Brookstone / will not allow an exchange

1 Vienna, VA, United States Review updated:

We received a Brookstone's wine opener from a friend of mine as a housewarming gift. She did fail to give us the gift receipt. We have an identical item, so we wanted to exchange it to something else.

The store manager Enrico Farruggio (at Tysons Corner Mall, Virginia) denied it by saying that their corporate policy does not allow any exchanges without the gift receipt. I had to ask him again whether he understood that we wanted an exchange, not a cash refund. He said that that was the corporate policy.
That cannot be true - my sister received the identical item without the gift receipt on the same day by the same person and she was able to exchange it to something else. Is the 'corporate rule' something that the individual store manager could write as he feels like it?

By the way, the store manager Enrico was one of the rudest person we have met. He was a 'jerk', the kind of person that you don't want to talk to even if someone paid you to do so. He also treated us like beggers. At one point, I had to tell him that we are not asking for his cash out of his pocket. It was very demeaning.

I will never ever buy a single product from Brookstone. Why should we have to pay money to be treated like that?

Ka

Comments

• La
      18th of Feb, 2009

Umm...It says right on the receipt AND on a sign at the register that you have to have a receipt. Just because someone broke the rules for your sister doesn't mean he should risk his job for you...

18th of Feb, 2009

(JOKE ING OF CORSE) LOKO AT IT THSI WAY KANG, ,

IF EVER U HALVE TO BOTELS OF WINE'S THAT U NEED3 TOO OPEN THNE U CAN NOW DO IT IN HALVE THE TMIE!1 :0)

THSI IS WHA TI LIKE TOO CALL "" MAKEING LEMON'S OUT OF MELONADE ""

JSUT THOUGT I WOLD BRNIG A SIMILE TO YOU'RE FACE AT A TMIE LIKE THSI WHEN U ARE OVIBOUSLY A LITLE USPET

BLESING'S

Dr M A CARNARVORO

• Ju
      13th of Apr, 2012

Your rude store manager just threw a 3 month old puppy off a balcony because he was mad at his girlfriend.

• Wa
      13th of Apr, 2012

Justice757 is right, he threw a 3 month old puppy out a 2nd story window and threw a 5 year old dog out a car window, sadly it died.