Bright House Networks / Overcharged

1 United States

I paid two months in advance to turn on my service. And I was told that I would only have to connect my equipment and it would work. I did as they requested and when I did nothing worked. (No surprise there). That also told me it would cost $29.00 to have a technician come to my home to fix it. This took place in April of 2008. I was not able to meet with the tech until August. But in August I scheduled the tech to come out and they got 1 of my TV's working out of 4. And sent me a bill for $190.00. After 8 days they shut off my service and said I owed those 270.00. Again I have had service for 8 DAYS. And not all of my equipment works .I am a sounded that a company can be allowed to do business like this in America.

I will be seeking a Small Claims suit against Bright House Networks to get back the money I paid in advance plus time and mental duress from speaking with customer service for hours. I would also welcome a Class Action Lawsuit to make the responsible for the deceptive billing practices they seem to make there lively hood.

Ja