Brinks Dusk-Dawn Light Model 7252 / faulty electrical and photocell

1 5209 CORNELL DRIVEIrondale, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 205-956-4086

Purchased brinks dust-dawn light model 7252 from walmart and had it installed by a licensed electrician. The light began to emit smoke from its top and giving off a smell of electrical burning after several months. The fire department was called and the light was removed. Brinks company was notified and had no explanation for this problem. Brinks did oblidge to send me another light fixture of the same exact model. Several months later this problem re-occurred with the replacement lamp. It is recommended that this light use a 100w halide bulb.

Comments

• Wh
      28th of Jul, 2013

I purchased 4 of these lights. 3 have failed. 2 had the photo cell go bad within a short period. 3 had the bulb go bad within a few days. Only 2 of the four are now working with the use of a 40 watt light bulb costing me 25 cents each. The original light bulb lasted about 1 week when they were susposed to last up TO 10, 000 HOURS.
    John White
    johnwhite6420@sbcglobal.net

25th of Oct, 2013

Recently I bought this light from Lowe'a from Woburn, MA I could use this for only 6 days and gone auto maticaly. Now never lights
    only display show piece at the main entrance of my house.some sought of a smell came out, went to buy another to replace Lowe's has refuse to sell this product. I paid $79+ for this and installed from Licensed electrition paid $85 to installed.I just want my money back

25th of Oct, 2013

I am agree with this person's complaint

• To
      26th of Jul, 2014

I bought 3 Dusk to Dawn light at Wal-Mart s few week ago ...now only one works properly..What should I do?? I do not have the boxes.

• To
      26th of Jul, 2014

I bought 3 Dusk to Dawn lights and Walmart in Crawfordsville, , Now only 1 works correctly

13th of Oct, 2014

Just purchased two 7212 lights and mounted them too high to reach the buttons to adjust the lights. Now since they wont come on unless i manually set them to on, I get a ladder and turn them on...ticked off!!

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2017

My light is orange and not bright led like advertised. What happens of the photocell goes out of if the ground is wrong. Or does it need the solar sensor during the day to charge. We set up and installed at night. It has not seen sunlight yet.

• Mo
      15th of Dec, 2017

I purchased one of these 3 years ago. Works PERFECTLY !! Lights up the entire 1/4 acre I needed it to. No complaints what-so-ever ! Installed it myself. Going to replace bulb/photo cell today after 3 years of continuous service. VERY satisfied with this product !