Brookfield Home Loans / Promised loan then lost $350 and no contact

I was promised a refinance loan with this company, an appraisal was done which cost me out of pocket $350. The appraiser Brookfield picked lo-balled the value of my home by over $20,000. Because of this they refused the loan stating that their lender "pulled their plug" on our type of loan.

When I tried to contact them again by phone and email they would not return either form of communication. Since then I have written and asked them in good faith to return my $350 - still waiting on that!

I don't suggest dealing with these "people"!!!

Comments

Ab
  24th of Sep, 2007

Yeah, they have excessively aggressive sales tactics too. I ended up getting on a list from some online form, and they would call my phone several times a day - as apparent by the number - but only left a message once or twice. The problem was, they were calling during work hours, and it was my cell phone. If they had called a few times, fine, but 3 - 4 times a day some days?

Then tonight, I got this follow up email:

------------
from Patrick Ralston
date Sep 24, 2007 4:41 PM
subject I have tried calling you several times, 66 days now actually... :)

Call me when you have a chance and I can prove to you why we are ranked #1!!! Or at least extend to me the common courtesy of telling me if your inquiry was a mistake or you have given up on saving money.

-------------

Yeah, way to make me want to work with your company by trying to use guilt.

A real bunch of a-holes, if you ask me.

Sa
  19th of Aug, 2009

They sold us a lot, dug us a hole, then called to say they screwed up and were never allowed to release this lot. We are currently going back and forth hoping for some sort of extra compensation other than just getting our money back. thumbs down!!!

Bi
  23rd of Oct, 2013

We did a cash out refinance and due to their predatory loan tactics and "paying off your debts" we lost everything. They wrote checks to pay off old creditors (from our loan money). These checks were written to businesses that no longer existed, had no account numbers or reference numbers or phone numbers on them. They would not reissue the checks to us (it was OUR money) and therefore we had over $10, 000 in checks that were useless. We were told that it was our responsibility to find the creditors and get the checks to them. Brookfield's "credit repair" system is a scam and do not fall for it. Because of them, and only because of them, we were homeless for 6 months and are just now starting to get back on our feet. STAY AWAY!