Brodsky Law Firm / Terrible company

United States Review updated:
Brodsky Law Firm
I paid for this loser to handle the publishing for mu LLC and it has been 2 months and the ### jerk has never returned a call or an email. They are bogus.

Has anyone received any monies back from them?? I filed complaints with BBB and I am filing civil action on them as well.

A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Brodsky law firm is a scam, they took your monies and do nothing. They never return your calls or email, Steven Brodsky is really an ###, we should report him to Bar Association, and file a fault against him. He should lost his license soon. Brodsky, you should go to hell.
N  12th of Dec, 2016 by
@Lee's walker I contacted the BBB a few mins ago and that company has no complaints against them but I'm still doing my research
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Do not ever go to his website, i am going to dispute my credit card, he took ove r$ 1400 from me, and do nothing. I filed a divorce case with him, and he took all my personal information and social security number. And didn't file the divorce case, he is really a jerk.
A  16th of Aug, 2009 by
I have had a similar experience with Brodsky Law and I want him to lose his license as well. I paid for my divorce and have yet too see anything about it. He will not answer my calls or e-mails. i can't believe this. I trusted him at a very difficult time in my life and this is what he does. It makes me lose faith in the human condition. Is everyone a crook?
D  27th of May, 2010 by
Handled my divorce perfectly well, and I recommended him to my friend who is also going through a divorce. He answered all my calls promptly and made the process very easy.
A  28th of Feb, 2012 by
Wow, I'm looking to create an LLC and was seriously considering using them because they offered a great rate for forming an llc in NYC. Although it seemed too good to be true which raised my suspicions. So glad I saw these complaints; now I'll find someone with a good reputation to do the process for me. Thanks for the warning and hope you guys can recoup your money.
A  23rd of Jul, 2012 by
Brodsky Law Firm is a scam. I've had a similarly bad experience using them to publish my LLC. Stay away. They took my money and didn't do anything. I was unable to get anyone on the phone.
N  12th of Sep, 2012 by
I'm so thankful I found this before doing anything with this firm. I was trying to find info on how to format my LLC notice publishing when I stumbled upon the Brodsky website. I hope everyone who was scammed takes action again this guy. He needs to be shut down.
A  19th of Oct, 2012 by
HEY GUYS! OH MY GOSH! Check this out!

http://www.newyorkllcpublishing.com/ in this website Brodsky LLC writes: "if you have been told by another "publishing service" that you may change your LLC's county location to save money on legal publishing, please tell us about it. It is ILLEGAL, and the NYS Attorney General's office will be investigating any company that makes this claim."

HOWEVER, in this Brodsky LLC website http://www.lowcostlawfirm.com/ if you scroll to the bottom left HE HIMSELF has a section that says "I understand that I am designating Albany County for the initial intended location of my LLC. An address in Albany is NOT required. After publishing has commenced, the county designation will be changed to my permanent business location (included in price)." !?!??!?!??!?!?!

Doesn't this mean that according to HIM, we should report HIM because he's taking part in illegal activity?!?!?!
D  19th of Apr, 2014 by
Hey John Smith you idiot. Read the website carefully. You are mixing apples and oranges. What he is doing is correct. What he advises against is illegal. Read it carefully before you make a fool of yourself.
N  19th of Apr, 2014 by
Steve Brodsky and his firm were of valuable assistance to me in forming, for the cheapest possible price, my music publishing LLC. All went as smooth as clockwork and was done conveniently over the internet, with Steve handling the necessary paperwork. I appreciate his integrity and efficiency. - Walter, Manhattan
A  2nd of Aug, 2014 by
After putting off starting-up my business for about a year because of Hurricane Sandy, and having too many distractions, I finally decided to bite the bullet and incorporate. Another reason I held off is because I wasn’t ready to go all in on my business and forming an LLC in NYS is an expensive endeavor, largely because of the publications fees, and because, for some reason, lawyers like to charge outrageous fees.

Enter Steve Brodsky. I found his firm while searching on Google. I was intrigued by the very, very reasonable pricing, but became gravely concerned after reading some of the other negative reviews around the web.

Steve replied to my first email, which included laundry list of questions, within 24 hours, apologized for being late about it, and welcomed more questions. Not your typical lawyer.

My follow up email asked Steve about the negative reviews online, which he was straightforward about. During the period of those reviews, he said was incapacitated, unable to work, and as a small shop, things fell through the cracks. As a NYC resident, I appreciate straight talk and lack of BS. Steve was up-front about it, and said some of the negative reviews might have been well-deserved, though outdated and in the past.

Suffice it to say, I decided to form my LLC through Steve, and 24 hours later, I had a series of PDFs that officially made me an entrepreneur.

In addition, I would like to add that Steve and I communicated through email through the whole process which included me asking a TON of questions because I’m a nitpicker and a general pain in the ### as a customer.

Steve, was patient, thorough and professional, and even threw in a generous bonus upon my protest.

I’m not just a happy customer, I hope I can refer many other bootstrapping entrepreneur’s Steve’s way so that can affordably navigate the start-up process. Will use Steve for all my relevant legal needs… As long as he keeps answering my questions. ;-)
A  27th of Jan, 2015 by
I had the same problem as what is listed here as well. I paid my money to have this company take care of the cert. of publication. When I followed up 12-14 weeks later nothing. I sent an email that said they were working on it still about 4 more weeks later nothing. I sent an email and heard nothing so I disputed on my credit card and got my money back. My suggestion is to put this stuff all over social media and kill this guy with the poor service and time that he wastes of others.
N  29th of Feb, 2016 by
Just getting started so far so good. Received reply to Email in less then 24 hours
D  27th of Oct, 2016 by
I did not have this issue with my LLC through Mr. Brodsky. I had an issue not getting an EIN promptly and he responded to emails promptly about that and did not charge extra (not that he should have since this was a flat-fee service) for the extra time.