Brookstone / will not allow an exchange
We received a Brookstone's wine opener from a friend of mine as a housewarming gift. She did fail to give us the gift receipt. We have an identical item, so we wanted to exchange it to something else.
The store manager Enrico Farruggio (at Tysons Corner Mall, Virginia) denied it by saying that their corporate policy does not allow any exchanges without the gift receipt. I had to ask him again whether he understood that we wanted an exchange, not a cash refund. He said that that was the corporate policy.
That cannot be true - my sister received the identical item without the gift receipt on the same day by the same person and she was able to exchange it to something else. Is the 'corporate rule' something that the individual store manager could write as he feels like it?
By the way, the store manager Enrico was one of the rudest person we have met. He was a 'jerk', the kind of person that you don't want to talk to even if someone paid you to do so. He also treated us like beggers. At one point, I had to tell him that we are not asking for his cash out of his pocket. It was very demeaning.
I will never ever buy a single product from Brookstone. Why should we have to pay money to be treated like that?
More Brookstone Complaints & Reviews
- Brookstone / Digital Photo Keychain - not compatible with mac! 
- Brookstone - uncooperative customer support 
- Brookstone - massage chair repair 
- Brookstone - dishonorable return policy! 
- Brookstone - crappy return policy 
- Brookstone - employee
- Brookstone - manager customer service
- Brookstone - no concern to consumers whatsoever
- Brookstone - cool it hand held fan
- Brookstone - i'm very disappointed