Bright White / misleading sales/marketing

1 Western Australia, Australia Review updated:

Online survey popped up my banking homepage about the bank and after completing the survey it promted me to website where it I get a complimentary product of free trial of bright white teeth whitening product valued at $88.78 AUSD and pay only for post and handling of $3.78 AUSD to be paid by credit card. This transaction was done 27th October, 2010. However, on the 8th November, 2010 Brightwhite charged me $88.78 plus the post & handling fee showed on my bank statement 5th November, 2010.

Meanwhile, I still haven't got the product, to this day. I contacted bright white's contact number in Australia numerous times, only answering machine I hear with the message of pls call on EST 9-7 pm Mon- Fri. I called 3 times 1:30 -2 pm EST yet office remains closed, NO PERSONNEL TO SPEAK TO. I want this transaction stopped as it is very misleading...

Ro

Comments

• Yo
      Nov 20, 2010

Hi. I read your complaint I work for one of the Major 4 Banks in Australia in call centre I receive numerous calls a day about this. You need to put something in writing email is fine but keep copy saying you want to cancel AND MUST SAY ALL RELATED COMPANIES ( as they have many marketing names) then under the credit card laws the bank is able to legally dispute any more debits from your card or account as this is unauthorised. In my experience with customers you will keep receiving ongoing charges so do this ASAP. I am not at work at the moment but I have ph number you can call in Aust (AND I have spoken with them on customers behalf) so I dont have number here but remeber it is called Global Support and is a Brisbane ph number. Also if you can go on the site again and usually under privacy will be opt details or email contact. Hope this helps

• Ms
      Nov 20, 2010

The only way to stop these people is to cancel your card... same thing happening here in the UK. So far our bank has been very helpful but we are still missing over £100 from our account. Think the company is American but who can tell. The popup here was asking us to take part in a Yahoo survey and we could choose a free gift by way of thank you. Paid the shipping of £2.49 and 9 days later we got billed for £56 on a NovaPay Account and then another £50.09 was taken. We are waiting to hear if we can get our money back.

Nov 23, 2010

Never write back to scam companies. Call your bank and fill out the necessary form to report the charge as fraud. You bank will retrieve your money. In some cases you may need to cancel the card in order to prevent them from trying again under another name. You are not helpless, and you owe the scam company nothing. If you were unaware of the charges they are fraud no matter what the company claims.

• Ms
      Nov 23, 2010

Bank have been great we will get all our money back. Police not interested even though our bank told us to contact them. Marty you are so right we owe the scammers nothing - will keep you posted as I'm not letting this rest...

• Ag
      Nov 30, 2010

can you give me email adress please as i need to contact wit them ?