British Airways / stolen items!

Somewhere on a flight from Nairobi to London to Boston in July 2006, a camera was stolen from my luggage. British Airways claimed they had no responsibility. Subsequently my daughter also had items stolen from locked luggage also passing through London. How can BA claim no responsibility when items are in luggage when checked and gone when retrieved? And why aren't they doing more to find what appears to be systemic stealing?

Comments

11th of Oct, 2007

I traveled from Heathrow to Glasgow with British airways,a 55 minute flight!they couldn't get that right.my luggage was left at Heathrow for 2 days, my camera and watch were stolen from my locked case, my son who wasn't yet 2 years old had a small case which was left out in the rain it was socked through,this was July 2007, British airways have only just contacted me to say nothing can our will be done about any of this. I will pursue my case all the way, I would not recommend British airways to anyone nor would I fly with them again. There service has disgusted me, they implied it was my own fault for having valuables in my case. I have stared legal proceedings.