Bristol West Insurance Group / Insurance Auto

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I had a 2004 Honda Element stolen from me, driven to NY, crashed, & left by the side of the road. One of the three that stole the car called my stepson and told him they did it & where the car was. He call a friend of a friend & had it towed to a shop to get it repaired. I had full coverage Insurance & notified my Company & they sent an adjuster. That's where it ended. I called with no return answers, months went by, the garage charged over $7000 in storage, & my bank went up & repo'd my car. I had it mostly paid off. I eventualy got a local Lawyer to help, when my insurance co. found that out, they quickly jumped in to pay for the accident claim on the other car, & my attorney dropped my case saying they don't handle just property loss. I feel like I have been raped. No one will help me. The Sherriff Dept. will not call me back either to pursue Grand Theft Auto (Detective Greenburg). After all this, it's been almost two years & I'm without help. I even know the names of the three that stole my car; Patricia Gridley, Linsey Ashworth, & some vietnamese boy named Hoant. I have been shuffled around way too much. I realy need help before it's too [protected]@gmail.com

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Mb
      4th of Aug, 2011
    Bristol West Insurance Group - Sucks
    Bristol West Insurance Group

I was uinsure with this company for the pass 6 months they will deduct my bill montly from my bank account so I dont have to worry about sending checks every month now I recive a final notice that I owe 90.90cents and If I dont pay it will go to collection I try to call and they have like 6 diferent phone # and every time you go to a ###in answerd machine I decide to call 411 information for bristol west insrance group and they are not listed in all orange county what don't ever deal with this funy names insurances groups when you need them thy are no there this company sucks !

• Sl
      19th of Aug, 2011
    Bristol West Insurance Group - I don't know what you want here
    Bristol West Insurance Group

I was in a car accident in January which was not my fault. My car was damaged on the front bumper. The ins. co. sent me to a local body shop who "worked closely" with them. The first estimate was less than $3000 and the adjuster told me the car would be fixed. Then the body shop took it apart and decided on another $6000 in damages and the ins. co. declared it totaled. They told me I couldn't have another estimate and that because the settlement was less than the lien that I had to sign the car over to them. They sent me a power of attorney and an envelope for the keys. The amount of their settlement, which I have not accepted, is less than $300 less than the lein but I was still told that I didn't have the option of keeping the car. So after paying car payments and insurance premiums faithfully for 5 years, now I have no car and no money. I couldn't even get my car from the body shop unless I paid them $1100 to put it back together when they were never authorized to fix it. I think it's a scam with the insurance co. and the body shop. I'm the only one losing here and I did nothing except drive my car thinking I was protected if someone happened to hit me.

• Ra
      25th of Jul, 2011
    Bristol West Insurance Group - This Company Should be out of buisness
    Bristol West Insurance Group

I had the most horriable expirence with these people. After i sold the car that they covered I cancelled the coverage. They continued to deduct a monthly premeium for 3 months after I had ended our buisness. I had to place a stop payment on them at my back to and my bank reimbursed me the amount. When you try to call them you get misinformation and unhelpful people. Then yesterday 2 years later I got the biggest surprise. I was buying a new truck yesterday and when they ran my credit they said I had something in collections. I make plenty of money and am one of those people who pays my bills I have never missed a payment on anything, so obviously this got my attention. I researched it and found it was from Bristol West Insurance group . When I called them today they told me that since it was in collections they would not talk about it. So I just paid another 130.00 for god knows what, so i could get this off my credit report. I never recieved a bill or a phone call or an email ANYTHING indicating that I owed any money. They have been negatively reporting on me for 2 years. I am furious, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!