Broadband Offers / Scam and cheating

After being Bellsouth internet customers for many yrs., we decided to switch to Comcast due to the offer of $100 cash and full rebate of the modem ($89). We bought the modem March 08, 2008. After not hearing anything about the rebate for several months, I began emailing Broadbandoffers.com. We were told that there was no record of a modem being shipped to us many times. I kept telling them I had a mastercard statement with the purchase on it. Around August (5 months), I talked with someone over the phone at Broadband. She was the first person to validate there was a record of us purchasing the modem, BUT, it was now too late to get the rebate/cash back.

I contacted the state consumer board and the Attorney General's office. I had luckily kept most of the forms/emails from Broadband & Comcast confirming our switch to their internet and buying the modem. I talked again with someone named Michelle (who was nice) at Broadband & she told me she had talked with her supervisor and for me to again fax in the information I had. I told her I didn't have the bar code from the modem box (it was already sent in). After faxing in everything I had, I called her back and asked her if she got it & was it o.k., did she need anything else. She indicated no, I told her to let me know if I needed to send in something else. I also sent an email saying/asking to let me know if they needed something else. After some time and hearing nothing, we got a letter from the Attorney General's office with a copy of a letter from Broadband saying we had not sent in the requested information & that was why we hadn't got the rebate. This infuriated me after me asking if they had everything & emailing a note asking that also.

Today, after emailing Broadband, they said they needed all the information I had. So, I will send the information in for the third time!!! I am so disappointed & angry. But, I am determined that I will dog them until Broadband does the right thing and gives us the $189!

I just got an email (after I had emailed them with a copy sent to our Attorney General) and Broadband says they will 'escalate our email for further review'. They should have an answer for me in 5-7 days. It's been almost a year, so what's another week.

I hope no one else uses this company.

Me

Comments

M
  26th of Jun, 2008
Broadband Offers - Class action suit
Broadband Offers
www.broadbandoffers.com

I came to https://www.complaintsboard.com because of difficulty I am having with Broadband Offers in getting my refund, and I am appalled at how many other people have had trouble with this company over such a long period of time-- and that the company is still in business... and that Time Warner, Comcast, and other companies are directing their customers to them. Is there a good lawyer out there who would want to file a Class Action suit against them?

Je
  17th of Jul, 2008

I am contacting my State attorney general office with a complaint as well as submitting a small claim once I get their address. Does anybody have the mailing address and current phone number?

Je
  22nd of Jul, 2008

Ok, so after I sent an email to using the link below to track the status of my rebate saying that I was going to submit a small claim and send the soft and hard copy to the state AG I was given the phone number to call. The people there are very helpful, so be civil and you should get results. Be prepared with copies of all the items associated with the rebate offer...mine was for an iPod and they needed a copy of my statement to show I had ordered the services I had claimed.

Broadbandoffers.com phone number 1-877-668-7221

Me
  29th of Aug, 2011

I have submitted all the document I had to Broadband offers and they said they sent the rebate to me however the mail returned to them...WTF..they send the modem as well, they send the bill as well...all the bill goes OK and only rebate is going back to them...

NEVER EVER NEVER shop with this website ever ever ever again please people.

THEY ARE CHEATING TO GET MONEY FROM YOU.