Bryant, Lafayette, & Associates / Payment arrangements

1 Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-359-0770

I was called and basically threatened to make a payment or my income tax would be taken. I agreed on a $50 payment arrangement and the agent begin to tell me that I should be able to pay $900 dollars by the end of next month because I should have my income tax by then but he had the paper work and was trying to stop from taking it. I told him I would agree to the $50 dollar payment but by law I knew he could not force me to make a $900 payment. He made the arrangements anyway and now they are about to deduct $900 dollars from my account. I tried to call back and the agent was very rude and asking me about my income tax and did I file it yet. He was also telling me that his Supervisor was on the phone with someone who wanted to pay their bills on time. First of all I was trying to make further arrangements to break the $900 down and secondly you are a debt collector and that means that people have not paid their bills already. This is harrasement in its highest form.

Comments

• Ra
      8th of Jul, 2010

I'm having issues with them as well. I thought they were a legitimate company, but upon research I've discovered they're junk debt buyers who try and extort money from people. Miranda has called me several times and left unprofessional, harrassing or otherwise threatening phone messages. They talk in circles and put out a lot of leagal terms, but it's obvious to me that she's just a bully with a legal dictionary.

I sent a debt validation request and promptly got a message from Miranda about how disappointed and appalled she is. Which I find hilarious. She said she really wishes I had tried to resolve this with her before sending that communication to her office. I find this so humorous because prior to sending out the debt validation request I attempted to contact her at least 4 times and left numerous messages. At one point she did answer the phone and told me she'd call me back within ten minutes. NEVER did a get a return phone call. NEVER were my attempts to contact her or the office of Bryant, Lafayette and Associates ever acknowledged. When the payment they are demanding did not go through (because I don't have the money, which I was TRYING to communicate with them prior to this) they began calling me every day.

Every single possible venue I have to tell my experience with these vultures and criminals, I will find it and I will not be threatened or bullied into silence. Get me that validation of the debt, or get me the $1, 000 you owe me under the law, sweetie pie.

1st of Dec, 2010

ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF PAYING YOUR DEBT. YOU GUYS ARE THE EXTORTIONISTS . YOU GET A CREDIT CARD, SPEND THE MONEY AND WHEN ITS TIME TO PAY BACK HIDE BEHIND THE FDCPA. I USED TO BE A DEBT COLLECTOR. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM NOT THEM. AND IF YOU HAD ANY LEGAL RECOURSE YOU WOULDN'T BE COMPLAINING ONLINE. YOU WOULD HAVE SUED THEM. GET A LIFE

• Ra
      20th of Jul, 2011

Mark, for serious. Get over yourself. I am completely willing to pay a debt I owe. I have a responsibility to do so. Part of the reason we complain online (using proper grammar and for God's sake not in all caps. Caps lock is actually not, contrary to Mark Sloan's belief, cruise control for cool) is to help support and educate others in similar situations. I, for one, found this very helpful. Maybe you are the one who needs a life, sir. I am sure you are getting paid a little extra to prowl these sites and talk down to your employer's victims or talk up your company's virtues, but really it just makes you look like a giant ###.