Bromalite / Unauthorized charges

1 MN, United States Review updated:

They advertise a "Free Sample". What is in the fine print is that this "Free Sample" will cost you $6.00 in shipping and handling (the initial charge) and another $69.95 after 14 days if you do not cancel your subscription. Oh yes, you are automatically subscribed to a renewal and your credit card is billed. The second charge of $69.95 will be refunded (so I am told) once they receive the un-opened bottle. However, the first $69.95 is gone. So, unless you carefully read the fine print of the offer this "Free Sample" will cost you $75.00. Definitely not worth it and I think a VERY deceptive way to offload a product which does NOTHING!

Comments

• Rp
      6th of Feb, 2009

On Feb 6, 09 I've broused the web, and found these testimonies about Acai and bromalite products their effectiveness and the good results. So I decided to read the article in small print, but mealwhile I've that strong feeling about something wrong there for they advertized a free products for $499, please bear in mind they don't say $4.99 for a bottle, So decided to enrolled anyway, I've filled my name and address, even my phone number. my guts feeling mis-trusting these folks increased when they asked me for the credit card. at that point closed and log out, AND WENT HOME TO MY SURPRISED, THAT DAY THEY'VE CHARGED ME $499.00 TO MY PAY PAL CARD. I DID NOT PROVIDED THEM WITH ANY CREDIT CARD INFO. INMEDIATELTY I'VE CALLED PAY PAL AND FORMULATED A COMPLAINT. I'm not responsible for it for I did not place any order, nor authorized it.YES INDEED THE ARE A SCAM.

11th of Feb, 2009

I ordered a sample of Bromalite for $4.95 and it arrived on the 5th of January, 2009. I had 14 FULL days to cancel future shipments before they would bill and ship a new shipment. I called and canceled on the 9th of January, 2009. The next day I saw on the internet that they billed me for $69.95. I called again and they said, 'yes, they had canceled me and I would get a refund in approximately 30 days'. I asked her why they had billed me for a new shipment before the 14 day trial period ran out. She stated she did not know but assured me that I would get the full $69.95 refund within 30 days. We will see...

• Ki
      11th of Feb, 2009

I signed up for the trail offer was charged the $4.95 and 2 days latter was charged another $69.95. I have tried to cancel on line as suggested and allt he information I ou tin comes up on order on file. I have been trying to reach them by phone and have been unsuccessful. I will keep trying...

• Lp
    Bromalite - Unauthorized charge
    MBM&F

I ordered a a trial of Bromalite which I had to pay shipping and handling. Then I received another bottle which I was charged $95.00, plus I was charged 2 times of $69.oo for ACAIBerry. I called both companies and cancelled, and was told I could not get a refund since I did not call within the 14 days of the free trial. I have definitely learned my lesson, and will not get free trials again!!!

11th of Feb, 2009

Please DON'T respond to the 800 number commercials on Radio & TV stations. They are ALL SCAMS in one way or another.
    The Bromalite Scam is similar to the Acaiberry Scam.
    If you REALLY want to try these products, why don’t you simply try the LOCAL STORES FIRST? More often than not, you can probably get the same or similar product LOCALLY.

Think about it, 70% of ALL SCAMS listed on Complaints Board, [redacted], My 3 cents.com, iRipoff .com and others, STARTED with a 800 number commercial you saw on TV or heard on the Radio. Now, what does that tell you about the so-called "truth in advertising" belief that a lot of Americans think about Radio & TV stations and the companies that advertise on them??

The other 30% of the SCAMS are related to the internet or spam emails. When are Americans going to wise up and quit being so GULLIBLE and TRUSTING?? You would think some of them were BORN YESTERDAY, so to speak. Babies & children have a good excuse for being gullible and trusting, but adults DO NOT have an excuse, what-so-ever, especially of strangers or "a voice on the phone".

WISE UP AMERICA, YOUR WELL BEING DEPENDS ON IT. Why are we, as Americans, so damn stupid? It amazes me that some of these SCAMMERS are still breathing and living in their condos.

If you MUST respond to these commercials, USE a RE-LOADABLE, DISPOSABLE credit card with only enough money on it to pay for your initial purchase, no more than $10 or $20.00 more. You can keep your loses at a minimum that way. If you have more, they will keep hitting your card to get more and then just try to get a refund.

REMEMBER, the so-called "FREE TRIALS" are NOT free, they will charge you for 1 to 3 months supply of their CRAP, even BEFORE you get the free trial if you use a regular credit card. More often as not, they will also sign you up for another “FREE TRIAL” of some other product and you probably won’t realize they have done this until you get your credit card statement. Quite often, it is very hard, if not impossible, to get the bogus charges removed.

The Tax & Debt Reduction and Real Estate SCAMS for "pennies on the dollar" are especially cruel. The stories about them will break your heart. You WILL LOSE thousands of dollars on them. They are very convincing in their pitch to you. DO NOT believe ANY THING they Say, Claim, or Guarantee, above all, don't give your credit information.

Google their names before you even call them. Check out their reviews.

Please tell EVERYONE you know about these TV and RADIO commercial facts of life.

• Di
    Bromalite - internet scam
    FITFACTORY ANATOMY
    P.O. Box 101
    Bergholz
    Ohio
    Phone: 740-768-2276

Orfered a free trial size for just shipping and handling for 30 days. Within a week, I was charged $69.00 on my bank card. Went back to my conformation for trial on email and given no onformation on how to cancel, . Please let me know what I can do before more money is withdrawn fropm my account.

12th of Feb, 2009

Hello, I too ordered the Bromalite and the 69.95 eas drawn from my account.However; I called 1-866-897-0663 an spoke to a live representative. I'm supposed to recieve my mony back on my credit card within 10-12 business days. If I don't, I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau.

12th of Feb, 2009

Hello, I too ordered the Bromalite and my account eas overdrawn 69.95 without my consent. I called 1-866-897-0663 and spoke to live representative, and was told that I would recieve my money back within 10-12 business days. If I don't, I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau.

scam!!!

• Jd
      20th of Feb, 2009
    Bromalite - Unapproved billing on my credit card $69.95
    Houston
    Texas

I purchased the trial and cancelled within the 21 days and still was billed $69.95 from Bromalite. I was able to speak with someone regarding the charges and was informed that I would be refunded the funds within 12 business days.

If Bromalite has stolen from you please contact them for your refund: 866.897.0663

• Ka
      20th of Feb, 2009
    Bromalite - debiting checking
    Minnesota

I ordered this colene clenser on line. I logged onto the Good Morning America site and I saw a link on weight loss and there was a lot of bad comments about this product. They said their accountswere being debeted without permission. I just had them debet my account for $74.50. Buyer beware!

Karen

1300 E. Walnut, Des Moines, Iowa 50319
    515-281-5926
    E-mail: [protected]@ag.state.ia.us

www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Ask bank to put "FLAG" on future debit card charges. Get new debit card.

We need to stop these scammers.

21st of Feb, 2009

I already went through the hoop dance calling 1-866-897-0663, and Chatted on line (have the chat log to include in Attorney General Complaint)

There is no 30-Day RISK FREE TRIAL, as Michelle wrote in my complaint (see Nance complaint)

They scammed us.

1300 E. Walnut, Des Moines, Iowa 50319
    515-281-5926
    E-mail: [protected]@ag.state.ia.us

www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Ask bank to put "FLAG" on future card charges. Get new charge card.

We need to stop these scammers.

21st of Feb, 2009

Sorry incorrect AG address in previous post.
    Bromalite from Lewes, DE:

Riverton
    Utah
    Phone: 866-897-0663
    Bromalite.com

Ordered a sample of product and canceled within 3 weeks, have been charged for the past three months from debit account in the amount of $214.97unautherised

• To
      27th of Feb, 2009
    Bromalite - order and now i can not reach anyone to cancel and have been charged 2 now and recieved a product i did not order and was charged
    Florida

I WANT THIS COMPANY TO STOP CHARGING ME FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT ORDER AND GIVE A NUMBER THAT YOU CAN TALK TO SOMEONE TO CANCEL A ORDER AND STOP CHARGING ME FOR SOMETHING I CAN NOT USE. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CANCEL MY CARDS DUE TO THE CHARGES FROM THIS COMPANY, I DO NOT WANT THIS PRODUCT, I JUST WANT TO CANCEL AND STOP BEING CHARGED, I HAVE BEEN CHARGED ABOUT $250.00 ALL TOGATHER NOW.

• Pp
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Bromalite - recurring charges after I canceled order
    MBM&F-Bromalite
    115A Floral Vale Blvd
    Yardley
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 800-989-7505

Bromalite is a scam!!! I did the $4.95 shipping deal and this stuff won't stop coming. I have gone to their website and cancelled my order twice and they keep charging my acct. Now they are charging my acct and not even sending me product. Please help.

John Tillinghast
    Edgewood Paper Co
    800-989-7505

• Lc
      6th of Mar, 2009

I, too was one of those Naive people surfing the web and seeing all these great stories about using the ACAI berry and Bromalite together. So I decided to give the free trial a try. This was on 1/26/09. Within about 5 minutes, I was already regretting my decision, so I called the number (imagine that, I had an e-mail from the fitfactory.com?, what's that all about) on a website I was directed to from my e-mail. I called the number and spoke with someone named POM, who wanted me to go to fitfactory.com and see all the great features it had to offer! I finally told him I had looked, and I wanted to cancel everything. He gave me FOUR confirmation codes, one for Acai, one for Fit Factory.com, one for something called Cost Smasher, and another for the "supplement." I didn't even want the free trial at this point. But, a few days later I got it anyway and the S&H were charged to my account.

Stupid me, I thought the "supplement" they referred to was the Bromalite. Much to my dismay on 2/27 when I saw a pending charge for $74.85 from DRI*REG for the Bromalite. I went online to my bank account and disputed the charge electronically, and have also faxed in a formal dispute. Lo and behold, yesterday I received another bottle of that dreaded Bromalite.

I just called the 866-897-0663 number and spoke with "Jessica" after about 5 minutes on hold. Of course, when I told her the confirmation code, she said that's not the type of codes they used, so she didn't know where I cancelled previously. She told me that she went ahead and cancelled the 2nd charge for $69.99 (what? I don't even know about this yet) and it will take 8-10 business days for the refund (she gave me a 5 digit confirmation code comprised of letters and numbers). She also said that if I return the Bromalite (just write "return to sender" on the package, but slip a note in there with your info) and request a refund, along with your name and e-mail address, they will process it and your refund will be available in 8-10 days. I'll believe it when I see it. Oh, they also charge certain states sales tax, like Georgia, which is why my charge was $74.85, not $69.99.

• La
      7th of Mar, 2009

I admit I too was dupped but I did manage to get back at least two of the $69.95 charges to my credit card. It was not easy by any means but Bromalite did refund and cancel "my account". Buyers need to be aware we are easily scammed. We need to remember the old tried but true "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" We need to be satisfied with our bodies or visit a medical doctor for advice and help. Trial offers should be more responsible in their advertising though and full disclosure should be up front and in LARGE PRINT not so tiny one must hunt for it and get a magnafying glass to read it. I don't understand how or why our credit card information is given to unauthorized companies that additionally charge us $19.95 for a service we know nothing about. This is totally wrong, immoral, and fraudulant. I do take responsibilty to a certain extent for wanting to get quick results for something that didn't happen overnight.

• Do
      13th of Mar, 2009
    Bromalite - I,did ok you to take from my credit card for thi product so cancel this now.
    Dorothy Washington
    3312 K itchen ct.
    Waldorf,
    Maryland

I want to cancel the Bromalite, I didnot give anyone, to use my credit card but one time and it was for 4.99.YOU HAVE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS SO PLEASE CANCEL ANYMORE, DO NOT SEND ME ANYMOE.