Broadband National / Comcast Subscription Rebate / Rebate was rejected!

1 2770 Indian River Blvd., Suite 501Vero Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (772) 564-9871

I have subscribed for Comcast Cable TV and broadband internet service through BroadbandNational.com website which promised a rebate if the order is submitted through them. Later, I submitted the rebate form to BroadBand National, which was rejected with the following reason: "The service provider is showing a different company as Affiliate of Record for your service order, therefore, the order placed through Broadband National is not a valid service order." I called Comcast and found out that they do not keep "Affiliate of Record" details for the service orders, so the rejection reason wasn't true.

I called then Broadband National customer service, and was told that the reason was a duplicate order on my file (not the same as was written on a rejection postcard), and for that reason I cannot get a rebate. But - the duplicate order was entered by BBN representative!

Thanks,
Dmitry Pogrebnov.

Comments

• Sc
      28th of Dec, 2007

Have you tried to contact BBB to get your rebate or how about the FTC?

Pablo

• Ji
      31st of Dec, 2007

My rebates are also denied for same excuses. Every time I called, different excuses. I don't think they intend to pay.

I filed BBB and FTC complaints today.

• Je
      9th of Jan, 2008

I work for BBN and Comcast actually has nothing to do with the rebates at all so they wouldn't be able to help you. If you call 1-866-299-1833, thats the new customer service number and they'll be able to help you. We didn't used to have a customer service office so when something happened with the rebates it was really anyone's guess what went wrong. Call that number and tell them that you want to escalate the problem to the VP and you'll get your money. Hope that helps!

• Bh
      11th of Jan, 2008

I had the same frustrating experience today. Spoke with supervisor Charlene (ID: 643) from BBN @ (866) 299-1833. She said that there was a "duplicate order." How is that even possible when I made exactly one phone-call for this? Looks like a scam! I will call Comcast and then BBN again to escalate the issue. Any of the others have any luck with this??

• Ge
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I agree completely. Don't deal with these people. The rebate amounts I found when I went to the Comcast site were much lower than what I had been quoted by Broadband. Broadband National also didn't place an order with Comcast at all. At least Comcast told me they couldn't find any record of it. Seems like a complete scam to me. I am disputing the cahrges and cancelling the order/returning the equipment.

• St
      19th of Feb, 2008

rebates are miss leading ,they lead you to other sites, that spam you and scam you. If it can not be up front and honest I don"t want the services .And may even try to set up a class action suit.

• Di
      16th of Mar, 2008

OMG this is a nightmare. Please someone help me with info on how to return the equipment that I stupidly bought through BBN!!!! I already cancel my high speed internet with Comcast and they will only take the equipment they sent me. I don't know what to do with the other equipment since I got it from BBN. I saved the order form and receipt and tried to call the number on the receipt but I get disconnected every time !!! It's driving me crazy and really upset at this point. What can I do please???