Bromolite and Acai / unauthorized charges on my account

WA, United States Review updated:
4.8
Signed up for free offer online. Product still has not come for free trial, but charges for next month are already on my credit card for both offers. There is also three additional charges unauthorized charges from them as well.

Comments

Ke
  11th of Nov, 2008
I have the same experience. I just noticed that I have 2nd charge already and I still don't have
my free trial.
Ma
  12th of Nov, 2008
I am having the exact same problem and am getting charges from other companies also.
Ju
  12th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happenned to me. I just received the product yesterday and looked at my account. They had already changed for the whole month. I called and was sooo upset! She said that when it came in the mail to send it back unopened and they would credit my account. We will see if that ever happens. I also have other charges that were unauthorized by me. Be very careful!
De
  13th of Nov, 2008
I am having the same problem I have called my credit card company they have informed me that I must deal with it myself. The phone number is useless no one answers there isn't even the option to leave a message. I guess I should have known better.
Le
  16th of Nov, 2008
cancel your card or report it lost and that will take care of the problem after signing up for bromalite I got an email from fitfactory and they dont take no for an answer, , , , so i canceled my card so these charges will not come through on my account... your creditor should stand on your side it is as simple as that ... once you get new card number you have to contact anyone who debits your account (that you want to continue debiting)with your new number like ez-pass ...phone...etc
Di
  18th of Nov, 2008
BROMOLITE RIPPED ME OFF TOO! never received trial offer and they charged my Visa account an unauthorized charge of $69.99. THIEVES !
Sh
  18th of Nov, 2008
I ended up having to cancel my credit card because I spent a week or more trying to get through their toll free number - no one ever answered my call. Only option to avoid getting charged more and more times...
Bc
  18th of Nov, 2008
I have had the same experience with these products. I have been told by the credit card company to wait two weeks and if I don't get the product or get more billings from the company that VISA will handle the problem. Also the fifteen day cancellation deadline is stupid as it doesn't say anywhere about this in the offer.
Iz
  18th of Nov, 2008
30 minutes after a I signed up they call me and ask if the info were right and that's when I start to freak out so I call Visa to cancel and they had already took the shipping fee. I cancelled my card immediatly..I won't ever do this again !
Ch
  19th of Nov, 2008
Same drill. Live and learn. Hundreds of dollars! I keep sending it back. They keep charging me. Can anyone tell me how to reach the Bromolite folks? I called the others, although so far it hasn't helped me.
Be
  20th of Nov, 2008
same senario. with those free trail websites they are also trying to sell other products. the trick is to make sure you de-select all other products on the page. per the Bromolite rep all other products on the page are preselected. so basicaly when you think your ordering one product you get hit with a large bill and products you dont want. the number for the company is 800-919-2846. yesterday when i called i waited about ten minutes to speak to a rep but when i just called the number back i got through almost immediately. also when you order bromoilte you have to call customer service beofre 15 days of ordering to cancel. per the rep if you read the fine print the free trial is for 15days and not for the thirty day supply. the rep advised that when you call to cancel they cant except any open bottles back so you get to keep the unused portion for free. But if you do not call to cancel you will be charge a fee for the whole bottle at the end of the month for i beleive the rep said either 39.95 or 69.95 and you will also recieved a new bottle every month at the same cost. FYI please read the fine prints before ordering and if you get something that you didn't ask for dont open it because it cant be returned. i was able to get a refund plus i got a cancelation nunmber for my records.
Na
  21st of Nov, 2008
Try calling 1-866-938-4832. I received the fast busy signal the first 10 times I tried it, but it works. The hold time is really long.
Vj
  22nd of Nov, 2008
After ordering AcaiaSlim and cancelling it, I got an email from www.bromolite.com today saying they were processing my request as I had ordered something on this website. I did not ever go to this website and order anything, It's all connected to the AcaiaSlim order. Thanx to Belvia for providing phone # 800-919-2846. I got through right away on a Saturday (11/22/08). Talked to a very rude CSR named Sharon. She cancelled my order, and hung up on me. I called the # back as I wanted to make sure it was cancelled. Spoke with Jacquay CSR agent #327. Very nice lady who said that they'd already billed my Visa for s/h charge of $4.95 but she would take that charge off. Also said I was still getting the Bromolite, but I would not be charged for it, and if the charge did appear on my Visa, then I was to call her back, and she would debit the charge. So we'll see.
De
  24th of Nov, 2008
DEAR GOD READ THE FINE PRINT DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT ITS TRUE IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT IS
I HAD TO WAIT 43 MIN TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON TO GET THIS CANCELED
An
  24th of Nov, 2008
Thank you so much to everyone who has written a post about this and provided the numbers to call. I have a speaker phone so it was not a problem to wait to get through but apparently... if you do not cancel within 15 days it is assumed that you want to keep getting the products(s). She said that the Bromolite and Acai orders are now considered cancelled and that my credit card has not been charged extra. She was very friendly and the first question she had was "did you read the fine print"... and I think I sort of did but the confusion comes in when they send you the fitfactory link. This appears to be a totally other side to the gimmick. I will call them tomorrow to get that cancelled. Wow, last time I'll do something stupid like that. I think someone should write to Oprah. That's how they got me hooked... I seen her name all over the ad! Ok, hope this helps.
Ro
  11th of Dec, 2008
Dear All,

I have contacted the FBI. This company will be under investigation very soon. I had unauthorized deductions from my account. It is a violation of federal law.

Rowdy Boots
Da
  19th of Dec, 2008
I wrote to oprah's show. I actually used my check and cash card to purchase this crap! I cancelled my card but they are still able to debit my account because of the previous authorization. I am going to have to close my account. It is the holidays and they already scammed me for $140.00. Being a single mom that hurts!
Gi
  29th of Dec, 2008
I received everything without a problem. Did not cancel within the time frame. Called the 866-938-4832 number (answered right away) and spoke to Don - he was very slow and did not seem to speak English very well but gave me a cancellation number and said I would not be charged. However, he said this only covered the Acai Berry Supreme and he could not help me with the Bromolite. Now I have to try and find out how to cancel that! I guess after reading all the above comments I will close my debit card account too!
Ca
  31st of Dec, 2008
Bromolite, AciaiSlim is a HUGE scam! Once they have your credit card number they will continue to charge your account with amounts such as $74.15, $84.75, $37.05 and $29.95. As we were making on-line payments I noticed those four charges listed, two of which were back to back and I had no idea why they had appeared there. My original order for trial shipping charges only was placed on 11/30/08.
If this happens to you call your credit card company and tell them this is a disputed charge in which you will be given the Bromolite number to call 866-897-0663 and Aciai number to call 877-317-0189. The other company to watch for is Fit Fac. Neither of these numbers will be of any help to you. You will either get a recording, put on hold FOREVER or be disconnected. Call your credit company back and tell them the charges are frauds. I didn't dispute the original $5.25 charges as I knowingly took that responsibility...hook, line ans sinker!

My credit card company issued me a new account immediately and credited my account for over $200 of "dings" these rip off artists charged us. Thank goodness I have a great credit card company that had my back.
As for me ...buyer beware! There isn't a quick fix...just the treadmill for me.
Pe
  31st of Dec, 2008
Does anyone know how to find the original website where we ordered this free trial for Bromolite? After I received my free trial (actually got two packages) I checked my cc and found a 4.95 charge. OK. I figured it was shipping and handling and that the second one was a mistake. By the way, where was the fine print? Today I received another package. checked my cc and found that I had been charged on 12/6, 12/7, 12/27 and 12/28. Called my cc co. and the first thing asked was--acai berries? Also was told to call the co. On hold for a long time, disconnected, called again and left a message. We'll see . I never opened the second bottle. I gained 5 lbs and a lot of rotten gas. I will try again Friday 1/2 just in case they went home early today. My husband will really get after me but will get over it. I just hate going thru all the automatics when I cancel my card.