your account or freeze it till you pay the monthly fee.
    So I am out over $100!!!

2nd of Oct, 2010

I would keep calling until you get your money back, $40 of it anyway.

5th of Oct, 2010

I got screwed again!!! My original complaint above was on Sept. 25 for charges on my August bank statement. However, in reviewing my bank statement for September I was charged $57.61 and $1.73
    AGAIN on September 20th, before had I called to complain about the August charge.
    So I called the 866 number again, and told them I wanted my money back. I did receive the $40.00 refund they promised but she said it was for the September charge! So I told her I wanted the refund for the August charge. Damn. She gave me the refund confirmation number and stated my account was definitely closed so HOPEFULLY that will be the end of this mess and having to deal with these rip-off artists!

• Co
      6th of Oct, 2010

These ###s! I paid the initial $2.97 for the trial. I then got billed for $41.95 a few days later. I called and cancelled my subscription and only got a $35.00 refund. Naturally I was pissed. I look at my bank statement and see that I was charged another $3.02 along with another withdrawl from BSS Grant Assistance of $42.78. I call them back and the stupid ### tells me to call my bank and comfirm everything. I did, and I was correct. She said I was wrong and that they weren't going to refund me. Needless to say, I'm ###ing livid! These ### STOLE my money. Any suggestions on what I could do...other than turn them in for fraud??

• Ee
      7th of Oct, 2010

Heyyy ppl same thing happened to me do you think they will refund my money back?? They have charged me 64$ which is really not fair i thought i would be charged only 1.95$. This is really pissing me off!!!

• Ml
      10th of Oct, 2010

i had the same situation. i paid for the trial and in one month they also charged me two charges of 31.97. i called screaming at them right off the bat and got refunded for 50.00. they call this business!!

• Vi
      17th of Oct, 2010

I WAS A VICTIM TOO. A COMPLETE SCAM. I RECEIVED A $40.00 REFUND, SO I'M STILL OUT $17.61 + THE $2.97. I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T TRY THIS NEXT MONTH. I HAVE AN EMAIL THAT SAYS I WILL NOT BE CHARGED AGAIN. WE'LL SEE. I THINK I WILL TRY AND ASK MY BANK NOT TO HONOR ANY OTHER CHARGES THAT MIGHT COME THROUGH FROM THEM. I THINK THESE PEOPLE ARE IN INDIA.

• Wp
      26th of Nov, 2010

On 9/5/10

Yea this companies owners should be in jail - I got scammed too!

First I agreed to the $2.97 charge on my account then a day later I was charged $57.61! I was livid! I called them and they told me I agreed to this BS and the charge info is on there site...Well I looked at it and is there but hidden - I called them several times and also chatted via web and demanded my money back - they told me the best they could do was $40.00 dollar refund. I was so upset I said f____ it I'll take it.

So on 9/7/10 I got $40.00 back.

Well today 11/25/10 I noticed a pending traction from them (BSS*WEBGRANTACC) for $1.00

So I called them a said what the hell is going on - they said your membership was cancelled and you were refunded.

They said there should be no more charges on your account and talk to your bank and hung up on me...

So if you got screwed by these guys once watch out they may try to screw you some more.

• Fe
      17th of May, 2012

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM THE GRANTS THEY OFFER ARE NOT THERE THEY JUST WANT YOUR BILLING INFO SO THEY CAN STEAL FROM YOU. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. THIS ORGANIZATION ARE THIEVES AND LIARS PREYING ON VULNERABLE PEOPLE, THERE IS NO DEBT REDUCTION GRANT AT ALL ANYWHERE, THE CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS ARE FALSE AND DESIGNED TO MISSLEAD YOU.

• Xo
      6th of Sep, 2012

I did the 2.97 as well and was just charged $47.19. I'm isck of being scammed and im going to call these ###s and get my money back!