Bright House Networks / Posting Payment to Account

1 Wetumpka, AL, United States

I received a notice about my account being past due on this months statement. I had paid my bills using online banking for a little over four months now. I remembered paying that bill. When I opened my bill, I received a large number of flyers informing me that my account was seriously past due. I started going through my online account and found that I did indeed pay this bill the same way I always had. I tried to contact customer care. They requested a bank statement to show proof of my claim, which I provided. It took forever for them to let me know what was going on with my account, so I decided to go to my local office.

There one of the people insisted it was my banks fault (even though they have received this payment the same way 3 times earlier). Then when i showed proof of where the payment was received by them, she insisted that electronic payments were not truly electronic, that they were still mailed a check. I did not understand this because my bank has a way of stating whether they did the transaction electronically or by mailing of a check.

It wasn't until after some time that another person came to the counter and explained that something had happened at the payment center and that it was their fault the payment did not get credited. They would remove the late fee and that was it.

I contacted customer care again to find out exactly what happened to my payment. I did not want this to happen in the future. I receive an email telling me that was inside information and just to know that my account had been credited. I am happy that my bill is not past due, but I do not like the way they handle the posting of their payments or the way they handle a past due account. I had never missed a payment in my 5 years with them. If they had sent notice prior to the next billing cycle or looked into this once they saw a pretty consistent account had missed a payment...maybe I would not be looking at dish network or direct tv right now.

If you have an option over Bright House, I would say take your other option. Between the constant elimination of channels, rate increases, and lack of respect for their paying customers, I don't think they are the company for you or me.

Gi