Brinks Home Security Systems / video surveilance poor plan instal

1 PO Box 152235Irving, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18004450872

I had a security system installed just over a year ago. The system includes a regular electronic system as well as a video surveilance system The electronic system works well and there are no problems. Service is outstanding. The video surveilance department is unbelieveably difficult to work with and refuse to retun my calls as i have requested changes upon several occasions and if they would even just come out and revieww the sustem, ( preferablly, the supervisor to the agent that recommended the set up of the cameras and what she told me they would do and what i actually got were two different things. Their attitude was to 'Save me money", why because I am a young female? I own a home in an affluent neighborhood and had grand theft. I explained explicitly and without question that the system had to be very effective.

I have not been happy wtith the install since the date of install. When I explained my concerns initially they mad eexcuses and convinced me to believe that their rational was the best to offer and anything else would be overkill. The cameras wre not installedin strategically appropriate manner and they are visible. I have called Brimnks and have been consistently told the only relolution to the problem is to contact the office that installed the surveilance system. Whey will no longer deal with me. I have since has another robery when someone was in the home. If I move the cameras the warrenty and all related support services are then considered null and void. I have issues that reuire video surveilance recording so I am able to inform the authorities of unlawful activities occuring around and to my home.

I have called the corporate office and have been told the branch offices are independent and they have no connection with the surveilance units. Something is very wrong and I am at a wall. Can you help?

Frustrated and violated!

Sue

Comments

• Ka
      20th of Jun, 2008

There is no such thing as Customer Service at Brinks Security. I just had my system installed May, 2008 and there are problems. When I talked to the GM & District Mgr., they were verbally abusive to me and basically said that I couldn't do anything about it because I signed a contact. They put several holes in my drywall trying to install, 5 holes in my new patio door, and didn't clean up any of their mess. My home phone no longer works and my sliding patio door won't open because they have the connectors too close to the frame for it to slide. Yet, they don't see why I'm unhappy. They have damaged my home trying to install this (not what I call professional). The way they talk to their customers should be a crime. When I called to complain, they raised their voice to me and treated me like I was an idiot. If I had it to do again, I would have never called them (many people told me that have had them and didn't like them). One would expect better from them.

• De
      19th of Sep, 2008

I could not agree more about this company. You are paying for the Brinks name and nothing else! Brinks refuses to back you up or help when their "business partners" fail. We had 2 alarms go off this last tuesday night. I was very scared. I did not trigger the alarm so I knew something was wrong. Brinks called me. I told them to send someone and I sat for over an hour waiting... scared and freaked out. After an HOUR I was so mad! If something had been wrong, my children and I would be killed and who knows what else! I called Brinks and they said I would have to call the security company myself. I am sorry but why am I paying Brinks again?? So the RUDE Customer servicce lady gace me the number to call and it was disconnected. SO, I called brinks again and I was given a 1800 number by the next rude customer service lady. The 1800 number was a S@x line!! HELLO! How professional is that? I called Brinks yet a 3rd time and I was given yet another number. I called and got through but was told that I needed to leave a message and someone would get back with me. ... No one ever did. Brinks says that they are a dispatch company. They arent installation, security or anything else BUT a dispatch service. What a Joke! Anyone thinking of getting Brinks should reconsider! I have been let down and feel like Brinks is a joke! I could call the police myself.

Thanks Brinks! YOU SUCK!