Broderbund/Gold Print Master / unable to return item

United States, California, Roseville
Dept. of Motor Vehicles
222 Harding Blvd, Roseville Ca.
On 03/03/09 I purchase this item for my job, and unforturnately due to the high security program we have we were unable to use this product. I returned to the store on 03/04/09 to return the software, and I was told by store manager Tom Moore that the store policy was no returns on opened software. I informed him that the receipt I had did not indicate that policy and the policy was nowhere visible for the customer to know that, before purchasing the software. I asked if he can provide me with the written store policy he was talking about, yet he had nothing to show me. It was just a verbal policy. As a consumer I beleive we have the right to know store policies that are visible where we can read them. Now I am stuck with a product that I cannot use at work, that was the purpose of it, a receipt that says refunds or returns within 14 days of purcahse, but cannot return this item. This cannot be happening in your business. I am very frustrated and disappointed. How can a store make a policy yet has nothing to show the customer. Please explain that to me! I will appreciate a response to my complaint by email.