BroadbandOffers.com / Ne rebates, no response!

I submitted two rebates to BroadbandOffers.com in the amount of $30 and $49.95. Their mailing address is:

P.O. Box 8251
Wixom, MI [protected]

Broad Band Offers sent me a letter stating that I did not include a copy of the rebate form. That afternoon, I completed the two rebate forms and mailed them to the address given. It has been almost four months and I have not received payment of either of the rebates. I submitted a "ticket" as they request on their web-site, but have not received any response.

The order is under Bruce Tapp 6522 Hot Springs Place Apt. C Indianapolis, IN 46217.

Comments

• Go
      5th of Dec, 2007

Boy I agree with all of the letters written that Broadbandersoffers.com is a scam and that something should be done about it. I have written 4 letters with not one reply from them. I have never have heard from Comcast and am thinking seriously of cancelling them out and I have only had them for a short period. I can't for the life of me understand a Co. doing this to its customers. I could go on and on but at this time wont.
    I agree with the one person to not DO BUSSINESS WITHROADBANDERS.COM OR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

• Lo
      7th of Dec, 2007

This is ridiculous. Lets do something. Contact me if interested. Its a scam and all the Telecom companies are involved.

• Je
      14th of Dec, 2007

I actually recieved a modem that I did not order! THey charged my cc somehow when I was in the process of buying LEGITIMATE internet service from Time Warner Cable. A couple days ago the modem came in the mail, and its return address was in Jonesboro, GA, definitely not the same as the IN and MI addresses you are all saying. . .
    This is such a scam, I never ordered the service, and now they have charged me for it. So sorry you're all in the same boat!

• Tr
      17th of Dec, 2007

### this company... screwed me up to. I posted on time...

• Ae
      26th of Dec, 2007

On 7/15/07 I submitted 3 rebate forms: $30, $49.95 and $100, apparently similar offers made to other posters. They had linked me to the wrong rebate form and after 3 requests, and a threat of complaint to proper consumer agencies, they finally e-mailed me a link to the proper form.

Everything was completed and all requested documents provided, all mailed within 60 days. I have heard and received NOTHING from this company. Though I have copies of everything, I have not wasted time trying to contact them. I intend to contact Comcast, and cancel my service if I get no satisfaction.

Please include me, by e-mail, in any possible action against broadbandoffers.com

• Je
      16th of Jan, 2008

I too was ripped off by broadbandoffers.com, I sent in everything they requested, on time and they did not even open my rebate envelope, they just wrote , "REFUSED", on the envelope and I received them back marked "returned to sender".

Does anyone have any current contact info for this company?, the only phone number I could find, on these message boards, rang once and then disconnects.

• Ji
      29th of Jan, 2008

I filed a complaint with the Office of Comsumer Affairs. We'll see if they can address these issues.
    Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs
    2 Martin Luther King Jr., Drive SE, Suite 356
    Atlanta, Georgia 30334-4600
    Telephone 404-656-3300

• He
      5th of Feb, 2008

I went through this painstaking process of submitting these rebate forms...sent them an email because I never received it..then they told me that it was mailed December 6th and that they expire January 28th and they cannot reissue another check after the checks have expired. I NEVER EVEN GOT THE CHECK! How do I know that I didn't receive the check due to their own negligence? How do I know they didn't misprint the address or...checked offthat they sent it to me even if they didn't?

the lady insisted that it was printed on the rebate form that they checks expired withing 60 days of when they were issued...here all this time i was waiting patiently for it to arrive because i know rebates can take forever! and i said to the lady on the phone...how am i supposed to even know it was sent out so i could cash it within 60 days anyway?? and she said well that is why they give us a tracking number...so I said...so I'm supposed to check that tracking every day to see if they check is mailed and then check EVERY day to see if I get the check??? and then contact them within 60 days so they can take FOREVER to send me ANOTHER check (if they ever even sent a check in the first place!) and then make sure to CASH it ALL within 60 days?? SCAM!!

do any of you know how to go about filing a class action law suit or reporting them to the better business bureau? I never have done anything like this before and I am appalled that such an unethical business has been running since 2003! PLEASE...if any of you are taking action on this...PLEASE let me know what I can do to help or what I can do to START! Thanks!

8th of Mar, 2008

hhhmm, I wonder what I did differently. I actually got my checks today, $100 for cable and $100 for internet. I submitted the rebates in December and this is now beginning of March. The terms of the rebate indicated 10-12 weeks, so it's right on. I was skeptical but figured I would give it a shot and worst case, I'm out two stamps.

8th of Mar, 2008

hhhmm, I wonder what I did differently. I actually got my two checks today, $100 for internet and $100 for cable. I submitted in December and this is March. The rebate terms indicated 10-12 weeks, and it's right on. I was skeptical about the company after reading these complaints but figured what the heck, give it a try, and worst case I'm out two stamps. Worked for me!

• Ra
      10th of Mar, 2008

Do not do business with this company. I have been trying to get resolve on a rebate sent on December 17th. I sent all three rebates with according forms on December 17th, 2007. All were sent using certified mail and all were recieved as I have delivery confirmation for each one. 2 of the 3 rebates were processed and for the third they tell me that they are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. My guess is that a large portion of the rebates do get delivered and get misdirected strait to the trash can... With this clause "not responsible for lost or misdirected mail" the company obsolves themselves from their apparent negligence. Accontability is not something that this company adheres to and it is very apparent that not only do they have a scam going but they have it protected by law.

• Wi
      11th of Mar, 2008

I sent everything needed for $79.00 modem rebate waited 10 weeks only for them to claim I sent nothing I could have bought the same modem at curcuit city for $20.00 CLASS ACTION PLEASE.

13th of Mar, 2008

I sent in 2 rebate form for 49.95 and 125.oo on the same day. However, they only said they received the 49.95 but not the 125.oo. such a rip off because i did everything i was told to do. Honestly, they don't want to give me the rebate for the 125.oo.DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BROADBAND OFFERS.

• Va
      21st of Mar, 2008
    BroadbandOffers.com - No rebate!
    BroadbandOffers.com
    5200 East Airport Drive door 41
    Ontorio, 91761
    California
    www.broadbanfoffers.com

I paid for the Motorola Cable Modem #SB5101BB with a rebate $89.95. I had hard time to find out how to get the rebate forms which never got one, couldn't even print out, end up my time is ran out!!! It's a ripoff.

• Co
      24th of Mar, 2008
    BroadbandOffers.com - Scam and rip off!
    BroadbandOffers.com
    Colorado
    www.broadbandoffers.com

I purchased my modem through broadbandoffers.com and now Comcast is claiming I am leasing it from them. I don't have my receipt and when I looked online to get a number to talk to someone about getting a copy I couldn't find any contact information. And they don't keep copies of their receipts!!! What kind of company is this? I am now paying double for a modem I already purchased.

• Mo
      8th of Apr, 2008

i GOT RIPPED OFF TOO!

21st of Apr, 2008

Broadband offers is a fraud. They claim to send 80$ rebate on modem and 75$ cash back on internel & cable service here in california. It's been 6 months and hvn't received anything from them. Today I called up and ladies at the phone told me that nov offers are all closed and they can't help it. They falsely claim to have sent me an email with cash-back forms.

Total shame! I don't know why comcast has a deal with them...

29th of May, 2008

Yeah I actually just signed up yesterday, but I'm fairly confident from everything I've read that my money is gone. I contacted them today and they said my order has already been processed so I can't cancel it but they told me I could refuse delivery. Basically I'm going to call DHL, refuse delivery of the package, and when they don't credit my account I'm going to call my bank and submit a fraud report. Hopefully I'll get my money back but I seriously doubt it. I'm going to do a little investigating and see if I can find a lawyer interested in taking on a class action...

29th of May, 2008

Go here and file a complaint so that we can try and start a class action:

• M
      26th of Jun, 2008

I am having a great deal of difficulty with this company as well. They are terrible and should be investigated by the Attorney General. I will be reporting them.

Time Warner also should be investigated and admonished for making their customers do business with Broadband Offers.