Bright White teeth whitening system / never received &free trial &

1 1269 N Wood Dale RdWood Dale, IL, United States Review updated:

While browsing on the internet one day, I ran across an advertisement for a "free trial" of Bright White teeth whitening solution. All I had to pay was the $4.99 s/h by credit card. If I did not cancel withing 14 days(14 days from what date I wasn"t sure) I would be charged $78.95 on my credit card. I never received my "free trial" of the product and subsequently forgot that I had even ordered it. I do often order "free" stuff from the internet. While sitting and cleaning at my computer several weeks later, I found a note with the toll free number to call and cancel the Bright White within 14 days. I immediately called, fearing the 14 days were certainly passed. I still had not received any product at this time but was told that my credit card had already been billed the $78.95. It is very difficult to talk to someone whom you can barely understand(the outsourced customer service representative) and only knows how to read from the script. He just kept saying I should have called within the 14 days to cancel and that he did not have the ability to refund my money. I am very upset that I am paying for a product that I never received to have the opportunity to try. I do understand
policies, but sometimes I believe there are to be exceptions. Thank you for this opportunity.
Terri Grissom tgrissom23@gmail.com

More Bright White teeth whitening system Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      22nd of May, 2009

What happened to all the complaints on here about Bright White? My credit card was billed $88.97 and I never received the product. I never said I wanted it...just the trial version. I want my money back.

• Xm
      9th of Jun, 2009

I also was suckered it to the trial offer. I find several of their methods fraudulent. One is that the ad that states that if you use these two different products you will get these great results. The ad leads me to believe that they were two different companies and two different products when in fact they are one in the same. Both in on the scam together. Probably the same product as well. I did not notice the additional 78 dollars they would charge monthly as well. It should be stated on top so it would have been clear to see. It is in the fine print. Who in their right mind would agree to 160.00 in teeth whiting products every month? On my statement I am being billed from three different companies for this scam. When I received the product it did not have anything in the packaging to state that I agree for them to keep sending the product or a termination clause. Now to the most disturbing factor of the scam. My credit card MasterCard will not allow me to dispute the additional charges. When did the credit card companies take this right away from us? This scam is reported to the FCC and the credit card company stated to me that there are many complaints (Many) but they will not allow me to dispute the charges. Why? Well my educated guess is that if they had to dispute all the cases being reported the credit card company would have to terminate the relationship with Bright Teeth and Easy White (One Ad Two Companies) losing that revenue. We as consumers are being scammed and our credit card companies are not putting a stop to it. It makes no sense, unless they do not want to lose that revenue from Bright Teeth and Easy White. What to do. File a complaint with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, FCC, POST TO AS MANT SITES AS YOU CAN WITH A COMPLAINT. SOMEONE SHOULD FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT. The most important cancel your relationship with the credit card company that takes your right away to dispute a charge. Especially a company that has so many complaints against them. MasterCard you should be ashamed of your stand on this matter. When did you stop backing your cardholders? When you got in on the scam? If any one knows of an attorney to take on this scam please post. Bright Teeth is only in business as of May 2 2009 in Florida and EasyWhite shows no listing in Boulder CO.

MASTERCARD - WHY WOULD I ORDER NOT ONE, NOT TWO BUT THREE WHITING APPLICATIONS FOR JUST ONE PERSON AT AN UNREASONABLE $240 US DOLLARS MONTH? YET YOU WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO DISPUTE THIS? ARE YOU IN ON THE SCAM?

MasterCard - Not Understanding – Not In My Wallet

I was a 20 Year Mastercard holder. WAS.

An X- MasterCard Holder

• As
      31st of Jul, 2009

I paid the $4.99 and was not aware that I would receive an almost $80 charge on my debit card. Not only that they sent me another one and charged me almost $90! I sent the product back and they are refusing to give me my money back for it!!
    This is such a scam for a tiny amount of teeth whitening gel that doesn't even work.
    I have sent a compliant to the Attorney Generals Office. If you want something done I suggest you do the same. I don't know what they'll do if they receive so many complaints about this company, but its worth a shot!!

24th of Aug, 2009

READ the fine print. DO NOT BE SUCKERED INTO THIS MIRACLE "MOM's story" It is the biggest SCAM . .. crock out there. You will be charged for things that you definitely didn't agree to. It is not JUST shipping that youwill pay for. Dazzle white was a little more reasonable to deal wtih by Britesmile is HORRIBLE. There customer service is horrible . . .they will not give you a refund even though you didn't agree to receiving further product. For which I never did receive even the trial offer but still ended up paying almost $100 dollars canadian for nothing. BEWARE and stay away from the Mom's miracle teething whitening secret.

• Ct
      23rd of Jan, 2010

Visa denied me as well, saying the terms are there to cover the scammers, I'll be canceling my card too

• Ej
      5th of Aug, 2010

Ok, I found the actual way to cancel...do not mess with calling because you will get the run around and will most likely have to deal with an intentionally bad phone line. Once I emailed them, I got a response within TWO minutes that it was cancelled. Of course, I also mentioned that I knew they were under investigation by the Florida Attorney General and would be contacting the police if I had ANY further charges. I also submitted a complaint to the Florida AG and contacted my bank about blocking charges and getting a new debit card. ANYWAY, here is what you need to do to cancel.

Send email to customersupport@xmbrands.com

Subject: Immediate Trial Cancellation

Body: reason for cancellation

Password: I gave them the one I got from the online rep AND the one from the shady email

Order Number

*Again, I got a response that my order was cancelled within 2 minutes. Literally.

If you want to contact the Florida AG as well, go to

• Er
      6th of Sep, 2010

I was also scammed. I am contacting my bank tomorrow, they are closed today. Their payment is pending.
    I was assured, after sending replies from two of their agents, that my account had been cancelled within the 10 days.
    Eric

• Pe
      11th of Sep, 2010

i paid 1.94 for free trial then charged 57.79 pounds next day from my debitcard never order it never got it pete

• Sc
      12th of Sep, 2010

i also was scammed. my debit card was hit three times ($1.51, 3.94, and 40.74 on 8/17, 8/27 and 9/9/10) Nothing has come in the mail. I cvannot find any way to contact them. Help?

• Db
      15th of Sep, 2010

I was scammed also. The same story above happened to me!!! I closed my bank account and opened a new one.

• Mr
      17th of Sep, 2010

I am a very weary person of scams, I got this deal from my news page on line, I read all the info, for 3.87 I will get a trial and you have 10 days to cancel this trial offer or your credit card will be charged 87.47. I received my trial and over the weekend I noticed on my bank account a pending of 87.47. That Monday I called the company and told them they charged my bank account in error, they then apologized and said I would be getting a refund back to my account. I called the next day and they told me it would be 15 business days for my refund, I yelled and screamed about that and they told me too bad. I called the next day again to check on my refund status, then the next day, the still assured me it would take 15 business days, no worries. I called again today and they told me they decieded not to give me my refund, because they felt it was a valid charge. I had already cancelled my card and reopened up under a different account number, so thats probably why they wouldn't give me a refund they realized they couldn't charge my account again, I have filed fraud charges against them and my bank is going after their bank, but boy WHAT A SCAM and I FELL INTO IT. I am no in the process of calling the online news who put up their ad. I will not stop until they are completly exposed!!! they picked the wrong girl

• Db
      17th of Sep, 2010

We should do something about this scam! What should we do?

• Ba
      20th of Sep, 2010

I was also scamed I have recieved 2 charges against my credit card each of £60.00 I have tried everything to stop it my card company just want me to contest each debit after 90 days and by which time another charge has appeared on my statement HOW THE HELL DO YOU STOP IT

• We
      21st of Sep, 2010

I am so scared! I got scammed by the bright white and hurried to cancel the other before that got me to. She gave me a cancellation number as proof but how do I know this is actually cancelled? I really cannot afford it to charge my account! Also, I emailed and called bright white and have been unable to get through. Is my only way out to cancel my credit card?? (unfortunately my bank account!?) This is unacceptable and horrible. We have to do something!

• Di
      28th of Sep, 2010

I saw the ad that said Dont break the bank a moms trick to whiter teeth said she was from my city which she really isnt anyway i to sighned up for the stupid bright white scam and now they keep telling us that in 3 days that they ve never had a problem like this before luckly i was smart and didnt use my bank card we will keep calling them and ask for the same lady over and over again until they cancel or they will have a case against them they will pay us.

• Mi
      28th of Sep, 2010

In July, I ordered a free trial of Bright White. All I paid was shipping and handling. On August 4 I received a charge on my bank card of $77.77. I called and after much run around and several calls, I received a refund and promise of cancellation. Since then I have received a charge of $1.49 and $4.97. Both were refunded after calling several numbers each time and trying to talk to someone that was very hard to understand. Now, Sept 28, I have received another charge of $9.76. I want to STOP all of these charges. I have been told I am cancelled but continue to receive these charges. What a scam. Just keep charging little service fees and hope people will not notice. Please, can you cancel me from fees and charges forever.

Michael Perkins

• Me
      2nd of Oct, 2010

Same deal here. In April 2010 I saw the article (advertisement) on the front page of Yahoo.com Like an idiot I filled in the form. I tried to cancel within and hour of placing the order. They said their system wouldn't update until that night. The next morning I called back, they really tried to pressure me to wait to see if I liked the product, but I insisted to cancel right then. They said they can't cancel over the phone, but would send me an email with the info to cancel. They sent the email that had VERY detailed instructions about how to cancel through their website. It didn't work, so I called again, and they guided me how to fill out the form. Once I submitted the form I asked, "So this is everything I need to do, and I will never hear from you or have any charges from your company again?" The rep said, "No Sir, that's it." They said they can't refund the shipping, but that would be the only charge.

Three months later I got a charge on my credit card. After searching high and low to get their telephone number, I called them. The snotty representative said that if I would have read the terms and conditions, I would have seen that 90 days after canceling I would be charged an internet service fee for having enrolled over the internet. (Like anyone would enroll any other way into their scam.)

I found the enrollment page online, after drilling down into the website (not on the enrollment page) I found the two lines in the terms that said I would be charged after 90 days of canceling. [ARE YOU KIDDING ME?]

I disputed the charge.

Two months later I started getting charges again..I don't know if it is a continuation of the original scam or retaliation for disputing the charge. I did read on their website that they strongly recommended (threatened) that 'customers' do not dispute charges to credit card companies.

I disputed the charges again. My credit card company is aware of this fraud. I also closed that credit card.

I blame 1) Myself 2) Yahoo.com 3) Credit Cards. It blows my mind that Yahoo would allow them to advertise on their front page. It blows my mind that the credit card companies would not block access to their network from shady merchants like this...come on it has been know for at least 5 months (my case) and likely much much longer.

Just spread the word.

• Em
      3rd of Oct, 2010

Has someone got contact details for this Bright White, i too have just noticed i've been scammed, i didn't even see anything about being charged afterwards. I did get the free trial but haven't actually used it yet, however i didn't bank on being charged nearly £60 for the privilege. I can't find details of how to get in touch and surprise surprise there was no paperwork included. HELP PLEASE

Thanks
    Emma

5th of Oct, 2010

I too was scammed to the tune of $AUD92.49 in addition to the initial few dollars I understood was all I had to pay for the 'free trial". I paid on my Visa Debit card and after ringing Bright White and getting the run around like everyone else on this forum I cancelled my card and reported the matter to the Police and the ACCC here in Australia. My bank is going to follow up on it in the hope of getting me a refund.

Just want to add my voice here and anywhere else to help others to not get scammed by these unscrupulous people.
    Anyaa

• Sm
      5th of Oct, 2010

It happened to me. I thought it was legit because the free trial ad came from my student portal from my school. Saying if I did a survey I could get a free product (Bright white teeth whitening) I only had to pay shipping. Just like everyone else I paid the shipping and just looked at my account and saw I was charged around $80. Someone please tell me what I can do to fight this and get my money back. If it happned to you and you found a way to get your refund please let me know. Thanks.

Smematz04@aol.com