Bromalite / Scam!!!

1 Milford, CT, United States Review updated:

Bromalite Scam!

I ordered a "Free Sample" and got hit with a 69.95 charge to my credit card... I called the company [protected]) and got my credit card refunded within 5 days. (was on hold for about 15 minutes)

Here is the best way to handle the call to avoid them telling you that there is nothing they can do:
1. tell them the call is being recorded
2. tell them that you plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's office if not issued a refund along with cancelling the memebship.
3. ask for a confirmation # and aslo an email confirmation.

They will 1st try to tell you that there is nothing that they can do about the initial 69.95 charge since you did not cancel within the 1st 14 days. They will also point out that this was disclosed when you clicked "rush my order" or "submit" for your "Free Sample"... Simply tell them "that is poor business practice - please credit my account for the 69.95 and cancel the membership so I don't have to call the Attorney General - thanks you!"

... Soon you're credit card will get charged again for 29.95 from another compnay called FitFactory.com - they will claim that you agreed when you submitted the Bromalite order - what a nightmare - follow the same as above - here is the # [protected]

Now, the eamails keep coming from all theri "partners"... ### just won't go away!

Good Luck! ~ Mike (Milford, CT)

Mi

Comments

• He
      4th of Dec, 2008

I agreed to pay the $4.95 for the "free" bromalite trial. Shortly after giving the company my credit card info I started getting emails from other "diet" and "fitness" companies. I later noticed that I had charges on my credit card from these companies in addition to a 69.95 charge from Bromalite - non of which were authorized by me. My credit card company refunded my for the other charges, cancelled my credit card, and investigated the $69.95 charge. I have recently found out that Bromalite was able to convince VISA that the charge was legitimate and I'm out $69.95!!! THIS IS A HUGE SCAM!!!

5th of Dec, 2008

I totally agree with you. I thought I was getting a pretty good product, until the unauthorized charge appeared on my statement. After reading other people's complaints, I was able to cancel the charge that was going to be coming from the Fit Factory which I wouldn't have known about. It's just best to go ahead and cancel your card and receive a new one because if the charge was "in the fine print" at least you would only be out $69.95 and hopefully not more than that!

16th of Jan, 2009

All I wanted was a "free" sample of bromilite. I was suprised when my credit card company called and asked me if I authorized odd a charge of 29.95 for the fit company. I never even heard of that company. Apparently my cc company has reps who monitor transactions that appear odd or out of your everyday use. So as the conversation went on we discovered that there was also a 69.99 charge unauthorized as well and it wasnt even the same day i ordered the "free" sample. So I got online, googled bromilite and WOW to my suprise here I am posting an additional complaint of serious fraud. This is ridiculous. Also, the initial "free" sample was only suppose to be like 5.95 or 6.95 and I chose regular mail shipping. 14.95 was charged on my card. So as Mike stated in his experience. YOU MUST DEMAND a refund with an assertiveness that you will be contacting the Attorney Generals office and The Better Business Bureau. They supposedly have a refund in the process as of 15 min ago. And I will be contacting Bromilite tomorrow. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY. If you are looking to lose weight, buy what you need OVER THE COUNTER not OVER THE INTERNET!!!

• Jp
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I am soooooo mad!!! This is rediculous. Thanks for your advice. After considerable arguing, I was able to get both the Bromalite and Fit Factory charges refunded, and supposedly the accounts have been closed. I should have known better. You don't get anything for free!! The thing is, if the stuff worked, I would have considered ordering it again. Not only will I never order it again, no matter how good it works, I'm afraid to take anything made by a company this dishonest and shady. I wouldn't use it just on principle at this point. Not to mention, I will spread the word of their scam. So, how do they stay in business making a name for themselves like this?

I also ordered the Pure Acai Berry Pro at the same time (free trial again), and of course I was charged $78.81. I sat on the phone with some [censored] for about fifteen minutes until I was screaming into the phone. I'm not a screamer! He refused to refund my money and refused to let me speak with a supervisor. He did cancel my account and assured me there would be no future charges. I threatened reporting to the BBB, reporting to the attorney general, and sicking my attorney on them. Wouldn't budge.

All I can say is...karma is a [censored]!

• Jp
      22nd of Jan, 2009

Thank you for your response. Your company did agree to refund my money and cancel my account. I am very disappointed however with your companies busisness practices. It's very sad that your company resorts to dishonest practices to promote your product at the expense of your customers. If your product was legitimate, you wouldn't need to trick your customers into buying more of your product through the use of fine print and hidden statements. I will NOT use your product and have recommended that my friends cancel their orders as well.

• Ms
      23rd of Jan, 2009

PEOPLE NOW A DAYS DON'T READ AND ARE UPSET WITH WHA THEY AGREED TO...WHATS FUNNY IS ONSTAR, FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM, AS WELL AS OTHER COMPANIES PLACE YOU INSIDE OF AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT..SO B/C UR CLICK HAPPY AND DON'T READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND ARE SO HAPPY W/ LOSING WEIGHT YOU DECIDE TO BLAME THE COMPANY...DID U READ UR TERMS W/ UR CREDIT CARD W/ THAT 29.9% APR? DIDN'T THINK SO...WAKE UP AMERICIA AND READ STOP ACTING LIKE PEOPLE OWE U WHEN IN FACT U PUT YOURSELF IN DEBT!

• Na
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I just wanted to try the free product and pay shipping. Once I gave them my credit card, they just used it as they pleased. I got a $19.95 charge for something called Fit Fac.com??? and two charges for $69.95. I realized I had been scammed when they sent me another package of the product two weeks after I got the "free" package. I immediately returned it UNOPENED and went on line and requested a cancellation and refund. I have so far only received one refund for $69.95 and a promise for the $19.95. I have also disputed these charges with my credit card company. My advice: do not order anything listed as free with shipping only on the internet. Never give them your credit card number!

2nd of Mar, 2009

Thanks for the added information, Mike. I, too, was ripped off. When ordering a free sample I didn't expect there to be any "fine print" or any "terms." This is a shady business practice. The product DIDN'T work for me at all. Neither did ACAI Power which I also tried. They have the same rip off except their rip off is $39.95. I've already sent my letters to the Attorney Generals of the appropriate states. This is outrageous.

Lots of reputable companies offer free trials so you can see if you want to commit to a large expense. Matt and Ms. Missy's comments are ridiculous. They're probably plants from the company! Bromalite and ACAI Power are not reputable and their products don't work. Bromalite gives no contact information on the bottle and the bottle arrived in box with no packing slip, nor product information, nor any way to contact them. I've found lots of complaints against both companies.

• Pa
    Bromalite - SCAM
    BROMALITE
    BROMALITE.COM

I ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL AND PAID FOR THE SHIPPING. I CALLED AND CANCELLED. THEY CHARGED ME BANK ACCOUNT $69.95 AND CLAIM THEY DIDNT. I DONT BELIEVE MY BANK ACCOUNT IS LYING TO ME. BUT BROMALTE IS! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

3rd of Jun, 2016

That's not the case at all. Bromalite is constantly busy dealing with people who are trying to get a product for free and then complaining when they didn't read the terms and conditions. You can't blame a company that's trying to make money.

I do agree with you that it's a ripoff, but not a scam. If you people want to lose weight, diet and exercise, if you want to "cleanse your colon", go to a doctor.

You don't' have to follow those steps, Bromalite could care less if the call is being recorded, they are NOT responsible for refunding you your money, it's a courtesy! YOU signed a legal contract and it's NOT the customer service representitive's problem that you all don't read what you sign!

3rd of Jun, 2016

I also order the free sample of Bromalite; however, I was never informed that I was going to be charged $69.95 for this. I surely did not authorize them to charge my charge card for this or did I request to become a member. I called 866-897-0663 to have my credit card credited back. I spoke to a nice gentlemen named Marcus and he gave me a refund and I also was given two confirmations numbers; one was for my refund and the other was for cancellation of the membership. This company is a ripoff and they are very misleading. If I had of know that I was going to be charged for a free offer I would have never ordered it.

• Br
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Hi Linda, my name is Brenda and I'm the Customer Service Manager for the BROM. and i want to take this opportunity to ask you to call 1-866-897-0663 Monday thru Friday 8am-5:30pm MST or email us at info@verifyyourorder.com so we can help you with any concerns you may be having. We do OFFER and HONOR a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. So please contact our customer service dept and they will be more than happy to assist you. Thank You

• Mo

Hi Brenda,
    This is Linda again.
    I already called your customer service, and that is what spurred me
    to complain. They told me I had 12 days, period. It took me more
    than 2 weeks to receive the product. Meanwhile, I was billed for that
    first FREE bottle, then another one before I knew what was going
    on.
    This is a poor way to do business. My bank told me they have had
    numerous complaints about your company. If I call your customer
    service, I will be told the same thing, because I was on the phone for
    SOME time with them the first time. They wouldn't budge, so I
    imagine they've been told what to say. I TOLD the girl I had 30 days,
    and she insisted I had 12. At 12 days, I didn't even HAVE it yet.
    So, Brenda, I'm sorry to tell you, your customer service will not be
    happy to assist me. They DID cancel my account, but no refund.
    That's a very expensive lesson I had to learn, and no, I'm not
    one bit happy about it.
    Sincerely,
    Linda

• Tr
      3rd of Jun, 2016

BROMALITE, BROMALITE, THIS IS A SCAM AND A RIPOFF, WHY? SHOW ME A CLIICAL TRIAL OF ALL THOSE PRODUCTS COMPARING THEM TO PLACEBO GROUP, WE ALL ACCEPTING THOSE COMPANIES TO MANIPULATE OUR LIFE STYLE WITH BROMALITE, ACAIBERRY AND ETC. LET US STOP THEM, AS I ALWAYS SAY IT EASY COME, EASY GO AND NO PAIN NO GAIN, SO JUNK ALL THOS EPRODUCTS AND START THE GYM AND HEALTHY DIET, THOSE COMPANIES ARE SCAM, AND PLAYFUL, THEY ARE ATTACKING THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM WEIGHT GAIN, THEY ARE TARGETING THOSE PEOPE WHO ARE TRYING TO SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS WITH GAINING WEIGHT, I'M SURE THEY SET IN THEIR MARKETING MEETINGS AND AGREE IN HOW TO TARGET CUSTOMERS .SHAME ON ALL THE DRUG COMPANIES, SHAME ON THEM . THEY ARE NOT AFTER OUR HEALTH, THEY ARE AFTER OUR MONEY. NO BROMALITE NO ACAI BERRY, DOES NOT WORK GET IT !!!

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Bromalite offers online appear in a popup. They advertise a bottle of their supplement for only shipping and handling. Buried in the bottom of their offer is the condition that they will charge your credit card for over $80 for the bottle if you don't call them with 15 days of their shipping the product. That is totally unreasonable. They also continue to send more product (this is also buried in the fine print somewhere) and charge your credit card. And they sign you up for something called Fit-Fac. I was able to get them to credit my charge card for both Bromalite charges and the Fit-Fac charge. This business needs to be shut down or monitored immediately as many, many people are falling for this scam. The same thing is going on with a supplement called Acai Berry Supreme.

• Mo

My FREE TRIAL bottle turned into a nightmare! I ordered the free
    bottle, paid the shipping, and didn't receive it for over 2 weeks.
    THEN they charged 87.56 to my credit card for the free bottle!
    15 days later, they charged another 87.69 to my credit card for
    another bottle! I was also charged for a diet and fitness site I had
    no Idea about ($38.29) It came with the bromalite. The latter site will refund most of my money, they said, but Bromalite won't! I was obviously charged shipping on that FREE $87.56 bottle twice, but they wouldn't refund that either!!! I'm mad as hell about this scam.

Linda In Canada

3rd of Jun, 2016

I ordered one free sample of Bromalite and paid the shipping in late January 2009. Yesterday, March 1, my husband discovered two $69.95 charges on my credit card! I have ordered nothing except the free trial bottle and received nothing except that free sample. I phoned them and they said it was my responsibility to read the fine print on their website. I never even saw any fine print - all I was doing was ordering one free sample to try. The man who I spoke with also told me that "Nothing is ever free." This is a SCAM. Their product also does not work. I have zero results from consuming their product. The man (Jerome) said he'd credit me the second $69.95 charge and cancel my "membership" but not the first one. That first charge was for my FREE product! I did not ask for nor expect any membership or autoshipment. This is outrageous.

• Ra
      3rd of Jun, 2016

This company has links on websites. They make it look like all you need to do is call to cancel. Of course when you call, no one picks up and when you try to look your order up to cancel online, it says "order not found." This is what they are doing...when a person tries to cancel, they naturally enter Bromalite as a key word search and they are directed to a different site from the one they ordered from which of course has all sorts of terms which were not on the first site (the one you ordered from initially). I have written to the Delaware Attorney General (easy to use their email). Till the $69.95 goes from pending to an actual debit, I can't dispute it with my Bank, but as soon as it does, I will. Let's see how good an attorney general Joe Biden's son is.

• Re
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Company charges card full price before 14 day period is up. Aggresive customer service, puts you on hold, does not come back.