Bromalite / constant shipping and charging

I ordered the trial version of both the bromalite and acai diet pills and was fully aware of the shipping only charges. However within two weeks, more pills started arriving and my credit card was charged without my knowledge or consent. I tried the 800 numbers for both companies and received a taped message and no one answered. I then contacted my visa credit card with the charges and had to change my credit card number to deflect any further charges. Visa cannot block charges but they can dispute them but it takes 90 days and meanwhile I would continue to be charged. I live in Canada so the exchange rate at this time is too high. Instead I have to get another number and go without until my new card arrives. These companies should be charged for misconduct and Oprah should be advised of these charges..

Sa

Comments

Be
  20th of Nov, 2008

the same thing happen to me and i tried cancelling but having a hard time so i had to cancel my credit card also

Be
  20th of Nov, 2008

the fine print when you clicked "process my order":

Terms & Conditions: (these terms/conditions only apply to the free trial) Start your trial now to receive a full month supply of Bromalite (retails for seventy four dollars). You will have fourteen full days from today to evaluate and decide if you wish to keep the remaining 30 day supply and continue receiving Bromalite. If you enjoy Bromalite, simply do nothing. You will be billed the discounted price of only sixty nine dollars and ninety five cents at the end of your fourteen day trial period for your initial supply. You will be billed thirty days from today to replenish your supply of Bromalite and begin your monthly auto shipment unless cancelled (this is a savings off the retail price, and is available to you today). You will enjoy our auto ship program that will deliver your monthly supply of the Bromalite Diet. You are still receiving this trial one hundred percent risk free because if, for ANY reason, you decide that Bromalite is not for you, simply call 866-897-0663 and we will quickly assist you with canceling your Bromalite auto ship program as well as help you with a refund. No future commitments, no hassles. Cancel any time. I also understand that I will enjoy a monthly membership to FitFactory where i can track my weight loss and get diet advice for a monthly fee of nineteen nintey five per month billed on the fifteenth day unless I cancell by calling 1-866-407-1022. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CONSUMER TRANSACTION INVOLVES A NEGATIVE OPTION AND THAT I MAY BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF FUTURE GOODS AND SERVICES, UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, IF I FAIL TO NOTIFY THE SUPPLIER NOT TO SUPPLY THE GOODS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED.

Ka
  22nd of Nov, 2008

I had to cancel my debit card and get a new card to stop the charges. I cancelled within the 14 days and was STILL charged, but not UNTIL I cancelled, they took the money out right after I hung up the phone. So now I have a new bank card and have reported them for fraud as well through my bank, just to make sure I indeed get my money back - since at this point i've seen nothing in my account even though they gave me a confirmation number for a refund.
I wouldn't bother at all with these guys.It sucks I had to go a week without my card just because they're scammers. I also didn't want to risk incurring any further charges considering the original circumstances.

Rn
  1st of Dec, 2008

I guess I just got scammed also.I did not notice the tab to click if you did not wantx-treme metabolism booster for 34.95.This came off the original credit card used = acredit card that I never gave them.
These are crooks that need to be in JAIL!!

Ke
  16th of Dec, 2008

I was absolutely furious! What Bromalite and Alcaia-Slim have done is 100% legal but by placing their Terms in a much smaller and inconspiuous font and at the bery bottom of their page, significantly lower than the end of their ad/text, they have gambled (rightly so unfortunately) on the fact that the consumer often neglects to look for terms not contained in the ad itself.

Although this company has remained within the law, they have conducted themselves in an unconscionable manner and "duped" many, many consumers. It has certainly tought me a valuable lesson - I will never again forget to look for the "Terms" clause in any "free" advertisement.

I have taken the necessary steps to stop this billing and to obtain a refund but, after reading the other comments already submitted, I shall also change my credit card number.

I shall report this company (or companies) to the Better Business Bureau of Canada.

Ka
  20th of Dec, 2008

Hey Guys,

I have also ordered the Bromalite trial product, but I didn't experience the things you have mentioned.

I think there are different companies offering free trials of Bromalite, and one of them is a scam, and one is not.

I personally ordered my trial from http://bromalitetrial.com and haven't had any problems whatsoever. I ordered the trial and am now taking it on a regular basis.

I also would just like to say that Bromalite REALLY does work, I have been taking it for 4 months and have lost close to 40 pounds!!

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents

-Kaylie

23rd of Jan, 2009

Unfortunately I have had the same problem with Bromalite's business transactions.
I ordered on December 21. I did not ask them to rush the order because I was not going to start using it until after the first of the year.

On January 7th they charged my debit card and I called them and they said it would be returned to my account. It was not. I then noticed on January 21st another charge had been added to my account. I called them immediately about both charges. A representative name Mike told me he would take care of the first charge that day and it would take a few more days to take care of the other one.
I called again on January 23rd and talked to Jessica. She says ther is not way that it could p0ssibly be taken care of in that amount of time. I told her that I had talked to Mike on the 21st and he had told be it could be. She had never heard of Mike. What I think is odd is the fact that I have never seen anymore Bromalite. So what am I paying for? I live in Missouri and we have an excellent Attoney General and I think he needs to be aware of this.

Dr
  4th of Feb, 2009

I fortunately cancelled in time, and for good measure, cancelled my credit card and have another one coming. My thanks go out to you all for the "heads up".

Dr
  4th of Feb, 2009

I thank all of you here, as well as at other sites (i.e. BBB) for your comments and warnings. I have cancelled my order with them (within the 14 day period) and cancelled my debt card and will get a new one. Thus far, all they have gotten is the $4.95 to my knowledge. For some reason, I decided to further search out the product on line and was so surpised they had gotten to me! Thanks again all.

Br
  19th of Feb, 2009

I was sent the trail period of both this crap, Bromalite and Acaiberry, that I didnt order, I so far have 4 charges to my card without my knowledge--- someone is using my card again like a year ago just to create Chaos. I've called the toll free number and they said it takes up to 12 business days to get my refund.
They should be thankful I dont live close to their Business Office.
After reading all these complaints, looks like I will have to call the Attorney Generals office, file reports for credit refunds at my bank and get another card on order -- all because some ###s gets my card number - and can find my address most anywhere on the internet. They should arrest the ###, give their Bollocks a good coating of sugar and tie them down in a Fireant Pile...
there, now I feel better.

Br
  19th of Feb, 2009

Bromalite and AcaiBerry needs to have a Federal Judge shove all them bottles of Bromalite and AcaiBerry up where the Sun never shines...I favor a Class Action Lawsuit - least we can make them spend our money on their Lawyers...that we got screwed out of.

Pn
  23rd of Feb, 2009

i order bromalite as trial and have cancelde order they keep sending it, so i have canceled cred card the only way to stop this. i only wanted the trial.

Pn
  23rd of Feb, 2009

i canceled this in Jan. and you keep sending it. I want to cancel which you said i have done. DO NOT SEND ANY MORE OF THIS AND I ALSO WANT CREDIT ON MY CARD FOR JAN AND FEB

Ch
  25th of Feb, 2009

I'm sorry you all had to go through this terrible ordeal. I just ordered today and after reading your comments I want to cancel. I almost ordered free trial of bromalite, but caught myself in time. However, I did order the ACAI Free trial and am in need of their telephone number to cancel immediately! The Bromalite Company provided 866-938-4832 for ACAI but this does not appear to be the correct number. Does anyone know the actually number? If you could be so kind.

Te
  25th of Feb, 2009

This is for Christy, I ordered on the 15th, and just saw all of these complaints today. I have just called to cancel all memberships (1-800-983-7968) is the number I used. I talked to someone and got comfirmation numbers. Don't know if it worked yet, guess I'll see based on the history.

Ti
  7th of Mar, 2009

I was alerted by own credit card company - Thank You Jesus!!!
I was ripped off too by the scam for nearly 220.00 and I'm angry. I too only wanted the trial. I was naive, and easily duped. I have cancelled my credit card. I have called the cancellation numbers 2 / 28/ 09, and yet today, 3/7/09 another freaking bottle arrived that I need to send back, to try to get my credit card refunded. When will this nightmare end. Ticked off in the Midwest!!!

De
  12th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

SCAM ALERT. I am pretty savy internet user, and make many purchases via the net. This one takes the case. Not only do they scam you with auto-filling they scammed me with a 'companion partner' fit factor that started charging my card for $29.95 a month. Thank you for this site; hopefully others want fall for their deceptive marketing strategy.

Ha
  19th of Mar, 2009

for all those were are saying they are getting fraud charges.. they are not fraud.. it is not a scam. when you put your credit card out on the internet you should be smart enough to read the terms and conditions. nothing is free these days.. i did sign up for the TRIAL and understood to try it within the time given and give them a call if i didnt want to continue. i called their customer service and they were able to assist me in cancelling my account. ive only been charged 4.95 for shipping and handling and have had no other charges, and i was able to keep the whole bottle sent.

read before you give out all of your personal information people.

My
  14th of Apr, 2009

I also have ordered the AcaiBerry and Bromalite but I have not received anything yet. I thought it sounded to good to be true, but I ordered it anyway, Im wishing I would"nt have not, but it"s to late I think. I went to the web site to verify my order, but it could"nt be found, so I dont know if thats good or bad. The toll free number I have is 1-866-949-0138 for the AcaiBerry and 1-877-300-6250 for Bromalite, but I have not called neither number but I guess I will now.

Cy
  14th of Apr, 2009

This Bromolite co. is messing up ordering anything online.
I will never order anything on line again. I can't believe these people are charging 70.00 dollars for nothing. The stuff is no good, you are better off with Metamucill.