Broadway Photo, LLC. / Rude bait and switch

1 337 E. 89th StreetBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-687-1740

I ordered a Sony A700 Digital SLR camera. The price was better than every other price on the internet. Then the phone call came;

"That camera comes with a 15 minute battery and we just happen to have a battery upgrade program and for just $150 dollars you can get a real battery that you can use for 2 hours!" I declined.

"Well you really need to buy a battery to use with the camera because the one that comes with it is only 15 minutes". Again I declined.

"Ok well how about memory cards, you know the camera doesn't come with memory cards". Yes I know. "Well then let me put you down for a 1 GB compactflash card for $150!" I declined once again.

"Well you have to have a memory card why would you decline?" I said "because I can buy a 4 GB compactflash card on new egg for $24" To which the man on the phone responded "Oh that card won't work, the only card that will work is the card that we sell" I said "No thank you"

"Ok then, do you want the import model or the US model?" I told him that I would like the US model and he said "Oh well that model is another $400". It was at this point that I told the man that I wanted to cancel the order. He agreed to canceling the order with lightning speed and then I found out why, he was going to charge me a restocking fee for an item that never shipped. I asked for his name and then he promptly hung up on me.

I have been buying things over the internet for many many years and this was the worse case of bait and switch I have ever seen. Broadwayphoto is the worse company I have ever dealt and I recommend everyone STAY AWAY!

Comments

• Fc
      12th of Jun, 2008

Had the same issues with the customer service. I called 5 times for 5 different products and received exactly the same responce for all of them - you have to get a kit with the camera or no camera will be sold for the price that was advertized. The worst experience in my e-shopping.