Bsnl Ev - Do / FOUND POOR SPEED AND CONNECTIVITY

1 India Review updated:

MY NAME IS KIRTI VARDHAN AND I HAVE APPLIED FOR BSNL EV-DO BROADBAND CONNECTION.I GOT THE FACILITY BUT WHEN I USED IT I FOUND THERE IS POOR CONNECTIVITY AND SPEED.EVEN DID'NT GET SINGLE TIME THE SPEED FOR WHICH BSNL CLAIMED FOR.WHEN CALLED CUSTOMER CARE, NOBODY HAVE PROPER INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCT AND THEY GIVE ANSWER TO ME THIS IS USUAL PROBLEM.I M VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH BSNL .

Comments

• Ar
      20th of Jul, 2008

Could you please use lower case letters in your posts. Using upper case (CAPS) doesn't help in any sort of way to solve your problem, and it is also rude and shouting in terms of netiquette rules. Thanks!

• Ku
      31st of Jul, 2008

i have bougt bsnl evdo from ranchi bsnl office on30/07/08.i am registerd for 2.4 mbps plans that means broadband. officer told me there is network on your area(hec colony, dhurwa, ranchi). when i used it, EVDO shows 1X speed maximum 165kbps.when i calculate the average is 8-10 kbps. i think that mobile internet is much faster than evdo.then whats the broadband means.whats the problem please tell me.

• Ni
      23rd of Aug, 2008

I myselfw ant to take EVDO connection but am suspicious about the speed after going through all the reviews..Please tell me shall i go for EVDO or shall I go for regular Modem...I am at Kadru Chowk

• Su
      28th of Nov, 2008

No one in the BSNL official knows proper info about this EV-DO card. So I never recommend anybody to go with this. EVDO is only claiming the maximum speed (2.4mbps) and not the minimum. This way, it can give any speed depending on network conjestion and CDMA network availabily at your area. If you're out of this CDMA netowrking area of EVDO then in work on simple NIC Networking on BSNL i.e. you'll get speed of only 144kbps. Right now BSNL is only providing EVDO CDMA Networking in town areas. Even you wont get the proper networking at the outskirts of the city. I live at Booty more, and I dont get CDMA Signal.

Better go for BSNL Broadband connection DSL MODEM or if you want wireless connectivity for roaming then go for AIRTEL DATACARD. Its price is 3500 and 499 per month for Unlimited Browsing.

Since airtel has taken up the unlimited browsing schemes from mobile phone (GPRS) from this NOVEMBER 23rd 2008 thats why, now you'll get good speed with airtel too. Its runs with EDGE Class 12 and EDGE class E2 Technology and you can download file with a speed of 8-10kbps in general. Maximum is 21kbps what i got. and minimum is 3-4kbps depending to network conjetion. In general you'll get 10kpbs.

For a high speed internet. wait for 1 year. Let EVDO service expand in ranchi and let the official of BSNL known to the service. Then go for it.

After sales customer service is the most important part of internet. So be aware of it. Airtel is having good customer support. My datacard of Airtel gives NO PROBLEM. and My BSNL Broadband, ... uuuuufffffff I need to register a complain at every 15 days. and It recover in 10 days. I surf only 15-20 days a month.

Good luck. Have a nice time.

• Ra
      6th of Oct, 2009

hi this is Raunak Bhadani from kolkata, west bengal.
    i am using a bsnl evdo data card but i am not get the speed that they are claiming for, in fact i have tried speed tests many time and which shows download speed-0.48 mbps and an upload speed-0.07 mbps...
    please give me some really really helpful solutions regarding this ...

• La
      11th of Nov, 2009

MY NAME IS MAZHAR ALAM AND I HAVE APPLIED FOR BSNL EV-DO BROADBAND CONNECTION.I GOT THE FACILITY BUT WHEN I USED IT I FOUND THERE IS POOR CONNECTIVITY AND SPEED.EVEN DID'NT GET SINGLE TIME THE SPEED FOR WHICH BSNL CLAIMED FOR.WHEN CALLED CUSTOMER CARE, NOBODY HAVE PROPER INFORMATION ABOUT...MY EVDO NUMBER IS 6478299010.

• Al
      23rd of Nov, 2009

if there is any way how to escalate the complaints to the higher officials???

17th of Dec, 2009

MY NAME IS JOBI PADMAN.I BOUGHT THIS SO CALLED LETS 3G EVDO FOR RS4200.(EVDO NUMBER:9188705541).3.1MBPS.I WOULD BE HAPPY EVEN IF I COULD GET 30KBPS.999 MONTHLY RENTAL PACK . PLESES NOBODY ELSE FALL INTO THIS TRAP.BSNL: BAD SERVICE NONSTOP LTD

• Ne
      10th of Jul, 2011

i have purchase an EVDO(BSNL MODEM)at the time of purchase they had promised me the EVDO speed of about more than 2MBPS but till date i didniot get the speed which they had promised me...you may thinking that i may hav the problem of the signal to the MODEM but for ur information i stay in the main city (puranapool)hyderabad...my package is unlimited and my EVDO no.is 29093083..i had complaint many times to many people but i didnot get any respond to my complaints.. ANIL KUMAR DWIVEDI AND MY CONTACT NO.9014824666

• Yo
      26th of Dec, 2013

I am using an EVDO device from last 5-6 months
    EVDO No. 968411406
    I was getting 4 bars signal.
    but speed is very slow.
    last month i had complaint about this 2-3 times
    but now also no response yet.
    please solve this problem...
    My address:
    Sant Dnyaneshwar Nagar,
    Purna Road,
    Nanded.
    Maharashtra. 431605

• Su
      28th of May, 2014

Dear Sir,
    Our office no. 02465-227757 Sagroli Tq. Biloli Dist. Nanded. on this no. unlimited plan is activated, Advance bill paid of 2 years and more than 20 connection at our sagroli village but net is very slow, Also same problem is as mobile network also. every time in roaming.
    please solve the problem as early as possible...
    Thanks

• Fa
      11th of Jul, 2014

in previous version bsnl evdo working fine on os x 10.9. today i install new system os x 10.10 ( os x yosemite) ... bsnl evdo prithvi ue100 modem not detacting CDC modem driver. so unable to connect internet.. so any one can solve the problem