Brittish National Lottery / Fraudulent lottery winnings!

I was told to contact a certain courier company and give them my personal info along with the "secret" number so I could claim my 750,000 pounds sterling(I guess thats what that funky symbol is). After a little research, I found there is no "Brittish" Nat'l Lottery. I would guess that when I contacted the number given, they would in turn ask me for money so they could send me my "winnings."--- Do people really fall for this crap!

N  13th of Feb, 2008 by
British National Lottery,28 Tan Field Road,Croydon,London.Ref: UK/9420X2/68Batch: 074/05/ZY369 Dear Selected winner, We are pleased to inform you of the final announcement today, 7th ofFebuary , 2008 of winners of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY ONLINEPROMOPROGRAMME,held on the 29th of December, 2007.You have therefore beenapproved for a lump sum payout of £852,000 (Eight Hundred and Fifty TwoThousand Pound Sterling) in cash redited to file XYL/26510460037/04.To filefor your claim, please contact our claims agent Barr Larry Brain.Email: barrlarrybrain2010@yahoo.co.ukFor more information do call : +44 70457 69102 Provide him with the information below:1.Full Name:2.Full Address:3.Marital Status:4.Occupation:5.Age:6.Sex:7.Nationality8.Country Of Residence:9.Telephone Number: Thank you for being part of our online promotional lottery program. Yours Truly,Sir Steven Smith.
N  13th of Feb, 2008 by
wt r that and why u lat some bady use ur wep if that really i need my mony frome u for i will be get all that peopel
A  28th of Oct, 2008 by
Over the last couple of weeks I have recieved the same email from "Sir Steven Smith" that we had won 852, 000 in Euros from the UK National Sweepstakes lottery. Random and computerized selection Raffle No. 56475600545 188 Serial #5388/02 with winning Number 05-11-13-17-44-48-(25). It asked for verification of name, adress, country, age, gender, Occupation, Telephone and ID Card to the fudiciary agent. I gave them all of the above using my driver's licence as the card #. Mr. Larry Brain was listed as the ( Reference Officer)
tel.: +44 70457 58767.
Later I got a directive to contact the email # of a Mr. Clive Ferguson globmaxcustomerunit08@live.com or call +4470359 12116 re: order # AT4532678Bw. After asking for over $850 American dollars for Insurance and shipping I got a Clue. I hope this helps someone else catch these guys.