Brooksville Police Dept / Florida Confiscating NY License

1 Brooksville, FL, United States
Phone: 6317546800

On nov 4th i was pulled over for no reason by a brooksville police officer. She gave me a ticket for a small crack in my windsheild (There's no way she saw that from where she was way behind me, she just saw the ny plate and said "cha - ching") . She ran my license and found out it was suspended 2 days before and took it. Confiscated it and now they tell me they cannot give it back to me because driving with a suspended license in florida is a misdemeanor. I spoke to nys dmv and the courts up there regarding the reason my license was suspended, it was for a ticket back in 5 / 2002 for a loud muffler on my dad's 1970 bug that i never even drove!!! The court and nys dmv told me they (Brooksville pd) had no jurisdiction to confiscate the driver's license. I spoke to a sargeant over there (Since they have no captain) and he told me that new york doesn't know what they're talking about. Oh yeah, nys compared to "brokesville florida", who would no better with the law. Omg, and they wonder why i'm getting the h outta here.

Fr