broadview security / Worst alarm company

Broadview's monitoring service requires connection to landline phone service. Since moving to this house we have tried Time Warner Cable and AT&T landline phone service, and in both cases the phone line repeatedly went dead for extended periods of time, with NO WARNING FROM BROADVIEW. In other words, Broadview's system failed to notify us that our house was not being monitored! Due to the phone line problems we were forced to switch to Vonage. Once informed that Broadview is not compatible with Vonage, we switched alarm companies but Broadview insists on billing us for the remainder of our contract.

Broadview will receive no further payment from me. I was a loyal customer of theirs for many years and when I needed them the most -- WHEN MY PHONE LINE WENT DEAD OVER AND OVER AGAIN -- their alarm system uttered not a single beep. If my phone line had been cut by a burglar I would have been robbed blind!

This company has received thousands of dollars in fees from me over 8 years. I was such a loyal customer that when I moved I continued their service. However, when my landline phone stopped working not once, not twice, but MANY times at my new house, Brinks/Broadview FAILED TO WARN ME of this in every instance. Furthermore, after I was forced to switch to Vonage in order to have a working landline phone, Brinks/Broadview INSISTED that I continue paying monitoring fees despite the simple fact that their company was unable to keep up with technology that has been around for several years.

Kl

Comments

• Je
      26th of Jan, 2010
    broadview security - Thieft
    Broadview Security
    Huntsville
    Alabama

Just wanted to let anyone in the Huntsville area that was considering Broadview Security for their home system to hide your valuables. I purchased their service and the installers came out to install the system. When they left, they left with two of my wife's rings from her jewelery box. Very expensive rings. Never thought that I would have to protect myself from the very company I hired to protect me. Hmm.

• Cr
      11th of Feb, 2010

You can file your complaint with both Rex Bell at the Huntsville Police Department and with the Alabama Electronic Security Board of Licensing If the company that installed your system is Licensed in Alabama, they are bonded and all of their installers have been fingerprinted and background checked. The AESBL will revoke their license if they are found to be stealing jewelry from their customers.