Bromalite /PanaLabs / Unfair web practices, price gouging and exorbitant price for supplements, unauthorized charges for products not ordered

0 16192 Coastal HighwayLewes, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-897-663

I stupidly ordered Bromalite 60 capsules (one month's worth) to assist with detoxing (have multiple immune system issues)/weight loss. The web site www.bromalite.com offered 14 dayBromalite Trial paying $4.95.

I called to cancel, yet like others, did not read the fine print:If you enjoy Bromalite, simply do nothing. You will be billed the discounted price of only $69.95 at the end of your 14 day trial period for your initial supply. You will be billed $69.95 again 30 days from today to replenish your supply of Bromalite and begin your monthly auto shipment which is billed monthly at $69.95 unless cancelled (this is a savings off the retail price, and is available to you today). You will enjoy our auto ship program that will deliver your monthly supply of the Bromalite Diet. You are still receiving this trial one hundred percent risk free because if, for ANY reason, you decide that Bromalite is not for you, simply call [protected] and we will quickly assist you with canceling your Bromalite auto ship program as well as help you with a refund. Note* If you ordered before Feb 13th 2009 please call: [protected]. No future commitments, no hassles. Cancel any time.

I called on the 17th day of the 30-day supplement. Was given another number (boiler room in Philippines, spoke to "Bunny" badge number (rigggghhhht) # 2074): [protected]. "Bunny" took the call and said I owed $89.31 for EXTREME Acai Berry, which I did not order.

I did get the address of the company: Bomalite 16192 Coastal Highway. Lewes, Delaware 19952

I immediately filed an internet fraud complaint (exceedingly high cost of 30 day supply of ONE supplement), unfair web site practices and price gouging. http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

I contacted my credit card company to file a fraud charge. Even though I would be billed (my charge card noted $69.95), the bottle of Bromalite is exceeedingly EXPENSIVE, more than a lot of medications (Rx, legit) cost. Too, it's price gouging and unfair web site practices. The credit card company put a warning flag on Bromalite and will not debit my account for any future payments. My card had to be changed, and also a fraud investigation whereby I have to fill out paperwork will occur.

Lastly, I downloaded Delaware Attorney General Consumer Complaint form and made copies to send along with my complaint. Beau Biden, Atty General of Delaware is Vice President Joe Biden's son. http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/consumers/protection/safeguarding.shtml

CONSUMER PROTECTION UNIT
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
STATE OF DELAWARE
820 NORTH FRENCH STREET, 5TH FLOOR
WILMINGTON, DELAWARE 19801
Phone: [protected] or [protected]
Fax: [protected]
Email: consumer.protection @state.de.us

This company is scamming hundreds, if not thousands. Coontact your credit card company today to stop fraudulent, no product for your money scam.

I do owe $4.95 for shipping, but refuse to pay more.

Lesson learned: go to reliable health food store (GNC, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, Sunflower Market or Puritan Pride www.puritan.com) to order acai berry products (even Walgreen's sells them OTC supplements) . DO NOT ORDER ACAI BERRY, ACAI BURN...proclaiming Dr. Oz, Oprah, CNN, USA Today endorses them. Not true. STAY AWAY. BE INFORMED. DON't BE DUPED LIKE MYSELF AND OTHERS!

Na

Comments

• Sc
      21st of Mar, 2009

Dear Consumer Protection

Please notify consumers of this company and it’s fraudulent practices. I was also scammed in an almost identical fashion as the person below. I called two days after my credit card was charged and told that I did not have an account with them. They accused Discover Card Services of making the error. I then rec’d a SECOND charge a month later for 74.00 and was told it was “too late” to cancel or get a refund. I did receive a sample of the product but I have never rec’d any other product or services from this company. The charges have the following numbers attached to them 1-877-300-6250 and 1-800-919-2846. Please investigate these scammers!

N Wood

Company information:
    Bromalite
    16192 Coastal Highway
    Lewes, Delaware
    Phone: 1-866-897-663
    bromalite.com

I called to cancel, yet like others, did not read the fine print:If you enjoy Bromalite, simply do nothing. You will be billed the discounted price of only $69.95 at the end of your 14 day trial period for your initial supply. You will be billed $69.95 again 30 days from today to replenish your supply of Bromalite and begin your monthly auto shipment which is billed monthly at $69.95 unless cancelled (this is a savings off the retail price, and is available to you today). You will enjoy our auto ship program that will deliver your monthly supply of the Bromalite Diet. You are still receiving this trial one hundred percent risk free because if, for ANY reason, you decide that Bromalite is not for you, simply call 877-300-6250 and we will quickly assist you with canceling your Bromalite auto ship program as well as help you with a refund. Note* If you ordered before Feb 13th 2009 please call: 866-897-0663. No future commitments, no hassles. Cancel any time.

I called on the 17th day of the 30-day supplement. Was given another number (boiler room in Philippines, spoke to "Bunny" badge number (rigggghhhht) # 2074): 1-877-350-8480. "Bunny" took the call and said I owed $89.31 for EXTREME Acai Berry, which I did not order.

CONSUMER PROTECTION UNIT