Bromalite / Unauthorized charges

1 MN, United States Review updated:

They advertise a "Free Sample". What is in the fine print is that this "Free Sample" will cost you $6.00 in shipping and handling (the initial charge) and another $69.95 after 14 days if you do not cancel your subscription. Oh yes, you are automatically subscribed to a renewal and your credit card is billed. The second charge of $69.95 will be refunded (so I am told) once they receive the un-opened bottle. However, the first $69.95 is gone. So, unless you carefully read the fine print of the offer this "Free Sample" will cost you $75.00. Definitely not worth it and I think a VERY deceptive way to offload a product which does NOTHING!

Comments

16th of Dec, 2008

Ordered a "free trial" and now cannot get thru to cancel. An unauthorized charge of $69.95 has been made to my charge card. No one answers either phone number listed and email seems to be bogus als0.

• Ba
      16th of Dec, 2008

I guess I was lucky my credit card company called me the day after I ordered and told me to cancel my card as they are watching them for fraud. Thank heavens they are watcing out for me. I to have about 5 different phone numbers for them and have been trying for three days about 10 times a day. After about 10 minutes on hold they disconnect you. I was charged 34.95 and did receive the product plus some tea stuff, but I did not order this. Our only recoarse is REG.net at 1866 730-8746, they are the company that collected the money on my credit card. By the way I ordered Total Cleanse but received Bromalite..they are all frauds.

16th of Dec, 2008

I also fell prey to this, but I was able to stop everything. I called 8668970663 music for a long time then a recording that says they are having phone trouble and high call volume why not send us an email. I held then after 20 min line went quite with a few clicking sounds, I was still connected so I stayed on line and after 5 min or pure silence someone answered. I told her all I wanted was my free sample and wanted to unsucribe and did not want any more shipments or my card charged got a confirm and will have to see. With this comes a free fit website, Fit Factory. They also have mine and your cc number and will charge you 20 a month if you do not cancel. Call 1866 407 1022 and tell them you want to unsuscribe. This call was much shorter 4 min total. And if you are like me you also fell for the Acia fruity thing. Same thing here call 18669384832 and tell them that you don't want any future shipments and no more charges on your credit card. Get a confirm number and the name of who you talk to. Supposidly I will get free samples and no more charges. Stopped all of it on day 2. I will keep you posted if it becomes a nightmare.

Note to self...no free trial is ever FREE

• Pa
      17th of Dec, 2008

I was way overcharge and forwarded an complaint against Bromalite however I do not know where they are located
    in one state so please look into it but i was very much overcharged for this product
    [email protected]
    689 Emilie Unit #4
    Timmins ONtario
    P4N5K2

• Al
      17th of Dec, 2008

Hello everyone!! My name is Alicia, I’m the customer service supervisor for Bromalite. Our customer service phone number is 1-866-897-0663 and business hours are 7:30am-5:30pm MST. Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns that you may need assistance with and anyone of our representatives will gladly assist with whatever they can or you can e-mail your cancellation notice to [email protected]

Alicia CSS
    [email protected]

• Na
      17th of Dec, 2008

The company is working with others to scam you to get your credit card info. Look at the terms (fine print) you have to specifically look on the website to go to the terms. They are going to charge you $$ for a contractual requirement because you don't know to cancel within days of receving the product. They are authorized to automatically hit your account as you gave the authorization. The phone number has no one answering and no answering machine. It is a total rip off. Only solution is to cancel your credit card to stop the charges. You also are going to get a connecting charge for an associated company about fitness. I've never spoke or ordered anything from them, but its all connected and you will be in over $150.00 before you know what's happening.

Don't order it. Don't order Acui Berry products either. Same rip off.

• Sh
      18th of Dec, 2008

I have unauthorized charges for a supplement I did not receive. I have been unable to reach anyone by phone because either their lines are tied up with heavy call volume or the recording comes on that their office is closed. I have sent e-mails but have not had any response. I ordered the so-called free sample and received it, but I have not received anything else, yet my credit card has been charged.

• Ji
      25th of Dec, 2008

If you have read any of the complaints up to this point, add mine to the list. DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER FOR THE FREE TRIAL. By submitting your order, you are agreeing to charges for another bottle on the 15th day after your order $34.95, a diet help subscription for $19.95 and a new shipment for $69.95 on the 16th day. READ THE FINE PRINT at the very least, or you will be paying for it later. NOTHING IS EVER FREE...remember that!! I hope this helps some other sucker...

• La
      29th of Dec, 2008
    Bromalite - No answer or reply when cancelling order
    202 Hackberry Court
    Suffolk
    Virginia
    Phone: 757-484-4201

I ordered online some bromalite and tried to cancel the order and was placed on hold over an hour. No one answered the phone and when trying to contact the company they led you to a website called verifyyour order which is bogus. Please help

• Li
      29th of Dec, 2008
    Bromalite - Withdrawl from my bank without approval
    2525 South 18th St
    Pittsburgh
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 412-481-1773

Bromalite took 69.95 out of my account without my concent. They are not answering my calls. What can I do anyone have sugggestions. I am real mad. This is fraud the bank said.

• Re
      30th of Dec, 2008

Bromalite is a rip off. I had placed an order for a trial supply of the diet supplement and was charged $69.95 twice and still have not received the order. I have been calling for the last 15 days and I have not gotten thru to anyone. When you get thru you are placed on hold. An operator will tell you to hold and then he will tell you to leave a message or go to the webpage that is out of service.

• Ce
      1st of Jan, 2009

I order a free trail of Bromalite and I discovered they charged me and I can't get a hold of them to stop the order and get my money back. What do I do? Please help!

2nd of Jan, 2009

I have spent over three hours in the past three days trying to call and cancel the extras on the "terms and conditions" page. After waiting for 30 minutes I finally left a message on the 866-897-0663 number. I told them I wanted to cancel any billing and product agreement. I also had my debt card cancelled so no charges could incur at a later date! I figure my message is as good as these hidden charges. This has been a great lesson...never sign up for FREE stuff! We all need to read directions before putting the credit card # on ANYTHING! Happy New Year. John.

Bromalite - received order unsolicited
    MBM&F Bromalite
    PO Box 2012
    Riverton
    Utah

I recieved an order of this product without an invoice and no phone number to call to get this sent back, I am returning the product and calling my credit card company of the fraud.

• Lo
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I ordered a free trial for shipping of $4.95 I am now being billed $69.95 monthly unless I call to cancel, I have been calling the number on line of 1-866-897-0663 and the phone never rings or I don't get a message or anything. How do I cancel these monthly charges if I can't reach the company??

• Da
      3rd of Jan, 2009

I ordered the trial supply of Bromalite. I did not like the results, and was to be able to cancel the trial within 15 days. I placed the order on Dec. 3, 2008, and received the product on the 13th. I started trying to contact them on the 20th with no results. Placed on hold forever, left two messages to call me back, and no response. I finally left them a message to cancel the trial. They charged $69.99 to my account on the 22nd. Not only that, I was also charged $19.95 for a monthly membership to FitFactory where "I can track my weight loss and get diet advice", unless I call and cancel within 20 days. This is apparently in small print, and I was not aware of this. My bank is in the process of recovering the $69.99 from Bromalite, however said that I am not able to dispute the FitFactory, since it is on the Bromalite agreement. I had to cancel my debit card to make sure that nothing else would be charged. What a rip-off. It's sad when a company can get away with a scam like this.

• Ka
      4th of Jan, 2009
    Bromalite - Deceptive practices
    Lewes
    Delaware

People: Your best defense is to file a complaint with:
    Consumer Protection Unit
    Dept. of Justice
    State of Delaware
    820 N. French St., 5th Fl.
    Wilmington, DE 19801
    You can download the form at:

If enough victims do this, perhaps Bromalite with be shut down, as they should be!

• Sw
      5th of Jan, 2009

I also ordered the free trial & was charged $4.95 for S&H. Today they are putting through a charge for $69.95 for something I didn't order. I did find a telephone number to contact them that actually works. It is 866-897-0663.

• To
      5th of Jan, 2009
    Bromalite - Charged my credit card without my autorization
    North Carolina

Bromalite charged my credit card 69.99 and 39.85 without my permission and I cannot get in touch with them by any of the phone numbers.

• Dr
      6th of Jan, 2009

I was suprised to see a charge for $69.95 from Bromalite on my credit card statement. Earlier I had ordered the 30 day trial over the phone and knew that I would be charged for shipping costs. At the same time I ordered the free trial, the operator asked if I wanted to also sign up for a service that would monitor my weight loss. I declined.
    There was a phone number with the unathorized charge on my statement and I tried to call them repeatedly, but got a busy signal. I googled the name and was directed to their website. On the website, I saw the terms and conditions that went with the free trial. There was no mention of any of the terms and conditions when I placed my free trial order with the operator.
    The terms stated the trial was for 14 days and after that I would automatically be billed for ongoing shipments unless I called and cancelled. It also said I would be signed up for the weight monitoring program automatically unless I called to cancel.
    Because I still could not get through to the Bromalite line, I called the Fit number and got a number. I asked them to check to see if I had been signed up for their service. They checked, and said they say I had called to cancel the order earlier. I had never placed the order, so it must have been cancelled by the Bromalite contact when they took the order. Anyway, I got a confirmation number verifying the cancellation.
    I tried again repeatedly to contact Bromalite and finally got through to a recording, which said because of heavy volume there would be about a ten minute wait. It indicated I could go to a website www.verifyyourorder.com if I was calling to cancel an order. I placed the call on hold and went to the website. I entered the order number from the free trial and my email, and was directed to a page with the information that allowed me to cancel the order. It was not clear to me how the charge for $69.95 would be taken off of my credit card, so I waited to talk with a Bromalite operator.
    I got Scott, who was very helpful. I told him I had cancelled on line, but wanted to verify my credit card refund. He gave me a cancellation number for the product and confirmation of the refund, and told me it should come off of my card in 10 - 12 days. I told him I'd not opened the trial and was prepared to return it, but he said that wasn't necessary.
    The product might be good, but their business practices are shady. I'm going to throw it away and not deal with this company again.