BSNL / Terrible customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I am a resident of Flat No 26, HCL towers , Plot No B-9/16 Sector 62 Noida. I had placed a request for Broadband to BSNL company 1.5 months back and till today it is not functioning. Earlier they took 1 month to come and set up the Broad Band connection at my place and now also even it is set it not working because it is not able to verify my Use Name and password. I am tired of calling the BSNL people again and again but every time I call them they say that it will be done tomorrow. Are these the services provided to the customers? It's really disgusting. I am fed up of this now. I feel like taking back my request of Broadband.

Comments

• Ks
      8th of Apr, 2007

I have asked PUK code yesterday, they are keep on telling that it can be done by one hour. but it never ends. They are immediately saying server problem. As a big communications dept doesn't have backup server. Or people are not interested to respond people. Whats going on?

• Sk
      15th of Jun, 2007

I had applied for "TARANG" instrument under Double Dhamaka programme (as BSNL has given a gift to his customers) on dated 15/05/07 and submitted the application at govindpura BSNL office.

I am sorry to state that i had not received the instrument as well as any information from BSNL office end. One side BSNL is publishing there schemes in the news papers and banners and other side not compiling the requirement of customer.

• Sy
      29th of Jun, 2007

I applied for broadband internet connection and submitted the required fees, as per adv. in news papers that it will be provided to you on demand by BSNL but it is going to be a long time now and I didn't get the connection yet.

If BSNL is unable to provide the connection then why it is publishing adv. about it in news papers and why fees has been taken from the consumers. Although I have heard this that BSNL staff is providing connection under the influence only.

Regards

Syed Tariq Ali
    Bareilly(U.P.)
    9837777510(U.P.West)
    9971260167(Delhi)

9th of Jul, 2007

I took a broad band connection, and it was activated from 1st June, but since then my connection is not working, and the operators just keep on passing the complaints. Till today i have not got any appropriate feedback.

• Cu
      15th of Jul, 2007

I paid Rs.3300 to BSNL for the home plan of their 2 MBps Dataone broadband service. But they hardly care about their customer. The link goes down for days due to faulty port, phone line or equipment and they hardly care. They never care to come and check. A private company would fall for a customer paying 3k every month but BSNL hardly cares. They promised 2 Mbps but they reduce it to 1 Mbps because they say my phone line does not support it. When their main cable gets cut or downtime, there is no intimation to the customers who have to find out on their own if it a global or local problem. I must have lost months of time due to this.

• Ta
      23rd of Jul, 2007

I received a message on my Cell phone which has a Hutch Connection 9433400355 message center with the User ID and the password on the 1st of May that the connection has been restored
    I was charged for the Modem for an amount of 1200 but it did not work.

Problem: Fake bill for June 250 + Broadband usage charge May 07-Rs 873.90, another fake bill for July 250 + Broadband usage charge June 07- Rs 3735.00

Lot of complaints have been logged personally at Customer Service Jadhavpur Kolkata Telephones BSNL. Written complaints dated 14th June, 29th June and on 17th July. Ultimately surrendered on 18th of July. Work done by BSNL- 8th June representative came to rectify E678 Error. Said that it had developed another error which was E691 error which the technician said will get rectified from the source. Nothing happened.

Putting this complaint hoping to get my money back for the fake bills without using the internet for a single day and also to let you know that the services have been pathetic.

Address-DISHA, 18/3 Kalikapur, Kolkata-700099
    My Telephone number- 033-24162158
    My cell number- +91 9830993218
    Connection-BSNL broad band Internet Service (DATA ONE)
    Tariff plan - Home 250.

• La
      19th of Sep, 2007

please give me puk code.
    my phone no 9417387549.

plz help me
    my no. is 9420835937
    dist. raigad
    sim no.is 899165622101071387
    hope ull solve my problem

thanking you

• Ne
      5th of Oct, 2007

I have another complaint that uplading is going on without using broadband they r showing recieved and sent MB can u inagine 18 mb downloaded and 17 MB uploade in 20 min its just not the way to serve customers

• Wa
      16th of Dec, 2007

I have asked PUK code 8 days gone, they are keep on telling that it can be done by one hour. but it never ends. They are immediately saying server problem. As a big communications dept doesn't have backup server. Or people are not interested to respond people. Whats going on?

• Pr
      21st of Dec, 2007

• Sr
      27th of Apr, 2008

I am a regular user of ITC card and now i use call now card.I call mainly Australia, the problem is even without the ring going through, and many times with the ring tone going through and without any response the card gets charged.

Sometimes the voice is strong and most of the time its very week.

• Ra
      30th of Sep, 2008

I purchased a callnow card, but whenever i dial a duetch number it says inaccessible. But when i dial directly that number its working fine. BSNL sucks everybody.

• Ra
      30th of Sep, 2008

Please dont buy any BSNL related products, even you could think I'm from someother service provider, but really not.

• Vi
      20th of Jun, 2009

can u tell me about bsnl prepaid up