Brookstone 550 Noise Reduction Headphones / worst company I have ever dealt with!

1 United States

I purchased a $200 set of noise reduction headphones in early November. They broke after literally the 4th time I ever put them on my head. Brookstone refuses to honor the warranty, repair, replace or even repair for a charge without the original cash register receipt. I was able to show them the detailed credit card transaction with the item number, price, time of transaction, location etc but that was not good enough for them. They even when to far as to inform me that if i tried to return the defective product to them that I would forfeit the product and they would not return it to me. Clearly a scam when they state in the own policy that "purchase receipt is required". They don't state that it has to be the actual cash register receipt. By far this is the worst customer service experience I have ever had with any company in my entire life. Needless to say I will never spend another penny with this company and I will spend countless energy making sure that others don't fall prey to their scam.