British Lottery Board / e-Lottery Syndicate / Fake emails!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I am receiving emails from persons named James Keegan and George Harris stating that i have won some email lottery of £45000. Here s the email,

The National Lottery
Ref: XYL /[protected]/07
Batch: 60/00611/SAT

GENUINE WINNING NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw (#1194) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,
online Sweepstakes International program held on Saturday 02 June 2007.
Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: [protected] with Serial number 7403/07 drew the lucky numbers: [protected] (Bonus ball) which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e. match 5. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £402,863 (Four Hundred And Two Thousand, Eight Hundred And Sixty-Three Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file XYL /[protected]/07.

This is from a total cash prize of £1,611,448 (One Million, Six Hundred And Eleven Thousand, Four Hundred And Forty-Eight Pounds Sterling) shared among the Four (4) lucky winners in this category i.e. match 6. Although tickets were not sold, all participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations and co-operate bodies that are listed online.

This promotion takes place twice weekly (Wednesdays and Saturday). Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your £402,863 (Four Hundred And Two Thousand, Eight Hundred And Sixty-Three Pounds Sterling) would be released to you by our payment office in UK.

Our Fiduciary agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate

To file for your claim, please contact your fiduciary agent immediately by replying to this email or the email below.

Agents Name: James Keegan
Email: Agent03@national-lotterycentral.com
Tel: +[protected]
**********************************************************

To avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your
reference/batch numbers in any correspondences with us or our designated
agent.

NOTE: Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner.

Congratulations once more from all members and staff of this program.

Cordially,

SIR GEORGE HARRIS
Online Coordinator
BRITISH LOTTERY BOARD

Comments

Ri
  10th of Jul, 2007

Hello,

Below is a copy of an email I have received. Can somebody tell me if this is a scam? Also, is there any legitimate lotteries that really do randomly pick email addresses out and send real prize money?

Regards
Rita Mawhinney

Subject: WINNER VERIFICATION FORM { FILL AND RETURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE}

To: vicmawhinney@yahoo.com.au
Ref: EAASL/941OYI/02/SHYN
Batch: 12/25/0034

BRITISH LOTTERY OFFICE

Congratulations once again from all the staff here, you are expected to follow the directives that I shall be giving to you in order to claim your winning and verify your winnings, we need your particulars for record purposes, Attached here is a copy of our winner's verifications claims form, please you are expected to fill accordingly and send immediately back to us, so we can proceed with your winnings, you are also expected to send this form within 24 hours so as not to cause any unnecessary delay. Once again congratulations from all the staff.

You are advice to print out this form and fill with your own hand writting. sign the colum provided for you. there is a space for office use only, do not touch.
Fill scan it back and send it back to us via email as soon as possible.

Regards,
Dr. Robert paige
Tel +447045703125
Claims and verification agent.

You are adviced to forward these informations as soon as possible to
enable us attend to your file. scan copy of your ID card or international passport or driving lisence. is also require for full verification.

You must be 16 or over to play or claim any price

Je
  10th of Jul, 2007

Of Course they're SCAMS... in the biggest way!!! Those emails are known as Phishing!!!

DON'T EVER GIVE THEM INFORMATION, nor fall prey to anything they offer...

Think of the saying "if it sounds too good, it probably is"... it holds true to so many many things... And this is definitely one of them!!!

Ab
  20th of Jul, 2007

I have this week received three such emails alerting me of my success in a recent Microsoft promotional lottery draw.Given the large amounts (1,000,000,500,000 & 400,000) quoted as my prizes,I became highly suspicious then sought for assistance. That's how I started looking for authenticity of these mails through internet. Am now convinced that a con group is on the loose to make quick, illicit fortunes by demanding payments to facilitate the transfers of the purposed prizes to the supposed winners. They all asked me to deposit 2,500 pounds into a barclays bank account before they can transfer my prize. Since I was born in Africa where poverty sits pretty, I have never touched or owned any money to the tune of 2,500 pounds. Where would I have gotten this one they are asking for?Woe unto them.

Me
  10th of Sep, 2007

Whom am I to report such scams?

Me
  10th of Sep, 2007

Whom am I to report these scams?

Sh
  19th of Oct, 2007

Today I received an email . I do not know the extent of his health?
I want to know how true this e-mail in question? This is the e-mail..

The National Lottery

Ref: XYL /2651040103/07

Batch: 60/00611/SAT

GENUINE WINNING NOTIFICATION

&nb sp;

We happily announce to you the draw (#1194) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, 2007 Online Sweepstakes International program. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 43855600514852 with Serial number 7403/07 drew the lucky numbers: 01 10 33 35 38 43 34 (Bonus ball) which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e. match 5. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £402,863 (Four Hundred And Two Thousand, Eight Hundred And Sixty-Three Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file XYL /2651040103/07.

This is from a total cash prize of £1,611,448 (One Million, Six Hundred And Eleven Thousand, Four Hundred And Forty-Eight Pounds Sterling) shared among the Four (4) lucky winners in this category i.e. match 6. Although tickets were not sold, all participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations and co-operate bodies that are listed in online directories.

This promotion takes place twice weekly (Wednesdays and Saturday). Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your virtual play coupon. In view of this, your £402,863 (Four Hundred And Two Thousand, Eight Hundred And Sixty-Three Pounds Sterling) would be released to you by our payment office in UK.

Our Fiduciary agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program, Please be warned.

Agents Name: Rev. James Keegan

Email: Agent003@national-lotterycentral.com
Tel: +44 70457 21880

**********************************************************

To avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your reference/batch numbers in any correspondences with us or our designated agent.

Congratulations once more from all members and staff of this program.

Cordially,

24th of Oct, 2007

I received same e-mail.

Ni
  1st of Dec, 2007

I too got the same email!

Un
  17th of Dec, 2007

I Received an email like this U are the winner of British lottery board. in this email name of co-ordinater is Dr.Stella Robert & name of lottery manger is Dr. jayne Anderson ,connect email id :
Email: consultant.claimsdept7@hotmail.co.uk
Fax Number: 44 707 570 7600

So tell me i am really winer of British lottery board. Pls replay on my email.

Yours faithfully,
swastik sunil sawant.

Ka
  24th of Jan, 2008

I also recive an email telling me i was a winner , they also ask me in the last mail for almost (eight hundred pounds) and another for (four hundred pounds). For a Dr, Briggs.

I am concern about this mail and i would like o know who i can be sure of this spams or to avoid them inmidiatly.

On
  4th of Apr, 2008

Dear Sir,
I am given to understand through drake.norman@hotmail.com e-mails that I am the winner of MUSL e-mail lottery and have been asked to contact the following courier services Trans-UK Global Courier Service (e-mail: transukglobal_courier@yahoo.com ) for delivery of my prize money. I fall back to you for verifying the authenticity of the various mailers in this connection. I would be looking forward to yours verification and guidance by the return mail.
Thanking you so very much for taking this pain for me.
Yours sincerely,
OS Negi

Os
  2nd of Jun, 2008

Dear friends:

I received a comunicacion from Mrs. Joseph Patricia. Lottery Co-Ordinator. She told me that I won the sum of 850.000, 00 pounds sterlings. Do you have any relationships with this person?.

Re
  17th of Jun, 2008

REF No: NL-L/200-26937
BATCH No:2005MJL-01

As
  24th of Jul, 2008

i have also received the mail & fax all the details now what can happen the worst

Sa
  13th of Aug, 2008

I received an e-mail in Swaziland and was told I had won 820 000 British pounds.I was asked to foward my details and Barclays Bank is going to transfer the money to me.Is it true.

Us
  18th of Oct, 2008

Hi I received the below email from Mrs.Silifat Ali, should I believe this email, please help.Is it a fraud email?Please let me asap because I have been getting the same emails continously for the past 6days.

Dear Beloved,

How are you? I hope all is well with you?Iam suffering from cancer, I am from Rashdiya Northern Baghdad, Iraq. and I want to fun you some amount which i request you to spend in helping the poor what you are to do now is to contact our family lawyer.

Contact our family lawyer with this specified email address Barrister Thomas Thompson (ESQ) Email:(thomasthompsonesq2006@live.com) Tell him that I have WILLED the fund to you which is £10Million Pounds Sterling by quoting my personal reference number Law/chamber/solicitors/rt/Silifat/983452008 and I have also notified him that I am WILLING that amount to you for a specific and good work.

The moment you contact my lawyer, Kindly notify me, send me a mail to know where you are from, age and occupation,

Remain blessed.
Your Sister,
Mrs.Silifat Ali

Ah
  5th of Nov, 2008

i received amessage from british lottery i send thim my name and my address ..i receied aphone call from them by aprivate number i will not send them any thing but i was hopping i will took the money i send them i cannot pay anything and they can take the money from the prize 1000000 they hadnot reply until now iam waiting iam sure will not be areply but just saying have alittle faith ... waiting 4 ur reply to me at my em, ail

Lo
  1st of Mar, 2010

E-lottery syndicates.

I have had some promotional literature from someone promoting e-lottery syndicates membership. This costs £5 per member to join a 49 person syndicate that has 44 plays per draw in the UK lotto.

The e-lottery playing method is based on claims of 'improved odds' but no matter how many times I have checked this, the claims don't stand up. The method used causes 38 of the 44 plays to have only one chance to match 5 numbers - a loss of about 83% of the normal chances. This further reduces the 4 and 3 number match chances for those 38 panels. Only six panels out of 44 can therefore match the lotto numbers but you have to have 5 numbers all the same in those six because of the way the numbers are played.

Your odds are therefore worse using the e-lottery method, plus you pay over twice the normal cost of a lotto ticket. No wonder they need to promote it with dubious claims and let members 'play for free' if they recruit others. A classic pyramid scheme.

Sh
  8th of Mar, 2010

Hi this was sent to my mother please could someone follow up on this i will on time to time i will come and check what is the follow up on this email. Thanks

-------Original Message-------

From: British & Northern Ireland Int. Com. Program
Date: 22/02/2010 10:52:36 AM
Subject: ATTACHED IS THE COPY OF YOU’RE WINNING NOTIFICATION LETTER

ATTACHED IS THE COPY OF YOU’RE WINNING NOTIFICATION LETTER

====
Notice:-
This e-mail message and any attached files is confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) holder of this email
box. Therefore be advice not to disclose anything about your winning
Prize Award to public notice or third party until your money is
successful handed over to you’ to avoid disqualification that may arise
from double claim. You may also receive similar e-mails from people
portraying to be other Organizations. This is solely to collect your
personal information from you and lay claim over your winning. In event
that you receive any e-mail similar to the notification letter that was
sent to you, kindly delete it from your mail box and give no further
correspondence to such person or body. We shall not be held responsible
for any loss of fund arising from the above mentioned

Ha
  27th of Feb, 2012

I received this e-mail...must be scam!
I am Mrs Jennifer James the head consultant of the British Lottery Board, this is your final reminder, since we notify you on January 2 and we gave you reminder on January 25 about your winning of Two Million Great British Pounds in the 2012 British Lottery which your email address have won for you, we have not get any responce from you, so i have to deposite your winning Cheque of 2, 000, 000, 00GBP to an offshore account in the Triodos Bank here in the United Kingdom, all you need to do now is for you to make contact with the triodos bank with this verification code (W11062011), and they will give you instructions on how they will transfer the funds to you from the Offshore account to your personal account in your country.You have to contact them immediately, because you have less than 7days to cliam your prize, so contact the triodos bank immediately with their information below. * Your Full Name:* Your Home Address:* Home Phone Number:* Cell Number:* Date Of Birth:* Martial Status:* Your Occupation: Triodos Bank United KingdomEmail: transferdepttriodosbnk@murchona.comPhone Number: Tel +(44) 7045 731 351Account Officer : Mr Brown Gate Best RegardsMrs Jennifer James