Broadwayphoto.com And Quest4cameras.com - Canon Powershot Sd 990 - Is / Lying to customers and inciting to buy unnecessary accessories

1 2500 Elkhorn Ranch RoadLeander, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-528-8630

I ordered a camera that says "In Stock" from BroadwayPhoto.com and they sent me an email to call them to confirm the order, which I did. When I reached them, they didn't confirm much except that they tried pressure selling pitches to sell me additional accesories that I don't need. After an extensive talk rejecting any options they pressured me to buy, I was told that now the camera is no longer in stock. And it would take them 8 weeks to get it restocked again. Then I cancelled the order and looked for another online merchant.

This time, I ended up calling www.questforcameras instead and they said that they had one last in stock. So I rushed and placed the order. At the end of the first call, I had to go through the same pressure selling that I experienced from BroadwayPhoto.com. When I accepted the accessories because they lied on the charger that came with the camera (I called Canon to confirm their lies), everything was fine and they said it would be shipped today. Then I called Canon like mentionned above and they confirmed that all I was told was lies. I called back to remove these additional accesories and the salesman said "sure, no problem". I then received an email saying that the camera is suddently out of stock.

After doing extensive search, I found a lot of complaints from people that ordered from them in the past. One of the complaints mentionned that BroadwayPhoto.com and Quest4Cameras are one and the same and that they operate in the same way in that they force customers to buy accesories and if you don't, they say they're out of stock.

Here's one of the many links regarding complaints that I found:
/URL removed/

Supposedly they have loads of complaints logged at the BBB. Please do something to stop this fraudulent and deceiving practice.

Thanks

Ja

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Oct, 2008

I order a camera (canon 450d) from them online for a very good price. Got an email couple days later state they are out of stock. Go to another site with very similiar format, order again and got the an out of stock email. Search again for another site...again, different dotcom, but same web setup. Are they all one of the same company doing the bait and switch routine?

• Ra
      3rd of Nov, 2008

BroadwayPhoto and PristigeCamera seem to use the same call center to confirm orders. I had a message on my phone from BroadwayPhoto and email from Prestige(who I placed order with) wanting to confirm my order. I ordered the Cannon 990IS and the guy confirming my order tried to pressure me into buying a High Capacity battery for this camera, saying the battery that came with it was only good for about 15 minutes. The battery he was pressuring me into buying was supposed to be a "deal" at $89.00, since I was buying the camera. Watch Out!!

• Ta
      12th of Nov, 2008

I also had the same experience! He said the canon (same as Randy) that I ordered only have battery that last 20 minutes. Good thing i didn't agree to it right away and said I will do more research. But I found this website. Oh my gosh... that's really a lie... its from prestigecamera by the way.

25th of Nov, 2008

I feel your pain, which is where you need to be careful about the online retailer you select.

As for me, I prefer Amazon. They are always reliable, give you free shipping over $25 and more importantly, are accurate about their stocks! Plus the best part is, no high pressure sales tactics, you only buy what you need, no calls, no emails asking you to buy more.

Sam
    http://www.noiZemag.com/ - The Gay Voice of America.

• De
      27th of Nov, 2008

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. This is an awful online retailer and I will never again use a retailer that sends me an e-mail to call to confirm order. I thought it was very odd since I have been shopping online for years and have NEVER been asked to do that before. Now I know why. If you don't agree to buy their extras their "In Stock" item is suddenly not available. There should actually be a law against this. Seems it would fall under the "Bait and Switch" thing.