[Resolved] Brittain Family FarmHorrible breeder

Kim brittain is a horrible breeder we wanted to adopt a shih tzu from her, she prove to be c ery unfriendly, dishonest and shady after reaching an agreement on puppy and price she waited to have deposit to send us an email to tell us she will no longer sell us the puppy. Then refused to communicate about our deposit. She blocked us and we are not even sure f we will get our money back . Very bad experience i would suggest people to be very careful sending her money because next thing you may be like us wondering iwhat happened to the puppy and your money

• Resolution statement

It’s been a while but I wanted to post that my complaint with mrs Brittain was resolved shortly after the review was written. The deposit was fully refunded to me . In the end of the day it’s her decision to whom she adopts her dogs and she doesn’t own anyone an explanation to why she will or won’t agree to adopt a dog to them . I continue to follow her page afterwards and have to admit that I have only seen people experience positive experience with her and her love for her dogs . In the end of the day the fact that she has such healthy and well adjusted Pups and dogs it’s all that’s important.

Ec
Jan 11, 2015

Comments

• Di
      Jan 14, 2015

She did the same thing to me over a great pyreneese puppy. After she verbally abused me over the phone and decided not to sell me a puppy, now she won't return my deposit even though she said she would because SHE didn't want to sell me a dog. I think she is running a side business of stealing people's deposits. She was really nice at first and then I sent in my deposit and she turned into a crook with obvious mental health issues. I would strongly discourage anyone from purchasing a dog from them.

• Di
      Jan 21, 2015

On my earlier comment, I do not want to infer that this breeder is running any kind of side business as I believe that to be an unfair assumption, nor can I make an assumption about her mental health (I hardly know her). I am only complaining on behalf of one experience that was very upsetting to me. It is obvious that this breeder works very hard at the farming and breeding business she runs. However, I will say that she was very hurtful to me in how she handled refusing to sell us a dog and then refused to return the deposit after she said she would. Perhaps she will still refund it, although it has been quite a while now. I would have edited this comment immediately after writing it as I was upset at the time I wrote it hastily, but this website sent me an email saying they won’t allow removal or editing of comments.

• Wp
      Feb 29, 2016

This breeder is the epitome of a "wolf dressed in sheep's clothing"! Very dishonest, breached our contract!!

Mar 28, 2016

Ms. Clark,
    I chose not to rehome our Rose to you for very good reasons after taking your deposit. I did return your deposit. I reserve the right to choose who we place a puppy or dog with. I'm sorry you are angered by my change ofind, but I did not feel placing Rose in your family was in her best interest.
    Kim

Mar 28, 2016

Disgruntledtoo,
    I am uncertain by your ID who you are. If I refused to sell you a puppy there was a very good reason. Deposits are non refundable, however, if I make the decision to turn away a family I would have returned your deposit. If you did not receive it, please contact me.
    Thank you!

• Do
      Jul 16, 2016

We purchased two puppies from Kim for1, 400dollars and after5days we decided we could not handle2puppies at one time so we called Kim if she would be interested in buying a puppy back from us.she said she would rehome the puppy for a rehomeing fee so we returned the puppy.a couple of weeks later we contact ed here to see how it was going and she said she had people coming from Tennessee to get the puppy on Saturday and she would send us a check for250.00on Mon.I ask her how much she got for the dog and how much she got for a rehomeing fee. She got upset with us and block us.I have called her twice and left her a very polite message asking her to call me.she has not called back and not sent us any money back.she has our700.00and our dog we can not believe she would act this way.all we can say is buyer be ware.

• Ra
      Jul 17, 2016

We purchased two puppies from Kim and took one back because she said she would rehome it for us for a rehomeing fee.she sold the puppy and has not return any money and she blocked us.she has700.00dollars of our money

• Ra
      Jul 20, 2016

Reciveid a check from Kim today for250.00for our puppy.Thank you

Sep 22, 2016

RayandDona,
    Your agreement with me clearly stated with me that we will take back our puppy at anytime. It does not communicate that I will refund any of your purchase price, but because you made the decision to return one puppy so quickly I agreed to return his rehoming fee to you once I could find another home for him. In your original complaint you left off the part about how long I cared for him waiting for a new family to show interest, but still gave you his rehoming fee and you didn't mention that you were extremely displeased that I could only get a fraction of what you purchased him for by rehoming him and that you were badgering me almost daily regarding that, which is why I discontinued communication with you. I did send you his rehoming fee. Thank you for correcting that and had you been a little more patient and allowed time for me to get that to you once puppy was rehome there would be no complaint to begin with :(.

• Mo
      Nov 06, 2016

I do not agree with this practice at all because tons of Pyrs and shih tzu's are dying in shelters everyday because of breeders like her who breed continually. And by reading these other reviews she seems to be a crook!!!

Apr 14, 2017

@Morrrrgan_ My puppies are not in shelters or rescue and not every family is capable of handling a puppy that's been handed down and not bred carefully by responsible breeders.

• Jm
      Apr 24, 2017

I work in an industry where my company is subject to online abuse and as long as you deal with the public, you WILL come across these kinds of folks.
    In my experience, there is always MORE to the story than the accuser is telling you. They are framing the complaint in hopes that you'll be outraged enough to miss the other side of the story and aid their mission to damage/hurt the accused's reputation - it borders on libel.
    I have purchased - on two separate occasions - Shih Tzu puppies from the Brittain Family Farm. Kim and her family were absolutely WONDERFUL through the entire process.
    You can see how much she cares for the puppies - and because of this, I am considering a third puppy as of this writing.
    I normally do not engage in, nor take the time to post reviews online - but since others have felt the need to post half-truths (at best), I felt the need to clear the record.