Bromalite / Unauthorized charges

1 MN, United States Review updated:

They advertise a "Free Sample". What is in the fine print is that this "Free Sample" will cost you $6.00 in shipping and handling (the initial charge) and another $69.95 after 14 days if you do not cancel your subscription. Oh yes, you are automatically subscribed to a renewal and your credit card is billed. The second charge of $69.95 will be refunded (so I am told) once they receive the un-opened bottle. However, the first $69.95 is gone. So, unless you carefully read the fine print of the offer this "Free Sample" will cost you $75.00. Definitely not worth it and I think a VERY deceptive way to offload a product which does NOTHING!

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Mi
      9th of Jan, 2009

Sorry for the typo. The correct phone number is
    1-866-897-0663

• Al
      17th of Dec, 2008

Hello everyone!! My name is Alicia, I’m the customer service supervisor for Bromalite. Our customer service phone number is 1-866-897-0663 and business hours are 7:30am-5:30pm MST. Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns that you may need assistance with and anyone of our representatives will gladly assist with whatever they can or you can e-mail your cancellation notice to [email protected]

Alicia CSS
    [email protected]

15th of Nov, 2008

Hi Barb,
    I also ordered a free trial of Bromalite, and unfortunately I read your complaint right AFTER I ordered it. I was surfing for information on the product, when I came across your complaint. I found the information below, on how to cancel the membership you and I unwittingly signed up for. It won't help you with the current charge on your card, but maybe you can prevent future charges. Hope this helps.

"By agreeing to the terms of the Agreement, customer automatically receives 14-day trial to the Program. customer has 14 days to try the Program and decide whether to accept the Program full-time. Prior to the expiration of the 14-day trial period, customer may cancel its subscription by calling Bromalite’s toll-free number at 866-897-0663 or writing to Bromalite, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. Should customer fail to cancel its subscription, its Subscription with Bromalite will become active and customer will be billed $69.95 on the 16th day after its trial begins and every month thereafter. If customer’s payment is not submitted either by credit card or check within 30 days of the due date, customer’s Bromalite Supply will be suspended. If customer wishes to cancel and not be billed, customer must call 866-897-0663 or write to Bromalite, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. customer also agrees to monthly billing. customer expressly agrees to honor all charges and fees due. I also understand that I will enjoy a monthly membership to FitFactory where i can track my weight loss and get diet advice for a monthly fee of $19.95 per month billed on the fifteenth day unless I cancell by calling 1-866-407-1022."

• Pa
      21st of Nov, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me 3 times because my daughter ordered it to. I called Bromalite and a refund is in process, but it takes 10 days for the return.! I'm still waiting...or you can call you bank and report it as FRAUD and get your money back.

• Cd
      24th of Nov, 2008

I agree---had a horrible time trying to cancell. If you call 800-715-1354 it just rings after 4 minutes I hung up on 5 different calls. If you call 630-3922100, that's the marketing number, they can take orders but can't cancell, you need to go to the manufacturer to cancel. So when you call that line 866-897-1663 it's a run around, automatic voice comes on states someone will be with you shortley etc. I called that number 3 different times, I held for 8 minutes, 5 minutes and the last time I called over 12 minutes.
    My credit card company is now handling the dispute. I will also write to the company to cancel. I will also report this company to the proper authorities.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----DON'T SEND FOR THE FREE TRAIL OFFER!!!

TO ME IT'S A SCAM!!!

• Kr
      1st of Dec, 2008

Get ready, because that one charge is not all you'll get- I've been getting mystery charges on my credit card- fit catory, 1email offer, Pricelimbo, acai berry... hundreds of unauthorised dollars a month. And the credit card company won't do a thing because you agreed to the terms and conditions. I have no idea how to get out of this mess!

• Ki
      11th of Dec, 2008

WOW! How Ironic. I was checking my bank account statment online today and noticed the EXACT SAME CHARGE!! I am on the line with my bank now. If this any indication of the company's business practices, what must this say about the product? I havent tried mine yet but...it makes me leary. The bank just gave me a phone number to Bromalite. I'll see what happens but right now I can tell you that I am LIVID!!!

• Tj
      16th of Dec, 2008

I wish I would have read these complaints before I order the free trail, which does not seem to turn out so free. I am now in the hole $162.94 from this company. If you have ordered from them I would suggest you cancel your card and get a new one right away. They would do nothing to help me and my bank is helping much either at this point. Never again.

• He
      16th of Dec, 2008

I am having the same problem with the charge however i have sat on hold for over 2 hours total. with no one answsering the phone. I have emailed them at least 10 times and not received one response. Did you ever get your refund? They do not supply a return address to send the product to which I believe is illegal.

• Ba
      16th of Dec, 2008

I guess I was lucky my credit card company called me the day after I ordered and told me to cancel my card as they are watching them for fraud. Thank heavens they are watcing out for me. I to have about 5 different phone numbers for them and have been trying for three days about 10 times a day. After about 10 minutes on hold they disconnect you. I was charged 34.95 and did receive the product plus some tea stuff, but I did not order this. Our only recoarse is REG.net at 1866 730-8746, they are the company that collected the money on my credit card. By the way I ordered Total Cleanse but received Bromalite..they are all frauds.

16th of Dec, 2008

I also fell prey to this, but I was able to stop everything. I called 8668970663 music for a long time then a recording that says they are having phone trouble and high call volume why not send us an email. I held then after 20 min line went quite with a few clicking sounds, I was still connected so I stayed on line and after 5 min or pure silence someone answered. I told her all I wanted was my free sample and wanted to unsucribe and did not want any more shipments or my card charged got a confirm and will have to see. With this comes a free fit website, Fit Factory. They also have mine and your cc number and will charge you 20 a month if you do not cancel. Call 1866 407 1022 and tell them you want to unsuscribe. This call was much shorter 4 min total. And if you are like me you also fell for the Acia fruity thing. Same thing here call 18669384832 and tell them that you don't want any future shipments and no more charges on your credit card. Get a confirm number and the name of who you talk to. Supposidly I will get free samples and no more charges. Stopped all of it on day 2. I will keep you posted if it becomes a nightmare.

Note to self...no free trial is ever FREE

• Pa
      17th of Dec, 2008

I was way overcharge and forwarded an complaint against Bromalite however I do not know where they are located
    in one state so please look into it but i was very much overcharged for this product
    [email protected]
    689 Emilie Unit #4
    Timmins ONtario
    P4N5K2

2nd of Jan, 2009

I have spent over three hours in the past three days trying to call and cancel the extras on the "terms and conditions" page. After waiting for 30 minutes I finally left a message on the 866-897-0663 number. I told them I wanted to cancel any billing and product agreement. I also had my debt card cancelled so no charges could incur at a later date! I figure my message is as good as these hidden charges. This has been a great lesson...never sign up for FREE stuff! We all need to read directions before putting the credit card # on ANYTHING! Happy New Year. John.

• Br
      18th of Jan, 2009

i again was charged twice on another thing i did not sign up for, BROMALITe for 69.95 each time. Thats going along with acaipure, web access, fitfac.Contacting the bank

• Bl
      7th of Jan, 2009

How did you get ahold of someone from Bromalite. I can never get anyone.

• Ss
      8th of Jan, 2009

fine print says you agree to this if not cancelled. company email is [email protected]

15th of Jan, 2009

I did not authorize this debit from my checking account for a total of $69.95 twice.

24th of Jan, 2009

Read the TERMS and CONDITIONS lady! You're an idiot!

24th of Jan, 2009

You're a liar and an idiot! Haven't you ever heard of reading a contract BEFORE signing it! YOU authorized them to take the money out by not reading the TERMS and CONDITIONS!

24th of Jan, 2009

Oh and your lawyer CAN'T do anything! You agreed to the T & C's boner!