Brookstone / unfair returns policy!
Received a Brookstone Mini Charging Valet for Xmas. The item did not meet my needs so I decided to return it. The nearest Brookstone is about 45 minutes from my home so I made a special trip in order to make the return. I was outside the 30 day return period by a few days but figured they would make the return since I would be receiving store credit, not a refund. I presented the gift receipt and the unopened/unused item to the cashier and asked if I could return the item for store credit, acknowledging that I was outside of the 30 day time frame. Before the cashier could respond, the manager stepped in and told the cashier not to do the return, telling him he would "get in trouble" for processing it. When I attempted to explain my situation (live far away, can't use the item, just want to select another item from your store) I got the typical "policy handed down from corporate" line and was told that I'll "have to give it as a gift to someone else." Instead of making a potential customer happy and maybe gaining sales (I could have selected a more expensive item to use a store credit towards), Brookstone has ensured that I will never set foot inside one of their stores again.
More Brookstone Complaints & Reviews
- Brookstone / Digital Photo Keychain - not compatible with mac! 
- Brookstone - uncooperative customer support 
- Brookstone - massage chair repair 
- Brookstone - dishonorable return policy! 
- Brookstone - crappy return policy 
- Brookstone - employee
- Brookstone - manager customer service
- Brookstone - no concern to consumers whatsoever
- Brookstone - cool it hand held fan
- Brookstone - i'm very disappointed