Brookstone / scam and cheating!

1 NationwideInternet, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-846-3000

My wife mistakenly ordered a $250.00 steam press (I wanted the pants press), so upon realizing her mistake (before it actually arrived at our house), she contacted Brookstone. No problem they said..refuse delivery and ship it back UPS. So we refused delivery and it was sent back to the manufacturer in November. After waiting a few weeks, we still did not have a credit on our AMEX card, so we called Brookstone. No problem they said, we will take care of it. A week goes by, no credit. We call again.

Now the customer service (I use that term loosely) representative says, and I could not believe what I was hearing... "we are too busy now, it will have to wait until after Christmas". Are you kidding me?? Are they too busy to charge my credit card the minute an item ships? I don't think so. I was so upset, I demanded to speak to a manager, so on comes Travis to help out. After explaining my position, he agrees to credit my card. Another week goes by... and nothing. I send 2 emails to their customer service and all I have received back is a "we are investigating" reply.

It has not been over a month and I have had to file a dispute with AMEX. I am quite sure I will eventually receive my refund, but in this day and age where consumers have so many options and Brookstone has what I would consider over-priced merchandise, why would they allow such poor customer service? At this rate, they are sure to discover another American tradition... bankruptcy. And I will be there to pick through the carcasses that were once their stores. Good luck Brookstone, you will need it.

Comments

• Ki
      20th of Jan, 2008

YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY SHOULD & WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY. YOU NEVER HAD THE ITEM IN YOUR HAND,IT WAS REFUSED AT THE DOOR MEANING NO SALE WAS COMPLETED! ALSO YOU WERE NEVER AWARE OF THE NO-RETURN POLICY ALWAY STATE THAT TO YOUR CARD COMPANY. THEY WILL ASK THIS DURING YOUR DISPUTE CONVERSATION. GOOD LUCK!! & THANKS I'LL NEVER BUY AN ITEM FROM THERE AGAIN AS I WAS NOT AWARE OF THERE TACTICS.. THANK YOU.

KIM.

• Lu
      3rd of Jun, 2011

no no no.. if you refused the package, that messed up everything cause you never got the item so the transaction was never completed!
    What you should have done was, get the item, take it to the store and you WILL get your money back! Thats what i did! They CANNOT refund you If they Do not swipe your credit card. Always always do everything in store, makes things a lot easier. This is NOT a SCAM. NO Cheating.